Mod The Sims
Page 2 of 11

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 4 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Five New Sliders For The Sims 4! - Height, Hand, Neck, Bulge, and Gradual Height Growth! - 2/17/2016 Update (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571799)

Morphar 22nd Feb 2016 12:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by igor97
Yes)))))))))

You don't say what it is that is not working.

If you have an active sim and type add_slider height 100 in the cheat console the active sim will not get long?

octojenn 22nd Feb 2016 3:06 PM

So far I have only tested the height sliders and they work perfectly!

igor97 22nd Feb 2016 7:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
You don't say what it is that is not working.

If you have an active sim and type add_slider height 100 in the cheat console the active sim will not get long?

After entering the code nothing happens(

simmythesim 23rd Feb 2016 1:38 AM

Sorry for the wait guys! An update should come soon. I'm working on another project, which is why this is taking quite a while. I'll investigate the issue of the hand slider not working.

coto39 24th Feb 2016 2:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Sorry for the wait guys! An update should come soon. I'm working on another project, which is why this is taking quite a while. I'll investigate the issue of the hand slider not working.

Hi! Thanks for this amazing mod but seems that the bulge slider is not working either. Tested with the swimsuit from your screenshots and others. For the height and neck we get an output in the console "Applied Sim Attributes!" but for the hand and bulge slider we don't.

kampffenhoff 24th Feb 2016 6:54 AM

So, the height slider in this doesn't work the way the old one did. In that you just adjusted their height in CAS by pulling their feet. In this you have to make them in CAS and then, when you've moved them into a lot, adjust them by opening the cheat box. Is that right?

simmythesim 24th Feb 2016 9:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
So, the height slider in this doesn't work the way the old one did. In that you just adjusted their height in CAS by pulling their feet. In this you have to make them in CAS and then, when you've moved them into a lot, adjust them by opening the cheat box. Is that right?

That's how it works.

Quote: Originally posted by coto39
Hi! Thanks for this amazing mod but seems that the bulge slider is not working either. Tested with the swimsuit from your screenshots and others. For the height and neck we get an output in the console "Applied Sim Attributes!" but for the hand and bulge slider we don't.

I must have broken something a few patches ago, I'll check it soon.

Morphar 24th Feb 2016 4:52 PM

The genetics works and not.
The scenario:
A child from two extended parents celebrate her birthday and grow up to the same hight as her parents. At midnight she shrunk to a tiny teen. She almost dissapperad from the portrait.
Don't randomize sims born in game if you do that.

Walker28361 27th Feb 2016 1:44 PM

One thing to note, having made my sim shorter I recently used the Insta-lean potion on her (her arse had gotten huuuge!) and she didn't revert to her original body shape. The height was unchanged (still -40) but she was a lot skinnier and a bit narrow in the hips, although her bust was about the same. I suspect it might take a ridiculous amount of work to adjust for the potions, it might be better to just add a note warning of the possible consequences!

bienchen83 28th Feb 2016 7:42 AM

I believe that you can actually drop only the height slider in your game and it will still work. Perhaps I'll split it into three mods then? One for height and optionally setting of height for NPC's, one for child and teen growth, and the rest in a slider pack? Sounds like a good idea.

Absolutely. I´d love to have only the child and teen growth part.

jaiden 28th Feb 2016 4:10 PM

Hi, thanks for this mod and the old one <3

Quote:
I have a Error or something wrong with the Hand command (I use add_slider Hands 100 or whatever and it says "Key is 0") also, if I use "Hand" not "Hands" nothing shows up.
https://k60.kn3.net/066296713.jpg

Again, thanks for this and the old one <3

Jixend8 28th Feb 2016 6:03 PM

All of the sliders are working for me but as of lately like the poster above me said, the hand slider says "Key is 0". Maybe my sliders are outdated from the newer ones posted? Anyways, great job. I've been looking forward to slider mods for awhile now.

jaiden 28th Feb 2016 10:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Jixend8
All of the sliders are working for me but as of lately like the poster above me said, the hand slider says "Key is 0". Maybe my sliders are outdated from the newer ones posted? Anyways, great job. I've been looking forward to slider mods for awhile now.

I have the latest one, 0.61

Celoptra 29th Feb 2016 1:47 AM

so far everything working for me

Sweetgirl612 29th Feb 2016 3:20 AM

I have been testing it out, and it's working pretty close to perfectly. The only issue I've seen (other than the obvious and probably unavoidable "kiss miss") is that short sims hands and feet fade into the yoga mat a bit. I am amazed by this mod! I never thought any anyone, modder or Maxis, would ever make varied heights work this well! Congrats and thank you! I'm just crossing my fingers that future patches don't break it, because this makes the game SO much more playable.

Hellox3 1st Mar 2016 1:06 AM

I'm probably a complete idiot for asking this (actually, I most definitely am) but how do I get the height slider to work in CAS mode? Sorry if this has been answered already (or is really obvious)! (>_<)

mixa97sr 1st Mar 2016 6:37 AM

I have nothing interesting to do in TS4, so when I saw your new Growth "slider", I was intrigued and excited and I decided to test it out. I'll tell you how it works out.

And just to note, I'll be testing just the gradual growth slider, and If I have time I'll also test the height slider in combination with gradual growth.

Menaceman44 1st Mar 2016 11:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hellox3
I'm probably a complete idiot for asking this (actually, I most definitely am) but how do I get the height slider to work in CAS mode? Sorry if this has been answered already (or is really obvious)! (>_<)

Simple answer; you don't. These sliders can only be added to Sims who are already in game by using the cheat console.

grapeicies 1st Mar 2016 4:32 PM

Just had a really weird bug where my sims randomly changed in height. I was in a club meet and one of them was playing a concerto for her club when suddenly 2 of the shortest possible sims jumped to regular height, one of my taller sims jumped to shortest height, and another of average height jumped to the tallest possible height?? I'm not sure if it's because I uninstalled the mod without gradual growth and then installed the one with gradual growth after changing their heights or if it's just a bug with the height mod in general?

EDIT: Yeah no, everyone's height went super wonky xD My shortest girl is suddenly taller than her husband and his face is cut off from being so short when he was average before

System specs: Mac OSX El Capitan; 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; 3 GB RAM
Game is most recent up to date, laptop mode is enabled and my graphics are all set to low except for mirrors (off) and sims (high)

Ptb521 5th Mar 2016 10:29 AM

Great job, usefull. Thanks.
Just tested the height slider on 2 sims (with script version 0.06.1)

Issue 1 : anarchic unwanted height modifications everywhere
(same issue as constated by Grapeicies)

So I used the command "add_slider height -70" on 2 sims and the result is 100% ok, no strange legs, no robotic walk and the proportion between trunk and legs is ok. Perfect !
But after a while, the "game" begin to freely use the script for his own fun. Hahaha ! So the height of played and unplayed sims is randomly modified, tall sims here, short sims there... What a cacophony ! :-)

Issue 2 : kissing the air

You know it, the romantic interactions (kiss, enlace, etc.) between a normal sim and a taller or shorter sim are looking surrealistic. One kiss the air, the other kiss the shoulder or I don't know what. That's totally absurd. Hahaha ! But that's a detail and I suppose that's something really difficult to manage. The EA Games animations for these interactions are already imprecise.

Anyway, thanks for your job, I hope someone pay your bill. Yeaaah !

AGuyCalledPi 5th Mar 2016 3:14 PM

I'm having a really weird bug where none of the sliders work. I've made sure, they should be working. So that's fun.

Morphar 6th Mar 2016 3:44 AM

When my +100 sim aged from adult to elder he returned to 0. The genetics is not working. Parents +100 got 6 kids with normal hights.

menumk2 8th Mar 2016 11:37 AM

I love these mods. Just 1 problem I just encountered. When I removed the sliders from my mods folder, deleted the localthumbs cache file and restarted my game , all of my sims just stand there with their arms flapping and no interactions are possible. Has anyone else experienced this? When I put the sliders back into my game everything returns to normal.

menumk2 8th Mar 2016 7:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by menumk2
I love these mods. Just 1 problem I just encountered. When I removed the sliders from my mods folder, deleted the localthumbs cache file and restarted my game , all of my sims just stand there with their arms flapping and no interactions are possible. Has anyone else experienced this? When I put the sliders back into my game everything returns to normal.

Nevere mind , I figured out the problem.

mixa97sr 10th Mar 2016 8:00 AM

So, besides the usual, "kissing the air" animation problem, I actually noticed something interesting. The "caress cheek", "kiss hands", "whisper sweet nothings" interactions actually have valid animations no matter what the height of a sim is. Why is that possible, but hugging and kissing isn't? (lazy EA)

There is also a problem with skin genes passing on only black skin, but that might be due to some CC skin I downloaded lately.

I love that teens are different height now. I also wonder if sim profile picture can be fixed so that the sim's face always shows up, no matter the height.

Menaceman44 10th Mar 2016 7:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
So, besides the usual, "kissing the air" animation problem, I actually noticed something interesting. The "caress cheek", "kiss hands", "whisper sweet nothings" interactions actually have valid animations no matter what the height of a sim is. Why is that possible, but hugging and kissing isn't? (lazy EA)

That's because of how the different animations work. The kissing and hugging animations are set, complete animations with defined positions. The ones that involve Sims touching other Sims with their hands use IK points (I think they were called) that act like magnets.

Menaceman44 11th Mar 2016 7:11 PM

Just a thought, any chance you could make the console commands able to include a target Sims' name so that you can change the height of Sims not in the active family?

AGuyCalledPi 11th Mar 2016 8:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
That's because of how the different animations work. The kissing and hugging animations are set, complete animations with defined positions. The ones that involve Sims touching other Sims with their hands use IK points (I think they were called) that act like magnets.

And yet, the animators couldn't be bothered to make SimLips magnetic? That's ruined so many screenshots. OTOH, it's probably nothing modding can't fix.

Menaceman44 11th Mar 2016 9:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
And yet, the animators couldn't be bothered to make SimLips magnetic? That's ruined so many screenshots. OTOH, it's probably nothing modding can't fix.

I think it's because it doesn't look weird for the arm to move to differing heights. The arm can naturally do that. If kissing worked in the same way it might cause the Sim to stretch or compress in strange ways as it isn't just a single part of the body that would need to calculate movement.

zygortz 11th Mar 2016 11:54 PM

Do you think it would be possible to extend the scale beyond 100 and -100 to make even taller and shorter sims?

mixa97sr 13th Mar 2016 10:35 PM

I think it's because it doesn't look weird for the arm to move to differing heights. The arm can naturally do that. If kissing worked in the same way it might cause the Sim to stretch or compress in strange ways as it isn't just a single part of the body that would need to calculate movement.

Yeah, I guess that head moving with rig set to 1 and neck set to 0.5 won't do the work as animation would probably look kind of like a glitch. But they could determine how much is needed to move the shoulders down. For that, however, a better rig is needed, which they probably won't bother making.

AGuyCalledPi 13th Mar 2016 11:19 PM

But if you want to kiss someone that's shorter or taller than you, you just need to tilt your head up or down. If hands can be anchored to line up with another Sim, surely lips can? To prove my point, this screenshot. Despite a height difference of about 6', all I had to do was adjust the neck and head.

fallingsnow 17th Mar 2016 9:08 AM

So i have it installed and both script mods and custom content checked.

i created my sim and moved into a furnished home.

i then press ctrl shift c to bring up the cheat box in top left corner...

in the cheat box i type add_slider Height -50

i press enter but nothing happens.

do i need to enable cheats? is what i typed even correct?

i have gone through the entire thread from OP to here and nobody has any answers that i can find that help me.

simitarsims 17th Mar 2016 10:22 PM

I have had a similar problem. mine seems to be changing one of my sims in a way taller scale than my other ones. I don't know if this has to do with genetics, but when I try to shorten one of my female sims who is in the same age group as another one of my sims to the same height she is still significantly taller. Am I missing something in the cheats or something. I'm confused as why my other sims can get so much shorter than her! Please help :P

Ps when I use add_slider height -100 she is about the same size as my other girls at add_slider height 30 . She looks like a giant when I add a tall slider. Hehe

Menaceman44 20th Mar 2016 11:40 PM

Can we expect another update to this any time soon? Maybe soon after the next patch lands on March 22nd? Hopefully the actual meaning of "soon" as well, not the EA definition.

RuneVe 21st Mar 2016 11:55 PM

Thank you v0.06.1. ! (Merci)

Morphar 22nd Mar 2016 8:41 AM

The genetics definitely work in the old mod but not in this one.

Manderz0630 24th Mar 2016 1:18 AM

It doesn't want to stay with an alien sim cause when I type the slider height it goes to the height but when I go to a different lot or put on his disguise and remove it he shrinks back down to the default size.

Colorkiller 24th Mar 2016 9:06 PM

I'm afraid the stable version no longer works with the 2nd March patch. Neither does the "beta" version. I tried both.
Strangely enough though my shorter sims have remained short even after the update.

jaiden 25th Mar 2016 3:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Colorkiller
I'm afraid the stable version no longer works with the 2nd March patch. Neither does the "beta" version. I tried both.
Strangely enough though my shorter sims have remained short even after the update.

The beta (latest version) Works for me
Still without the hands slider, but everything else works like a charm! (The photos are from yesterday)

Ptb521 25th Mar 2016 10:22 PM

Same thing here, the mod version 0.04 (stable version) is still working with the new game update 1.16.61.1020.

lekiscool 28th Mar 2016 6:33 AM

Gradual Growth

I have only used the latest version of the mod, v0.06.1.zip but the gradual growth does not seem to be working, all the children sims are the same height and they are different ages.
Is there a command for gradual growth I should use? or does it work better in an earlier mod?

I did type in "rhall" and "rhone" and these did not seem to work. Is there more to the command?

Otherwise great mod, not other issues to report.

Edit: I removed all the mods from my folder and put them back in and rhall worked. I'm unsure if the height is passing genetically, since you mentioned a bug. I did however change the height of the teens I think that works just as well.

AGuyCalledPi 28th Mar 2016 9:01 AM

Hm, I wish the sliders actually worked for me. I've double checked, there's no reason they shouldn't be working.

jaiden 29th Mar 2016 9:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
Hm, I wish the sliders actually worked for me. I've double checked, there's no reason they shouldn't be working.

Have you checked your in-game options in Advanced? there's 2 options for Mods.

AGuyCalledPi 29th Mar 2016 9:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by jaiden
Have you checked your in-game options in Advanced? there's 2 options for Mods.

I don't need basic game information, thanks. I'm the evil overlord of a subreddit for "advanced, hardcore, serious" Simmers, I of all people should know what I'm doing.

Colorkiller 30th Mar 2016 3:10 AM

they aren't working for me still. i put in the height command and nothing happens.

Colorkiller 31st Mar 2016 4:42 PM

The beta (latest version) Works for me Still without the hands slider, but everything else works like a charm! (The photos are from yesterday)

Are you running the 32bit or the 64bit?

jaiden 31st Mar 2016 5:47 PM

Are you running the 32bit or the 64bit?

The 64-bit

Colorkiller 2nd Apr 2016 8:00 PM

The 64-bit

And here I thought I'd figured it out! DX It only works for me in the 32bit and not the 64bit I generally run.
I put in the code: add_slider height -80, in the 64bit and nothing happens, but i put in the same code in the 32bit version and I get the the confirmation (can't remember what it says) and my sims are at the height I want.

Blarg! DX

jaiden 2nd Apr 2016 8:33 PM

And here I thought I'd figured it out! DX It only works for me in the 32bit and not the 64bit I generally run.
I put in the code: add_slider height -80, in the 64bit and nothing happens, but i put in the same code in the 32bit version and I get the the confirmation (can't remember what it says) and my sims are at the height I want.

Blarg! DX

Height-Neck works for me, Bulge/Hands doesn't.

VentusMatt 6th Apr 2016 2:15 AM

Just started playing with your mod and is is better then your last one

I do have a suggestion, could you add a command that allows you to change the height of all sim by gender and/or age. So if I wanted all my teen boys to be taller then my teen girls I could globally set them to different heights rather then manually setting each sims height.

jaiden 6th Apr 2016 9:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
Just started playing with your mod and is is better then your last one

I do have a suggestion, could you add a command that allows you to change the height of all sim by gender and/or age. So if I wanted all my teen boys to be taller then my teen girls I could globally set them to different heights rather then manually setting each sims height.

This would be interesting. Every girl taller than the boys or every boy taller than the girls would be awesome.

VentusMatt 7th Apr 2016 3:57 AM

I also had the thought of maybe you could separate gradual growth and randomized height into separate packages and for randomized heights maybe add in commands so sims of certain ages/genders can be given a random height ranging from one set value to another. Like adult males range from (-50)-(50) and adult females range from (-75)-(25).

I know I may be asking a lot but if you could add these in that would be amazing :lovestruc:

Menaceman44 7th Apr 2016 6:19 PM

I'd just be interested to hear if the creator is still working on this or planning on any more updates. Things seems to have gone a little too quiet here.

AGuyCalledPi 7th Apr 2016 6:33 PM

Things seems to have gone a little too quite here.

A little to quite what? A little too quite, so a lot? Quite a little, so not a lot? Your comment is quiet confusing.

Runs away

mc32bk 8th Apr 2016 9:44 AM

I have a question for the creator, @simmythesim.
I'm testing your mod and my doubt is, if I play with my family of two young adult sims, can their height change day by day or it can changes only one time (when I put the mod)?
I'm playing with aging disabled! Thanks in advance

I've some screenshots of the first height change...

Nuliette 9th Apr 2016 11:14 PM

I've been using the latest version of this mod for a few weeks, with aging off, on a 64 bits system, with all the add-ons and few mods aside from cas, buy and build items. I changed the height on most of the sims of all ages in all chock-full neighborhoods on the first day, and noticed a single glitch in all that time (for one sim the height change didn't "stick" the first time I set it).

I used the neck slider a lot too, but I didn't test the bulge slider, and the hands slider doesn't work for me either. I rotate a lot between households, didn't notice any issue when going back to any of them.

Some sims require adjusting the body thickness and head size for better proportions, and the limbs are maybe a bit longish on teens shrunk down to -100 (but that's probably nitpicking since it's often the case with pre-teens in real life).

Also, most of the animations still work surprisingly well aside from kissing, even interactions between sims resized to both extremes.

So all in all, this perfectly suits my needs. I didn't dare expect too much, but I'm amazed at how much this improves the feel of the game - to the point that I'm not sure I could play without it anymore. Congratulations and many thanks to the creator !
I'm really hoping this is not discontinued and doesn't break with an update...

VentusMatt 10th Apr 2016 5:38 AM

One thing I have noticed is that when a sim interact with babies the as well size up and down with the sim. I had a sim at 100 height and the baby became huge but once they put the baby back in the bassinet the baby was normal size.

VentusMatt 11th Apr 2016 3:07 AM

After testing your sliders out I decided that I didn't want the bulge slider in game anymore so I took it out well once back in my sims kept jumping from the normal standing position to the no rigging positions, kinda like they were doing jumping jacks. Now I did add in other mods but I know removing the bulge slider was the issue since in the LastException file is repeats this line several times

File "C:\Users\MattyD\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\MTSsimmythesim1604189StableFourNewSlidersforTheSims4v0041\AddSimSlider.ts4script\AddSimSlider.py", line 146, in log_outfit_change bulge_stat_commodity = sim_info.get_statistic(bulge_stat_file) File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 1196, in get_statistic AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_statistic' </desyncdata></report>

lauren9211984 11th Apr 2016 6:06 AM

I keep just getting "Unable to execute command" when I try add_slider height 50. I tried different values and nothing is working still Do i need TC on? I wanna play with this mod, but I've tried reading thru these comments, and simmy mostly asked if they had scripts enabled, which I do. Please, help!

VentusMatt 12th Apr 2016 2:25 AM

Me again

Something interesting I just found out is that sliders don't stick on age up and potentially age down. This may cause problems for when you YA sim ages to adult and all of a sudden shrinks/grows but for teen sims this is handy since you can set your teen sims shorter and upon age up they'll be regular size like as if they actually grew.

Morphar 13th Apr 2016 4:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
Me again

Something interesting I just found out is that sliders don't stick on age up and potentially age down. This may cause problems for when you YA sim ages to adult and all of a sudden shrinks/grows but for teen sims this is handy since you can set your teen sims shorter and upon age up they'll be regular size like as if they actually grew.

Good, I thought I was the only one that have noticed it. Strange thing is that the old mod works better for genetics but the animation is not so good as this.
Hope simmy will have a look at it again.

More people noticed the aging problem?

Parents height +100 and after aging up of parents and children all is height 0

azoresman 14th Apr 2016 4:33 PM

Good, I thought I was the only one that have noticed it. Strange thing is that the old mod works better for genetics but the animation is not so good as this.
Hope simmy will have a look at it again.

More people noticed the aging problem?

Parents height +100 and after aging up of parents and children all is height 0

The start and end point in growth on different age stage is different.
It's connected to the death track, or in other words the life bar.
When a sim ages up that track is reset and to this mod that means it sets sim's height to the starting value for that life stage witch is not the same far all ages.
That's why teen are so short and you can't make a young adult as short as a teen.
The maximum is the same far all teen and up.

Morphar 18th Apr 2016 9:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are pictures from the old mod:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329

It shows that height survives ageing and height is inherited.
That is not the case with this mod.

Note that I play with only:
Height Slider Short.package
Height Slider Tall.package
Slider Scripts.ts4script

_thequeenlanika_ 19th Apr 2016 4:42 PM

I cannot get this to work. Ive tried doing it in live mode and in CAS, but nothing works?

Morphar 20th Apr 2016 8:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by _thequeenlanika_
I cannot get this to work. Ive tried doing it in live mode and in CAS, but nothing works?

You don't need to go to CAS. Just type the command in the cheat console
Quote:
Enter add_slider <command> <number>

Example:
add_slider height 100 and your active sim vill be max height. That's all.

Morphar 20th Apr 2016 8:19 AM

Maybe the auther of this genealic mod could comment on the comments.
The growth features would be fine too but to me the animations and genetics is prio 1.
Any hope?

pentabet 28th Apr 2016 12:09 AM

Some feedback needed guys, I think the mod's getting a little too bloated now, should I split the height slider and height growth into one mod, and then hand, neck and bulge sliders in another?

Hi Simmy, I know it's been a while since you asked this, and you also haven't been on for a while, but I'd still like to answer this for when you get back.

If you want to split it, would you consider separating the gradual growth from the main height slider/random NPC heights? I love the idea of the last two, but if I set one kid to be taller than another (but younger) I don't know how that will adjust with the gradual growth running in the background. I'd rather they each stay where I set them. Does that make sense?

simmythesim 30th Apr 2016 2:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pentabet
Hi Simmy, I know it's been a while since you asked this, and you also haven't been on for a while, but I'd still like to answer this for when you get back.

If you want to split it, would you consider separating the gradual growth from the main height slider/random NPC heights? I love the idea of the last two, but if I set one kid to be taller than another (but younger) I don't know how that will adjust with the gradual growth running in the background. I'd rather they each stay where I set them. Does that make sense?

Sorry for not being able to update you guys. Real life was busy for the last couple of weeks. Anyway, I'm sad to say this, but I've stopped working on the mod.

Enjoji 30th Apr 2016 10:50 AM

Sorry for not being able to update you guys. Real life was busy for the last couple of weeks. Anyway, I'm sad to say this, but I've stopped working on the mod.

Awww, that's a shame ... I've been checking this thread every day hoping for an update - maybe a foot slider code, or even an extension to the codes you already have (rather than 100 height, maybe 150 or even 200 - in case I want a few Giants running around, lol)

Oh well, sorry to hear you're not working on this anymore - would you be willing to tell us how you created this or if there any tutorials, in case someone else might want to pick it up?

Looking forward to whatever other mods you decide to release in the future

gretchenw1976 1st May 2016 6:47 PM

I just found this site.. can anyone tell me if you need both downloads because they seem to be the same, if not how do you know which ones to dl?

Menaceman44 1st May 2016 11:29 PM

You only need to download one of the downloads that are available. They are two different versions of the same thing. One is newer than the other and has been updated slightly. Try both if you like. Only one at a time though. Some people prefer the older version and some prefer the newer. They also don't work for all people it would seem but this mod has now been discontinued by its creator

kampffenhoff 2nd May 2016 1:36 PM

Tried the height sliders. Worked perfectly and I am running the 64bit version.

Ladyofthewheels 9th May 2016 6:06 AM

please leave the growth separate for the main mod I want and love shorter teens but the growth would ruin play value

Morphar 17th May 2016 11:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ladyofthewheels
please leave the growth separate for the main mod I want and love shorter teens but the growth would ruin play value

FYI:
Quote:

It would be nice if someone could update the old mod with the animation from this one. Growing is not that important.

Menaceman44 17th May 2016 2:03 PM

If I knew the first thing about Python coding I would attempt this as I want it SOOO bad in my game. Sadly, I haven't a clue. I even downloaded Python specifically so that I could take a look and I didn't even get past opening the program. That was it.

Enjoji 18th May 2016 11:53 AM

If I knew the first thing about Python coding I would attempt this as I want it SOOO bad in my game. Sadly, I haven't a clue. I even downloaded Python specifically so that I could take a look and I didn't even get past opening the program. That was it.

You and me both... I did ask way above if there was a possibility of a tutorial - or even just a few pointers - by haven't heard anything, so I guess the answer to that is a no...
This is the best height mod simmythesim has created, in my opinion - I can't go back to the others he's done, so will have to make do with this - as unfinished as it is

jaiden 3rd Jun 2016 9:47 PM

Sadly, this mod won't work in a few updates :c

Spinetiti 4th Jun 2016 3:56 PM

I really hope that someone (simmythesim if he is still working on it ) will update that mod, it was very usefull to make my game more realistic (i was only using the height sliders, if at least them would be updated that would be awesome !) Thanks in advance !

Menaceman44 4th Jun 2016 4:02 PM

jaiden, what makes you say that?
spinetiti, simmythesim has already said they have retired from modding so won't be working on this anymore.

Spinetiti 4th Jun 2016 5:17 PM

Oh that's sad, I really hope someone who knows something about how the last patch affected this mod wil be able to make the sliders work

Menaceman44 4th Jun 2016 5:36 PM

I'd just be grateful if simmythesim would be willing to post there raw code here for someone else to pick up and possibly carry on with. They are unresponsive to contact at the moment.

jaiden 4th Jun 2016 11:09 PM

jaiden, what makes you say that?
spinetiti, simmythesim has already said they have retired from modding so won't be working on this anymore.

Sometimes happens, without a knowledge.

kdott13 5th Jun 2016 3:39 AM

The mod no longer works with the new update for June 3rd. This totally sucks

fairjuno 9th Jun 2016 6:43 PM

i hate that you won't be modding anymore, but this slider works fine for me. i love the fact that my sims are all different sizes, i really hope someone can pick up and keep this one going.

amywong723 10th Jun 2016 6:35 AM

so i've read the instructions like 40 times, i've tried going on youtube and couldn't find anything. i SWEAR that everything is checked. cc and scrip mods. i've tried to type in the command and everything. the old command and the new one. "add_slider 13801231225349348340 <number>" i tried that with decimals and nothing. "add_slider height -50" nothing, i even tried with decimals too. everything. i went into CAS, i went into "change sim". i do understand the mod maker has retired i was hoping maybe someone who uses this mod could help me?. again im 100% positive that i have everything checked and i read the comment section hoping to resolve this issue but i cant and i'm really hoping that someone will help. i suspect maybe the new june update may have made the mod un-useable. i'm hoping this isn't the case. thanks in advance.

orchidkit 10th Jun 2016 10:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by amywong723
so i've read the instructions like 40 times, i've tried going on youtube and couldn't find anything. i SWEAR that everything is checked. cc and scrip mods. i've tried to type in the command and everything. the old command and the new one. "add_slider 13801231225349348340 <number>" i tried that with decimals and nothing. "add_slider height -50" nothing, i even tried with decimals too. everything. i went into CAS, i went into "change sim". i do understand the mod maker has retired i was hoping maybe someone who uses this mod could help me?. again im 100% positive that i have everything checked and i read the comment section hoping to resolve this issue but i cant and i'm really hoping that someone will help. i suspect maybe the new june update may have made the mod un-useable. i'm hoping this isn't the case. thanks in advance.

hope its help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ0spReEadM

KatJustice97 17th Jun 2016 5:48 AM

If you're trying in CAS, it won't work, which is really annoying. You have to place the family in the world, enable testingcheats, then apply the slider with the new code. From there, you could go to manage worlds and modify that family in CAS so you can save the changes, which seems WILDLY inefficient to me.

I don't understand why the mod doesn't work in CAS. Like doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? I don't want to place the sims in the world before I can use it, I want to just go into CAS and load the family and modify them. It's also kind of annoying to have to have to turn testingcheats on just to use the sliders, but maybe twistedmexican's testingcheats Always On mod can help with that.

On the flip side, the even proportions are nice. I wish instead though, there were leg(maybe thigh/calf)/torso sliders that affected height separately. If I ever figure out Python maybe I'll try, but don't count on it.

Morphar 19th Jun 2016 6:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by katgirl28888
If you're trying in CAS, it won't work, which is really annoying. You have to place the family in the world, enable testingcheats, then apply the slider with the new code. From there, you could go to manage worlds and modify that family in CAS so you can save the changes, which seems WILDLY inefficient to me.

I don't understand why the mod doesn't work in CAS. Like doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? I don't want to place the sims in the world before I can use it, I want to just go into CAS and load the family and modify them. It's also kind of annoying to have to have to turn testingcheats on just to use the sliders, but maybe twistedmexican's testingcheats Always On mod can help with that.

On the flip side, the even proportions are nice. I wish instead though, there were leg(maybe thigh/calf)/torso sliders that affected height separately. If I ever figure out Python maybe I'll try, but don't count on it.

CAS is a totally separate program from the gme written in program language C++ and we don't have the source code. Parameters for sliders is instead passed to the output from CAS, the sim.

AGuyCalledPi 19th Jun 2016 8:12 PM

CAS is a totally separate program from the gme written in program language C++ and we don't have the source code. Parameters for sliders is instead passed to the output from CAS, the sim.

I'm preeeeeettty sure CAS isn't separate in any way.

Lodakai 22nd Jun 2016 7:23 AM

Make sure any script file that you are using is not more than 1 subfolder level deep.

IE You CAN have it in the sims 4 > Mods > Height slider
but you CANNOT have it in sims 4 > Mods > bodymods > Height Slider

Menaceman44 8th Jul 2016 12:57 AM

For anyone who understands python and the way coding works, simmythesim has agreed to share his source code for the scripts and other bits needed for these to work.
I've uploaded the files he sent me to my oneDrive
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am8KXkA0MW12hjkJiY_T6hHUV3KS
I hope somebody who understands this stuff wants to take over the wonderful project simmy started.

aco-nite 19th Jul 2016 1:44 AM

Oh my god? I'm diseased.
I leave the sims for months and I come back to this? Yes please.

aco-nite 21st Jul 2016 4:08 AM

My mod kind of stopped working for some reason. It worked fine at first, although I only tested it with one sim, but now no matter what I do, the commands do nothing

kakeru_naruse 27th Jul 2016 9:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by aco-nite
My mod kind of stopped working for some reason. It worked fine at first, although I only tested it with one sim, but now no matter what I do, the commands do nothing

I think the mod stopped working on the latest patch. Unfortunately, the creator isn't updating it anymore It was fun while it lasted though.

alexpilgrim 30th Jul 2016 9:33 AM

The height sliders are working for me, my game is fully patched (as of today July 30). I'm not sure about the gradual slider, children still grow into those huge monsters, must it be activated with a command or am I missing something??? (Though of course they can be adjusted manually with the height slider)

I assume the height sliders are:
Height Slider Short.package
Height Slider Tall.package

And the gradual/shorter teen one is:
Height Slider Growth.package
???

Thanks!

Lodakai 30th Jul 2016 11:46 AM

The children grow until their birthday to be about the same size as a teen.
Once they age up, the teen will be quite taller than anyone (because it is still their birthday.. they are at the adult size as a teen)
After midnight they will shrink back to the height they should be.

lkandak 4th Aug 2016 7:28 PM

The updated height and gradual height increase mod would be so awesome! Too bad it's not being updated anymore

Rainbeau115 6th Aug 2016 3:04 AM

Has anyone gotten the add_slider bulge xx mod to work properly? I have had npc's with packages (WHOA there Mr Goth), but my Sims never get the effect. For me the height slider is working fine with all updates. **knock on wood, fingers crossed...
And if anyone ever figures out a way to streamline this pack of mods, please don't leave out the bulge slider. I hate having neutered men in my game.