Mod The Sims
Page 4 of 11

Mod The Sims (https://modthesims.info/index.php)
-   Sims 4 (https://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Five New Sliders For The Sims 4! - Height, Hand, Neck, Bulge, and Gradual Height Growth! - 2/17/2016 Update (https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571799)

Zellbean 28th Mar 2017 2:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by vectorplexus
You should check the first post on this thread, but in essence, the dynamic slider will cause your children and teens to grow as they age, I guess it's a "passive slider"

Whew! I wondered this myself. I used the old sliders from way back, and LOVED them until those rotten little toddlers broke everything. I've been looking to get different heights back in my game.

kampffenhoff 28th Mar 2017 2:32 PM

I cannot get this mod to work. No matter what I do the height doesn't change. Testing cheats is set to on in Command center and I typed add_slider height 100 and nothing happened. I tried all different numbers and even added capital letters to words and nothing happens.

Compared this version to the original and noticed the original needed a TS4 script enabling sliders. Tried it using the old one and it didn't work. All that happened is my sim became totally immobile and reset sim didn't work either.

Menaceman44 28th Mar 2017 3:21 PM

People trying these new fixed file will still need the original script file from the original downloads. That hasn't been changed and hasn't been included with the new files. Took me a while to realise that.
I've also come to the conclusion that while the scaling may be the same values in the code, the difference is not as noticable as before since now the Sims are only scaled from the waist up. Changing the bone that gets scaled, to fix the toddler issue, has meant that the legs and feet do not get scaled making the size change less obvious.
If the scale was increased to make the differences more obvious then you would end up with disproportioned Sims.

kampffenhoff 28th Mar 2017 5:21 PM

I used the original script file and my sims became immobilized without me doing anything at all to them. I had to close the game and it left me with a last exception. The exception seems to have been caused by the the script file itself. It's a huge file with over 48,000 lines. Without the script file nothing happens and with it the game doesn't work. I removed the new sliders and script file and everything was back to normal. They simply don't work unfortunately, at least, not in my game which is usually trouble free.

vectorplexus 28th Mar 2017 9:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
People trying these new fixed file will still need the original script file from the original downloads. That hasn't been changed and hasn't been included with the new files. Took me a while to realise that.
I've also come to the conclusion that while the scaling may be the same values in the code, the difference is not as noticable as before since now the Sims are only scaled from the waist up. Changing the bone that gets scaled, to fix the toddler issue, has meant that the legs and feet do not get scaled making the size change less obvious.
If the scale was increased to make the differences more obvious then you would end up with disproportioned Sims.

Yes that was what I explained before, and yes, I should have mentioned that you still need the scripts from the initial post on this thread. You will need the script AND all the sliders (hands, neck, bulge, etc). Basically:

1. Download the mod from the first post:
2. Patch it with the files I provided

Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
I used the original script file and my sims became immobilized without me doing anything at all to them. I had to close the game and it left me with a last exception. The exception seems to have been caused by the the script file itself. It's a huge file with over 48,000 lines. Without the script file nothing happens and with it the game doesn't work. I removed the new sliders and script file and everything was back to normal. They simply don't work unfortunately, at least, not in my game which is usually trouble free.

Pretty sure your problem is because you forgot to install the other packages (hand slider.package, etc...)

PS-I was thinking about a solution to also extend the legs height, I will test it in a bit.

kampffenhoff 28th Mar 2017 9:54 PM

When I used the original version of the height slider I only installed the height slider and the enable slider mod script file. I did not install any of the other sliders. So now you are saying this new version requires me to install all the other sliders. I didn't want any of the other sliders which is why I didn't use them before. I simply don't understand why I now have to install every slider when I didn't before if all you've done is update the height slider. I didn't forget to install the other packages as I didn't install them when I used the original version. I just wanted the height slider and nothing else like I had before.

vectorplexus 28th Mar 2017 10:10 PM

When I used the original version of the height slider I only installed the height slider and the enable slider mod script file. I did not install any of the other sliders. So now you are saying this new version requires me to install all the other sliders. I didn't want any of the other sliders which is why I didn't use them before. I simply don't understand why I now have to install every slider when I didn't before if all you've done is update the height slider. I didn't forget to install the other packages as I didn't install them when I used the original version. I just wanted the height slider and nothing else like I had before.

Dont install anything, problem solved

guedespoa 29th Mar 2017 9:48 AM

vectorplexus if u find a solution about height legs i will kiss you(just kidding :P).

I tested the old mod(without your update) and is great and more realistic! The only problem is about the "damn" toddlers.

I hope you can fix it!!

Menaceman44 29th Mar 2017 10:24 AM

I only installed the new Tall and Short packages with the original script, none of the other sliders, and it's been working fine in my game.

vectorplexus 29th Mar 2017 3:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by guedespoa
vectorplexus if u find a solution about height legs i will kiss you(just kidding :P).

I tested the old mod(without your update) and is great and more realistic! The only problem is about the "damn" toddlers.

I hope you can fix it!!

I'm working on it, almost done I believe... it's an extremely slow proccess, because I'm tweaking several bones simultaneously, because once I mess with one, some other issue will happen. I'm trying to get a compromise between messing up them, so things will look as flawless as possible. Basically I'm changing one value at a time, open the package, change a value, save the package, close it, launch the game, check how it looks, close the game, rinse and repeat. I'm sure I've restarted my game more than 100 times by now =P

kampffenhoff 29th Mar 2017 5:13 PM

OK, well, I got it working. I simply restored the old enable sliders script I had from file restore plus a bulge slider that was there too, since my huge exception file mentioned bulge slider about 50 times and then installed the new height sliders alongside them. I didn't put them in a sub folder just in case and it works beautifully. I looked in on the McDonald family and made Jane as short as I could and Shaun as tall as possible and they both handled their toddler fine. No idea at all why I couldn't get it working before and simply hadn't the time to open the slider script in Python to look at it. Anyhow, only had time to play for about a half hour but it was fine. I'm so pleased I can now make my Sims different heights again. I think the error I had was to do with the bulge slider. I haven't added any of the other sliders except that and the height. Thanks for working on it.

guedespoa 29th Mar 2017 5:54 PM

OK, well, I got it working. I simply restored the old enable sliders script I had from file restore plus a bulge slider that was there too, since my huge exception file mentioned bulge slider about 50 times and then installed the new height sliders alongside them. I didn't put them in a sub folder just in case and it works beautifully. I looked in on the McDonald family and made Jane as short as I could and Shaun as tall as possible and they both handled their toddler fine. No idea at all why I couldn't get it working before and simply hadn't the time to open the slider script in Python to look at it. Anyhow, only had time to play for about a half hour but it was fine. I'm so pleased I can now make my Sims different heights again. I think the error I had was to do with the bulge slider. I haven't added any of the other sliders except that and the height. Thanks for working on it.

Let me understand you... You get the script file from v0.04.1 version and use the 3 heights .packages from v0.06.1 version??? And no troubles with toddlers?

guedespoa 29th Mar 2017 6:26 PM

Ok i try restored the script file in version 0.06 and height/bulge files, still with toddles bug

kampffenhoff 29th Mar 2017 6:30 PM

Let me understand you... You get the script file from v0.04.1 version and use the 3 heights .packages from v0.06.1 version??? And no troubles with toddlers?

No. I have no idea where the script file was from. I got it from Windows file restore also the bulge slider and I've no idea where that came from either. I said I got them from file restore, I've no idea what version they are. I simply looked in file restore and found the files and restored them. Then I downloaded the new height sliders and it worked as I said, I didn't download anything from the files on page one of this thread. The script file I used and the bulge slider were in file restore. It isn't enabled by default in windows 8, you have enable it. When you do it simply saves certain things. I can restore files that have been deleted months ago using it.

So, to sum up, I have the two files from file restore plus the 3 new height sliders--- the new ones by vectorplexus not the ones by simmythesim and it works. I don't know if the script file and the bulge slider are from version 0.4 or 0.6 because I got them from file restore.

vectorplexus 29th Mar 2017 6:46 PM

Toddler Fix v2

2 Attachment(s)
Ok I think I will give up on trying to fix this one issue... I havent tested it exaustively, and I believe it's probably the only animation that will look weird. When doing Push-Ups, if the Height > 0, then the hands will float a bit on the air. If the Height < 0, then the hands will start getting buried on the ground. I think there will be very few animations with this particular problem though, because the game as a sort of IK Solver, that allows to animate by using target bones instead of just raw animation. However, in this particular animation, is probably not using the hands bones to target anything (because there is nothing to target) and is obviously not snapping to the origin node vertical coordinate, as the feet does. The only way to fix this would be to rotate the entire body, but when I do that, the sim obviously stands and walks in a very awkward position, so I'll just leave it this way, I dont think I can get it any better =(

Also... There seems to be a lot of confusion here, so let me clarify how to get this to work... Go on the first post of this thread, posted by @SimmyTheSim
  • If you download the "(Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip" version, you will want to patch it with the "Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2.zip"
  • If you download the "A lot of sliders for The Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip", you will want to patch it with both "Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2.zip" and "Dynamic Height Slider Toddler Fix v2.zip"

I hope this gets clear... I'm using the original scripts SimmyTheSim provided on the "(Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip" version, and they're working for me, I never used any other versions, nor do I use the Gradual Heights.

PS-I have no idea if the Gradual Height thingy will get borked (specially the hands position, I havent tested). In case it does look weird, send me a screenshot so I can see whats happening

guedespoa 29th Mar 2017 7:35 PM

Great job vectorplexus! Thank you very much. I dont care with Push-Ups bugs!

guedespoa 4th Apr 2017 5:33 PM

vectorplexus sorry bother you, but i see a bug about height in toddlers and childs, when i put height -50 or more small, these sims bend their knees, meaning they do not stand with their legs straight. Is there a way to fix this? Only happens with children and toddlers!

vectorplexus 4th Apr 2017 11:20 PM

vectorplexus sorry bother you, but i see a bug about height in toddlers and childs, when i put height -50 or more small, these sims bend their knees, meaning they do not stand with their legs straight. Is there a way to fix this? Only happens with children and toddlers!

@guedespoa
Can you tell me what version are you using to be easier to diagnose? I'm assuming its the Gradual/Dynamic version?

guedespoa 5th Apr 2017 1:42 AM

@guedespoa
Can you tell me what version are you using to be easier to diagnose? I'm assuming its the Gradual/Dynamic version?

Im not using gradual/dynamic version, only your v2 Height Slider Short and Height Slider Tall with Slider Scripts.ts4script(v.06). The .ts4script(v.4) not work for me, my sims not move with this version!

guedespoa 5th Apr 2017 1:45 AM

Btw i change the Height Slider Short to previously version(v.06) and the children and toddlers sims not get this bug with this legs, only in your version you upload here a few days ago

guedespoa 5th Apr 2017 1:46 AM

But ofc i prefer your version cuz i can make small adult sims and not get the toddler bug when they get in your arms

vectorplexus 6th Apr 2017 2:42 AM

But ofc i prefer your version cuz i can make small adult sims and not get the toddler bug when they get in your arms

Yes I know its my version only because that was the only way to prevent the toddler bug. @SimmyTheSim did exactly what any other modder would have, when it comes to scaling the skeleton, I would do the same. The scaling method I used is a bit "wonkier" and requires more detail to attention, and stuff.I'll see if I have some time and patience to check it out tomorrow.

guedespoa 6th Apr 2017 4:31 AM

Yes I know its my version only because that was the only way to prevent the toddler bug. @SimmyTheSim did exactly what any other modder would have, when it comes to scaling the skeleton, I would do the same. The scaling method I used is a bit "wonkier" and requires more detail to attention, and stuff.I'll see if I have some time and patience to check it out tomorrow.

Thank you very much! Im anxious to wait your answer! :D

Menaceman44 6th Apr 2017 9:30 PM

It's great to see somebody has taken up this monumental mod.
I will add though that I am finding my teen Sims bend their knees when they are shortened. Okay, so actually I've only tried the mod on one Sim because ALL I want is for teen Sims to be at a slightly shorter height by default, and his knees always seem to be slightly bent now.

Terrasplorer 6th Apr 2017 11:13 PM

i've been having similar issues with my toddlers, they float when theyre too tall and bend their knees when they're too short

vectorplexus 9th Apr 2017 1:26 PM

Ok here's a small update, on what is happening and how it can be fixed...

The problem is that the torso and legs ratio, in children and toddlers is different from Teens/YA/Adults and Elders. So if I fix the children/toddler I will break all other age's heights, and vice-versa. There is a way to fix this ofc, but it requires scripting (Python) and because I barely ever did anything in Python and because I'm not familiar with Sims 4 specific coding, its harder for me to try to code... I usually compare the way I'm coding in an unfamiliar language, to the Infinite monkey theorem, so I'm not even sure when and if I'll be able to pull this one out. I already looked at the scripts in more detail, and I have a general idea how I could fix it, to be able to have 2 sets of sliders (normal height and height for children/toddlers) but I'll make no promises, nor can I commit to a fast update, since I have no idea how much "face-rolling" will I need to do on my keyboard to have a functional script.

It's great to see somebody has taken up this monumental mod.
I will add though that I am finding my teen Sims bend their knees when they are shortened. Okay, so actually I've only tried the mod on one Sim because ALL I want is for teen Sims to be at a slightly shorter height by default, and his knees always seem to be slightly bent now.

That shouldn't be really happening on teens, but I'll check it out. Are Teens able to pick up Toddlers? I assume so, but I'm unsure

guedespoa 9th Apr 2017 6:20 PM

Ok here's a small update, on what is happening and how it can be fixed...

The problem is that the torso and legs ratio, in children and toddlers is different from Teens/YA/Adults and Elders. So if I fix the children/toddler I will break all other age's heights, and vice-versa. There is a way to fix this ofc, but it requires scripting (Python) and because I barely ever did anything in Python and because I'm not familiar with Sims 4 specific coding, its harder for me to try to code... I usually compare the way I'm coding in an unfamiliar language, to the Infinite monkey theorem, so I'm not even sure when and if I'll be able to pull this one out. I already looked at the scripts in more detail, and I have a general idea how I could fix it, to be able to have 2 sets of sliders (normal height and height for children/toddlers) but I'll make no promises, nor can I commit to a fast update, since I have no idea how much "face-rolling" will I need to do on my keyboard to have a functional script.

Thank you very much for try and see the problem, i hope u can fix it! Thanks again :D

That shouldn't be really happening on teens, but I'll check it out. Are Teens able to pick up Toddlers? I assume so, but I'm unsure

Yes they can pick up, and i not see problems with height in Teens. Only in Children and Toddlers, like you said!

MicroPixel 12th Apr 2017 10:29 PM

We don't understand how to get the mod onto the game. Our computer doesn't have a mods file anywhere, or a Sims 4 folder either. Please help! Thanks!

detectiverobomonkey18 15th Apr 2017 7:58 AM

Hey! I love your mod, but I noticed a pretty weird graphical bug. When my sim was picking up her toddler (both of whom had altered heights) her arms went freakishly out behind her back while the toddler seemed to zap out of existence. Right clicking on the toddler's picture placed him on the bottom corner of the lot, though he wasn't there. She could still carry him, but her arms were all weird and the toddler was not there at all. I have the latest update available for ts4 (the april 13 plantsim challenge update). Before this I didn't have any issues with carrying toddlers. I've deleted the mods from my folder for now because I think that's what caused the bug. Is this a fixable issue on your end?

guedespoa 15th Apr 2017 6:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by detectiverobomonkey18
Hey! I love your mod, but I noticed a pretty weird graphical bug. When my sim was picking up her toddler (both of whom had altered heights) her arms went freakishly out behind her back while the toddler seemed to zap out of existence. Right clicking on the toddler's picture placed him on the bottom corner of the lot, though he wasn't there. She could still carry him, but her arms were all weird and the toddler was not there at all. I have the latest update available for ts4 (the april 13 plantsim challenge update). Before this I didn't have any issues with carrying toddlers. I've deleted the mods from my folder for now because I think that's what caused the bug. Is this a fixable issue on your end?

In the previously page have a update with this issue fixed!

detectiverobomonkey18 15th Apr 2017 11:09 PM

In the previously page have a update with this issue fixed!

Yeah I have the most recent update of the mod and yet it's still there, so.

gunchapred 16th Apr 2017 7:18 PM

Do the commands work in CAS, or does it only work in live? (Just more comfortable in CAS.)

Menaceman44 16th Apr 2017 11:23 PM

The commands only work once the Sim has been placed "in world".

gunchapred 17th Apr 2017 12:54 AM

The commands only work once the Sim has been placed "in world".

Oh, ok, thanks. (This'll be weird to use.)

Morphar 21st Apr 2017 4:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by detectiverobomonkey18
Yeah I have the most recent update of the mod and yet it's still there, so.

But have you done like it says here?
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...874#post5184874

Morphar 21st Apr 2017 4:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MicroPixel
We don't understand how to get the mod onto the game. Our computer doesn't have a mods file anywhere, or a Sims 4 folder either. Please help! Thanks!

Installing the game is the best way.
You are probably looking in the wrong place. Try a search on "Mods".

Morphar 22nd Apr 2017 11:28 AM

I have just started testing this. The last time I tested the height did not survive aging from YA to A to Elder. Anyone tested that yet?
So far it looks good and thanks to vectorplexus for resurecting this mod.

melissaq64 23rd Apr 2017 3:30 PM

Adjusting heights.

Hi, this may seem silly. But how do i adjust a sim's height? What exactly do I type and is it the same for the other sliders such as the hands and body sliders?

Morphar 23rd Apr 2017 5:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by melissaq64
Hi, this may seem silly. But how do i adjust a sim's height? What exactly do I type and is it the same for the other sliders such as the hands and body sliders?

According to the manual:
Quote:
Enter add_slider <command> <number>, with <command> being the command listed for the slider, and <number> a number between the min and the max values of the slider. Min and Max are usually -100 (smallest) and 100 (largest), unless it is specifically stated otherwise.

Morphar 23rd Apr 2017 6:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
I have just started testing this. The last time I tested the height did not survive aging from YA to A to Elder. Anyone tested that yet?
So far it looks good and thanks to vectorplexus for resurecting this mod.

Oh Noooo!
The height setting do not survive aging from YA to A.

vectorplexus explains how to set height on a named sim:
Quote:
For example:
sims.get_sim_id_by_name Travis Scott
Which will return a number:

Then if you want to change Travis Scott height, all you need to do is:
add_slider height 50 882147943886073367 .

Question for vectorplexus:
Can you get the height of a sim in a similar way for example with a new command like find_slider height 882147943886073367?

azoresman explained earlier why aging is not working:
Quote:
The start and end point in growth on different age stage is different.
It's connected to the death track, or in other words the life bar.
When a sim ages up that track is reset and to this mod that means it sets sim's height to the starting value for that life stage witch is not the same far all ages.
That's why teen are so short and you can't make a young adult as short as a teen.
The maximum is the same far all teen and up.

I don't understand how the old mod do not change the set height at aging?
Is it an action by that mod to check the height before birthdays and then set it to same value after that?

melissaq64 23rd Apr 2017 11:12 PM

I think i found a bug in the mod, my teen sim randomly got shorter but his torso got elongated while his legs became tiny and distorted.

Morphar 24th Apr 2017 9:01 AM

I think i found a bug in the mod, my teen sim randomly got shorter but his torso got elongated while his legs became tiny and distorted.

Like this:
http://modthesims.info/download.php...250#post5152250

That is an issue in vanilla game.

Morphar 25th Apr 2017 11:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Picture of a child with bent legs.
Added a picture with siblings. She is little higher than him but he knees a bit.
Added the third and shortest sibling. When he is not dancing he also walk like this.

Morphar 27th Apr 2017 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A picture of a teen breed in game by +75 parents. The torso is very big.
I found a hidden trait called Theo_SliderMod_HeightVariance. Is it where the height value i stored?
Can I get that value in some way?

melissaq64 28th Apr 2017 2:05 PM

A picture of a teen breed in game by +75 parents. The torso is very big.
I found a hidden trait called Theo_SliderMod_HeightVariance. Is it where the height value i stored?
Can I get that value in some way?

That is the problem that i had with my teen sim! Although it seems to be showing up if you use the "a lot of sliders" flavor of the mod. I switched it to the stable version and that doesn't seem to have an issue.

Morphar 28th Apr 2017 4:28 PM

That is the problem that i had with my teen sim! Although it seems to be showing up if you use the "a lot of sliders" flavor of the mod. I switched it to the stable version and that doesn't seem to have an issue.

Aha. Yes that looks better. Thanks.

So for people to test this:
Download: (Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip from the first page. Put it in a folder and extract the file.
Download: Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2.zip from post #317. Put it in the same folder and extract the file and allow files to be overwritten.

I changed to Stable and the already existing teens in my game changed immediately.

lauri.mooney 29th Apr 2017 4:30 PM

not working :/

Morphar 30th Apr 2017 8:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lauri.mooney
not working :/

Oh, yeah!

katiegr1982 1st May 2017 3:57 AM

Yeah, I'm using the latest version of the gradual height slider, and all the children's legs are bent

Morphar 1st May 2017 8:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by katiegr1982
Yeah, I'm using the latest version of the gradual height slider, and all the children's legs are bent

This mod is under development and you have to follow the thred to see what changes are made. For the moment this is the way to install the mod:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...834#post5200834

katiegr1982 1st May 2017 11:13 AM

This mod is under development and you have to follow the thred to see what changes are made. For the moment this is the way to install the mod:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...834#post5200834

I already tried that and it didn't work

Morphar 6th May 2017 7:15 PM

My testings shows that aging and genetics is not working so this is not for me. Back to the GODJUL1 mod with its toddler problem.

hannah.bixby2222 7th May 2017 4:54 AM

Could someone please tell me what I need to download in order to run this mod? Like which files, do I need the original file plus the updated toddler file or just one or the other? And, finally, should the code be like add_slider <height> <100> or like add_slider height 100 or something different? I used to have this mod and I want it again but it's always been somewhat confusing for me... Thanks!

Morphar 8th May 2017 3:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by hannah.bixby2222
Could someone please tell me what I need to download in order to run this mod? Like which files, do I need the original file plus the updated toddler file or just one or the other? And, finally, should the code be like add_slider <height> <100> or like add_slider height 100 or something different? I used to have this mod and I want it again but it's always been somewhat confusing for me... Thanks!

Read post #352.
add_slider height 100

Morphar 11th May 2017 5:19 AM

My testings shows that aging and genetics is not working so this is not for me. Back to the GODJUL1 mod with its toddler problem.

What the...
Aging is not working on that mod either now. I went back to simmythesims orginal mod where aging, genetics and toddlers work.
How can toddlers work in that old mod that was made before toddlers was not yet invented? Animations is not that good though.

Atreidea 12th May 2017 7:26 AM

Ok i already download and install the stable mod
can someone explain to me why my Sims always randomly change their height, i already set my sims to shorter, how can i made my sims to not change their height automatically ?

Morphar 12th May 2017 7:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Atreidea
Ok i already download and install the stable mod
can someone explain to me why my Sims always randomly change their height, i already set my sims to shorter, how can i made my sims to not change their height automatically ?

If stable was stable it should not be in the Create area but in Downloads.
The only stable is the original by simmythesims here:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329

The unstable stable you have downloaded changes all changed heights to normal EA-heights when they age.

chingyu1023 18th May 2017 9:20 PM

I don't really care about the changing back to default height when sims aged thing. I just hope that the bent legs can be fixed one day by nice creators and my children can walk properly while they are little :P

SimsObsessed 22nd May 2017 2:47 AM

I've tried downloading both versions and neither work???

Zore007 23rd May 2017 3:09 AM

I'm trying to use "add_slider bulge 50" I'm presuming i type this in the ctrl+shift+c menu, Within the CAS. and so far I've not had success. Am I missing something? Thank you.

Is it possible I'm missing a script not included in the download? If so where is it?I currently have this one AddSimSlider.ts4script perhaps it's just not possible to use this in the CAS
Thank you.

Mothyreladygne 23rd May 2017 3:56 PM

Hello, is it possible for you to create an extended neck width / thickness slider?

Menaceman44 23rd May 2017 5:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Zore007
I'm trying to use "add_slider bulge 50" I'm presuming i type this in the ctrl+shift+c menu, Within the CAS. and so far I've not had success. Am I missing something? Thank you.

Is it possible I'm missing a script not included in the download? If so where is it?I currently have this one AddSimSlider.ts4script perhaps it's just not possible to use this in the CAS
Thank you.

These commands only work AFTER a Sim has been created and placed in world. They don't function in CAS. Something to do with the Sim not technically existing until you exit CAS. Also note in the original post that the bulge slider only works on a very specific few underwear items that are listed.

Morphar 24th May 2017 1:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
I don't really care about the changing back to default height when sims aged thing. I just hope that the bent legs can be fixed one day by nice creators and my children can walk properly while they are little :P

But then you can use the published Height slider mod instead of this experimental mod. I take it that you don't care about carrying toddlers either.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588159

Morphar 24th May 2017 2:08 PM

These commands only work AFTER a Sim has been created and placed in world. They don't function in CAS. Something to do with the Sim not technically existing until you exit CAS. Also note in the original post that the bulge slider only works on a very specific few underwear items that are listed.

CAS is programmed in the computer language C++ and the code is not open by EA for modding. That's why it is not possible/not easy to make changes. Simmythesims replaced the existing foot slider in CAS with his height slider. Then he tried to keep the foot slider in CAS and made an external height slider. That is were we are today.

Morphar 24th May 2017 2:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SimsObsessed

What exactly have you downloaded. There are aboul 4 different versions available on MTS.

Zore007 24th May 2017 10:56 PM

Meh, think I got it working...more of a spike than a bulge though :/

chingyu1023 25th May 2017 8:31 AM

But then you can use the published Height slider mod instead of this experimental mod. I take it that you don't care about carrying toddlers either.

Nah. I would stick with the v2 fixed version. Although I like to turn off auto aging for townies, I know I will make a family with toddlers since the Parenthood GP is coming. btw thanks

melissaq64 26th May 2017 3:41 AM

A quick heads up, I've been getting script errors from this mod since my game was updated with the patch.

Chad01 26th May 2017 3:59 AM

I guess this mod finally quit working after todays patch. All my created Sims remain the right height but its not working on newly created Sims if only the creator would pick this mod back up...

Terminathan 27th May 2017 6:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Chad01
I guess this mod finally quit working after todays patch. All my created Sims remain the right height but its not working on newly created Sims if only the creator would pick this mod back up...

I agree! unfortunately he is now retired from modding

intoxicated_andy 28th May 2017 6:19 PM

omg. This is not working anymore *screaming in terror*

SimsObsessed 29th May 2017 8:04 AM

What exactly have you downloaded. There are aboul 4 different versions available on MTS.

both versions on the beginning of this thread

kampffenhoff 29th May 2017 11:36 AM

This works if you don't mind the toddler animations being weird. The others give a last exception script error and don't work, at least the ones I've tried do.

Louvrecaire 29th May 2017 4:34 PM

Definitely tried uninstalling to fix... a patch evidently has disabled this mod? Hope someone picks it up again... Not sure I want to play anymore without this. .. Thanks Maxis for your unneeded patch. Ugh.

AmayaUchiha 30th May 2017 3:21 AM

also would love someone to work on this version , this is the most efficient realistic height slider ever made for it and for it to be in such demand it deserves upkeep T_T

pixiejuice 30th May 2017 4:35 PM

Oh no!!!!! I will be so sad if we lose this mod. I can't stand having sims all the same height. My modified sims are still their correct heights, but it doesn't work anymore for any new changes.

This was my favorite height slider mod. I really did not like the one that was attached to the feet (besides the fact that it doesn't even work on children or toddlers like this one does). Can anybody help us???

Dakota21 30th May 2017 5:40 PM

Oh non il ne fonctionne plus. C'est mon mod prefere aussi si quelqu'un peut nous aider

Impatient Cow 30th May 2017 6:23 PM

The game must have changed some references with the latest update.

According to the lastException file that gets generated on each load the mod can't import from "SimInfoBaseWrapper".

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<root>
    <report>
        <version>2</version>
        <sessionid>fb9505ef071c8667592da718</sessionid>
        <type>desync</type>
        <sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
        <createtime>2017-05-30 19:08:59</createtime>
        <buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.30.103.1010-1.300.000.96.Release</buildsignature>
        <categoryid>AddSimSlider.py:15</categoryid>
        <desyncid>fb9505ef071c8667592da718</desyncid>
        <systemconfig/>
        <screenshot/>
        <desyncdata>  Failure: 'AddSimSlider' (AddSimSlider) (ImportError: cannot import name SimInfoBaseWrapper)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 118, in import_modules_by_path
  File ".\mc_utils.py", line 110, in _wrapper_function
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\utils.py", line 115, in import_modules_by_path
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 108, in _import
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\importer\custom_import.py", line 75, in load_module
  File "C:\Users\Cow\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Script\AddSimSlider.ts4script\AddSimSlider.py", line 15, in &lt;module&gt;
ImportError: cannot import name SimInfoBaseWrapper
</desyncdata>
    </report>
</root>

guedespoa 30th May 2017 8:32 PM

vectorplexus pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase make a new update of this mod!! This mod is awesome and better for height!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE BACK TO US!!!

Ok I think I will give up on trying to fix this one issue... I havent tested it exaustively, and I believe it's probably the only animation that will look weird. When doing Push-Ups, if the Height > 0, then the hands will float a bit on the air. If the Height < 0, then the hands will start getting buried on the ground. I think there will be very few animations with this particular problem though, because the game as a sort of IK Solver, that allows to animate by using target bones instead of just raw animation. However, in this particular animation, is probably not using the hands bones to target anything (because there is nothing to target) and is obviously not snapping to the origin node vertical coordinate, as the feet does. The only way to fix this would be to rotate the entire body, but when I do that, the sim obviously stands and walks in a very awkward position, so I'll just leave it this way, I dont think I can get it any better =(

Also... There seems to be a lot of confusion here, so let me clarify how to get this to work... Go on the first post of this thread, posted by @SimmyTheSim
  • If you download the "(Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip" version, you will want to patch it with the "Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2.zip"
  • If you download the "A lot of sliders for The Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip", you will want to patch it with both "Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2.zip" and "Dynamic Height Slider Toddler Fix v2.zip"

I hope this gets clear... I'm using the original scripts SimmyTheSim provided on the "(Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip" version, and they're working for me, I never used any other versions, nor do I use the Gradual Heights.

PS-I have no idea if the Gradual Height thingy will get borked (specially the hands position, I havent tested). In case it does look weird, send me a screenshot so I can see whats happening

Chad01 31st May 2017 4:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Louvrecaire
Definitely tried uninstalling to fix... a patch evidently has disabled this mod? Hope someone picks it up again... Not sure I want to play anymore without this. .. Thanks Maxis for your unneeded patch. Ugh.
So true... that last patch was horrible I could of done without and its small bug fixes, this mod is so much more important for my game.

Morphar 31st May 2017 6:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SimsObsessed

Read post #348 for the most current patch.

Download: (Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip from the first page. Put it in a folder and extract the file.
Download: Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2.zip from post #317. Put it in the same folder and extract the file and allow files to be overwritten.

guedespoa 31st May 2017 6:46 PM

Read post #348 for the most current patch.

This mod is not working in patch 1.30, read #380 post. Need a update to change script again(ts4.script)!

AshShulk4 1st Jun 2017 1:53 AM

I've been lurking this site for awhile but I finally joined, so...um, hi!!!

vectorplexus pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase make a new update of this mod!! This mod is awesome and better for height!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEE BACK TO US!!!

Have you guys tried tweeting him? His @ is the same on Twitter (@vectorplexus) and he was active just yesterday in case you didn't know. I don't know him so I probably wouldn't do any good trying to convince him, but you guys do so please try!

Manderz0630 1st Jun 2017 4:24 AM

I think it's the ts4.Script (Python) that needs to be updated? I came across this here .

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=533907

Here the BoneDelta use to make sliders like height , etc...

AshShulk4 1st Jun 2017 5:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
I think it's the ts4.Script (Python) that needs to be updated? I came across this here .

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=533907

Here the BoneDelta use to make sliders like height , etc...

Interesting. I am not good with this kind of stuff at all, so hopefully someone here can try that and give us some feedback.

Dakota21 1st Jun 2017 6:15 PM

Pour moi ca fonctionne a nouveau.
J'ai desinstaller le mod pour les bambins et laisser juste "A lot of sliders for The Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip"
Donc j'ai des sims de tailles differentes mais avec le bugs des bambins quand je les portes.

For me it works again.
I uninstall the mod for toddlers and just leave "A lot of sliders for The Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip"
So I have sims of different sizes but with the toddler bugs when I wear them.

sorry for my English

guedespoa 1st Jun 2017 7:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Dakota21
Pour moi ca fonctionne a nouveau.
J'ai desinstaller le mod pour les bambins et laisser juste "A lot of sliders for The Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip"
Donc j'ai des sims de tailles differentes mais avec le bugs des bambins quand je les portes.

For me it works again.
I uninstall the mod for toddlers and just leave "A lot of sliders for The Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip"
So I have sims of different sizes but with the toddler bugs when I wear them.

sorry for my English

But you use the command "add_slider" to change the height of your sim? Or just your sims get the height randomly?? Because i believe the "command" not working, Anyway I'll test here. Maybe you using "Dynamic" archive(Height Slider Growth.package), and I prefer to change the height by myself, i not like the dynamic height.

And what mod for toddlers you uninstall?

guedespoa 1st Jun 2017 8:06 PM

Well i test here and not working for me with command. I Hope someone make a update soon, this mod is indispensable for me

Dakota21 1st Jun 2017 9:08 PM

J'ai desinstaller les mods "Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2.zip" et "Dynamic Height Slider Toddler Fix v2.zip" et installer seulement "A lot of sliders for The Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip" les sims avaient des tailles differentes. par contre la commande ne fonctionne pas, ils se changent au hasard.

I have uninstall the mods "Height Sliders Toddler Fix v2.zip" and "Dynamic Height Slider Toddler Fix v2.zip" and install only "A lot of slides for the Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip" the sims had different sizes . On the contrary the control does not work, they change at random.

Ash77 1st Jun 2017 10:21 PM

Slider Scripts Fix

1 Attachment(s)
Test Version
Replace original script file with this one.

AshShulk4 1st Jun 2017 11:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ash77
Test Version

I tried putting this in my Mods folder and it didn't affect anything when I restarted the game. Are there any special instructions involved in installing this?

Chad01 2nd Jun 2017 12:59 AM

Test Version
It worked perfectly, thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by GuilhermeSchilling
[/I]
I tried to follow the instructions.How do I change the Scripts to Solve this?

I am not fluent in English
You have to remove the old script from your folder "AddSimSlider.ts4script" and replace it with the new script you downloaded.

jmem0 2nd Jun 2017 2:04 AM

Test Version

Works great for ages Teen and up! Child sims seem to have some issues though. The shorter I make a child, the more their knees bend. http://puu.sh/w8aR3/f1d0a234ba.jpg This is a screenshot of a child with -100 height. Also, the taller I make a child, the more they 'float' off the floor. http://puu.sh/w8b5y/d77ac900ca.jpg Screenshot of child with 100 height floating, next to an adult with 50 height.

I don't remember these issues from the old mod, so I thought I'd bring them up.

guedespoa 2nd Jun 2017 2:05 AM

Test Version

OMG OMG OMG!! I LOVE YOU ASH77!
It worked perfectly!!!!!!
THANK YOU VERY MUCHHHHHHHH FOR SAVE THIS MOD!! <3

guedespoa 2nd Jun 2017 2:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by jmem0
Works great for ages Teen and up! Child sims seem to have some issues though. The shorter I make a child, the more their knees bend. http://puu.sh/w8aR3/f1d0a234ba.jpg This is a screenshot of a child with -100 height. Also, the taller I make a child, the more they 'float' off the floor. http://puu.sh/w8b5y/d77ac900ca.jpg Screenshot of child with 100 height floating, next to an adult with 50 height.

I don't remember these issues from the old mod, so I thought I'd bring them up.

Yeah this is about something vectorplexus(the modder change to resolve issue toddlers in your update) was searching to try to resolve this issue about knees childs, but unfortanely he dissapear. I hope someone can fix that!

guedespoa 2nd Jun 2017 2:16 AM

For now what i do: Im using Height Slider Short and Height Slider Tall for version "A lot of slides for the Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip", even with toddlers issue, but without "Dynamic Height Slider ", cuz i dont like dynamic heights, i like to change height my myself with "add_slider" command.

With v.006.1 version this knees bend issue is not a problem because i use other mod in the same time, in this link over here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329 , the last version(1,97), cuz with this other mod u can change the height of teens/adults and SURPRISE, u not get the issue about toddlers! So this is my recommendation if you want more realistic game without any issues: Use "Height Slider and Shorter Teens Mod v1.97" to change height for elders/adults/teens and "A lot of slides for the Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip(only tall and shorter archives, without dynamic)" with this new ash77 script for change height for childs/toddlers! Follow my hint and you appreciate a nice gameplay!!

By the way, you change height with "Height Slider and Shorter Teens Mod v1.97" just changing the value feet! You can do that in CAS or edit CAS in Mc Commander! Is very easy, believe me guys! And you can use both mods in the same time, for example, to make sims extremely short or extremely tallers!

GuilhermeSchilling 2nd Jun 2017 5:10 AM

You have to remove the old script from your folder "AddSimSlider.ts4script" and replace it with the new script you downloaded.

I already downloaded the modified script by Ash77. I just had not installed because AshShulk4 saids it was not working for him, but it worked perfectly for me. Thank you so much, but I don't need help anymore,I also deleted the comment I wrote.

I'm sorry if you don't understand,but I'm not fluent in English

AshShulk4 2nd Jun 2017 8:12 AM

It worked perfectly, thank you!

I replaced it with the new script and nothing happened. I downloaded the new script, put it into the original file and restarted the game yet when I typed into the UI box, still nothing. Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong or walk me through the steps because I really need this to work.

pixiejuice 2nd Jun 2017 1:18 PM

Test Version

Thank you! It's working perfectly, just like before. You're a lifesaver!

Morphar 2nd Jun 2017 7:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For now what i do: Im using Height Slider Short and Height Slider Tall for version "A lot of slides for the Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip", even with toddlers issue, but without "Dynamic Height Slider ", cuz i dont like dynamic heights, i like to change height my myself with "add_slider" command.

With v.006.1 version this knees bend issue is not a problem because i use other mod in the same time, in this link over here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329 , the last version(1,97), cuz with this other mod u can change the height of teens/adults and SURPRISE, u not get the issue about toddlers! So this is my recommendation if you want more realistic game without any issues: Use "Height Slider and Shorter Teens Mod v1.97" to change height for elders/adults/teens and "A lot of slides for the Sims 4 v0.06.1.zip(only tall and shorter archives, without dynamic)" with this new ash77 script for change height for childs/toddlers! Follow my hint and you appreciate a nice gameplay!!

By the way, you change height with "Height Slider and Shorter Teens Mod v1.97" just changing the value feet! You can do that in CAS or edit CAS in Mc Commander! Is very easy, believe me guys! And you can use both mods in the same time, for example, to make sims extremely short or extremely tallers!

I use only "Height Slider and Shorter Teens Mod v1.97" just now. Handling toddlers is no problem with that mod. Animations is not so good though as sims walk with bent knees. They don't change height when aging and their children are genetically correct.

So what you are saying is that if I download this:
MTS_simmythesim_1604461_AlotofslidersforTheSims4v0.06.1.zip
...unzip it and remove every file except for:
Height Slider Short.package
Height Slider Tall.package

And finally add:
Slider Scripts.ts4script
from Slider Scripts.ts4script in post #392

Then you claim that we have a working height slider where sims can carry toddlers and walk with grace.
They don't change height when they age up and they get genetically correct children?