Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 3:47 AM
Everything was going alright until I had to register the object GUID, doesn't seem to work for new users.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frida4
Everything was going alright until I had to register the object GUID, doesn't seem to work for new users.

Have you registered new user?
What went wrong exactly?
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiLight
Have you registered new user?
What went wrong exactly?

In SimPE I clicked on register new user and it gave me an error then I went on the website and tried to create an account on the GUID section and it said something like not taking any new users at the moment.

I'm cursed! XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 4:35 AM
@Frida4, I think you should try a bit later. Maybe there're some problems with the server
Mad Poster
#30 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:47 AM
I'm a little confused. Have you re-written it now or not? I know you made the separate object for us to add our own memories, and still be able to use yours, and that you were going to update it after that, but I can't tell if you did or not.

I thought I'd give it a try, but I'm confused at step zero.

Quote: Originally posted by DiLight
0) First of all, create a folder somewhere and name it "Tutorial". Put there your icon (if you have it), memory template.package, and a folder containing Tattered Diary and memories.

The tattered diary you mention, are we talking about the one you uploaded, or the one in this tutorial? I would have thought it'd be the latter, but since you say "memories", it sounds like it isn't, since it does not come with memories.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'm a little confused. Have you re-written it now or not?

@gummilutt, I'm so sorry for the delay!
Yep, now it's updated to work with the new Memory Manager, so there should be no more confusion
Please try to follow this tutorial and ask your questions if something isn't clear for you.
I've tried my best to explain everything, but still there could be some problems I guess.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:03 PM
Okay, that's good to know. But like I said, I'm stuck already on the part I quoted Does it refer to the new object, or the old objects, and if it does refer to the old objects, what do you mean with memories?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 2:53 PM
Okay, that's good to know. But like I said, I'm stuck already on the part I quoted Does it refer to the new object, or the old objects, and if it does refer to the old objects, what do you mean with memories?

@gummilutt, I have updated since you quoted. See post #1
Instructor
#34 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 12:37 AM
Just tried out the Picked! Memory Manager tutorial. It was smooth riding, besides me forgetting to match the Action BHAV to step 17. Once I did that, though, my memory showed up just fine. So thank you for all your hard work on this. The tutorial was very easy to follow, even for someone who isn't familiar with modding at all.

Here's a pic to share, as thanks for your hard work.

(No, I don't have any good ideas for memories, lol. But if I get inspired later, at least I'll know how to add them!)
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#35 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 5:11 PM
I've tried this tutorial now, and I found it very easy to follow. Managed to make my first memory successfully

Though, step 22 where you say that Action BHAV should reflect changes. Is it supposed to do that naturally? From how you wrote it, it sounds like it should, but I had to click the little arrow and select it, for it to show up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 12:11 PM Last edited by DiLight : 22nd May 2015 at 3:56 AM.
I've tried this tutorial now, and I found it very easy to follow. Managed to make my first memory successfully
Though, step 22 where you say that Action BHAV should reflect changes. Is it supposed to do that naturally? From how you wrote it, it sounds like it should, but I had to click the little arrow and select it, for it to show up.

Congrats!
I'm sure that when I was creating the template I've linked everything so you don't have to do that the first time.
I guess I've made a mistake somewhere..

UPD: Yep, my bad, sorry.
Test Subject
#37 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:01 AM
How do you change the icon of the memory?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HeartbrokenYuna
How do you change the icon of the memory?

@HeartbrokenYuna, what exactly do you mean?
If you need to change the background color of the icon (green/red) read step 4 of this tutorial.
If you want to use some picture as the icon of your future custom memory read from the step 9
Field Researcher
#39 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 6:59 PM
Hey! I've tried this and it worked! I don't have Uni, so my sims don't get the had very first woohoo memory, so I decided to make it from here. The problem is that the memory works fine, but I don't know how to make related sims' name show up in the title. Would it work if I changed the title to Had Very First Woohoo with $Subject and and then edit the memory in SimPE and add a subject (the sim that he lost virginity to)?

Would that work or does this work only for personal memories that don't need a secondary sim?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spikesminx
Hey! I've tried this and it worked! I don't have Uni, so my sims don't get the had very first woohoo memory, so I decided to make it from here. The problem is that the memory works fine, but I don't know how to make related sims' name show up in the title. Would it work if I changed the title to Had Very First Woohoo with $Subject and and then edit the memory in SimPE and add a subject (the sim that he lost virginity to)?
Would that work or does this work only for personal memories that don't need a secondary sim?

Hi @spikesminx! Nice to know it worked
Yeah, you can use $Subject and assign that secondary Sim in SimPE.
It's the only way now
Let me know about the results!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 2:51 AM
@Agausia95, @DJ., @gummilutt, @litlegothcat13, @SleepyTabby, @spikesminx
Guys (and girls ), check out the new Tattered Diary with "choose the Subject" function.

I'll write a tutorial how to make your memories with Subjects if you need.
It'll be a little harder than the original tutorial
Instructor
#42 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 4:37 PM
Oh yes, please do! That would make the memories I wanted to make be more personal.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 7:01 PM
My brain is a little fried, so I apologize if this is a stupid question. Did you update to include how to add memories that can have a subject? I tried to look over the tutorial, but nothing I see seems to be about subjects, but I'm too tired to be entirely sure it's not just me failing to understand.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 7:17 PM
My brain is a little fried, so I apologize if this is a stupid question. Did you update to include how to add memories that can have a subject? I tried to look over the tutorial, but nothing I see seems to be about subjects, but I'm too tired to be entirely sure it's not just me failing to understand.

Not yet, @gummilutt. I'll let you all know when it's finished
Mad Poster
#45 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 3:44 AM
I was reminded by this, as I had some new memories to make. Stupid question, but, I don't suppose it's possible to make a new memory template that is pre-made to bring up a select-sim menu?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:17 AM
I was reminded by this, as I had some new memories to make. Stupid question, but, I don't suppose it's possible to make a new memory template that is pre-made to bring up a select-sim menu?

It is possible, @gummilutt. Download this attached CustomMemoryKitAddon.zip and extract it somewhere on your PC.

First, create a memory with Subject. Give it a unique GUID, an icon and all the steps it takes to create a regular memory. In Catalog Description change the title and/or description so that '$Subject' represents Sim's name. For example, Went to School with (Sim) -> Went to School with $Subject. If you want, you can add Sim's name to the description (same way) 'I love going to school with (Sim)!' -> 'I love going to school with $Subject!'. Write down the GUID, save and close.

Second, open your memory manager. Right-click on somewhere in Resource List and click "Add". Now browse to the CustomMemoryKitAddon folder and add all the 3 files.

Third, go to Behaviour Function, you'll see 2 new strings in italics. Sort all strings by Instance. Change the Instances of the new strings one by one (+1 to the highest Instance in the list). In "Add Memory - Template with Subject" find Create New Object Instance and put there our GUID (just like we did before, divide in pairs and reverse, steps 17-20).

Fourth, create new Pie Menu Strings and assign Pie Menu Functions (steps 29-30). In Action BHAV put the instance of "Add Memory - Template with Subject", and in the Guardian BHAV put the "Sub" one.

Fifth, go to Text Lists in Resource Tree and click on dialog (it must be in italics. You see two strings - Template with.../$Object and Template #2 with.../$Object. Here you need to take your Pie String (for example, Went to School with or whatever you used one step before ^) and add to it '.../$Object'. You can replace "Template with" so you don't waste any strings. Remember, you will have to add this string for every Subject-memory you make. It will create a list of Sims available on the lot with names instead of this $Object (don't confuse with $Subject in Catalog Description!). You'll have something like 'Went to School with.../$Object'.

Sixth, return to Behaviour Function. Now click the "Sub - Add Memory - Template with Subject" string and move to 0x3 Add/Change the Action String. Click the tiny Pop-up wizard icon (with little tools, like in step 2). There you'll see a little 'arrows' button, click it. The list of strings you have in Text Lists dialog will open. Choose the right string for this memory and click okay. You can now rename the new BHAVs if you want (changing Filename, step 17). Don't forget that Sub - Add Memory BHAV manages the Subject, while regular Add Memory, well, adds memory.

And that's pretty much it. I'll check it now in case I've forgotten something. Let me know if you don't understand something or if you need screenshots.
I can't write a good tutorial now but I'll try to provide you with any information you need.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  CustomMemoryKitAddon.zip (1.7 KB, 103 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#47 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:11 AM
Thank you! Very kind of you to take the time to do this, I know you've been very busy. Not sure when I'll have time to try, but I'll let you know if I encounter any problems, and if I succeed

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:10 PM
Thank you! Very kind of you to take the time to do this, I know you've been very busy. Not sure when I'll have time to try, but I'll let you know if I encounter any problems, and if I succeed

You're welcome, I know sometimes it's hard to wait (especially for that long)
I've checked this and it works, so I think you'll succeed, but even if you not, just let me know and we'll figure out the problem.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 3:46 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 18th Jun 2015 at 5:10 PM.
EDIT2: I deleted what I previously wrote because I went over the tutorial again, and made sure to do everything right. And this time it does work, so I probably did some step wrong

I am still a little fussy on how to do with pie menu strings, and how to do if I want to add more than one memory with a subject.
1. Pie menu strings. Should the string end in ..., since a new menu is supposed to open when picking the memory?
Example. I want "Had a fight with" to appear under sub-menu "Relationships". Do I wrote that as Relationships/Had a fight with..., or without the ...?
2. Text List. Do I need to add another dialog for each memory, or do I make new lines for each inside the one I added?
3. Dialog. There are two lines, and from how you've written it, it sounds like both lines should be changed. Is that the case?

By looking at the tattered diary, I would say I am only supposed to have one dialog object, and only edit one line for each memory. Is that correct?

Field Researcher
#50 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 11:41 PM
can i download then?
Quote: Originally posted by Agausia95
Okej, I will test it tommorow.

Today I made this memories (in polish language):

->Get fat, Get fit, Make tattoo, repair (?), New Year (it's a 'green' memory, but the png file have too big size), twins
->Im great-grandmother/grandfather, bastard in family, Son, Daughter, Pregant (it's DiLight memory, I change icon), My first plant
->'Im pregant' for males, university majors with ideal career description.

->It's Winter/Autumn/Summer/Spring, Woo-Hoo in elevator/sauna/tent with refusal
->'I dye my hair to blond', Romantic meeting, Hot Romance, Boredom Romance (?), abandonment school ('I don't need a school').

What do You think about it?

i kinda... want a copy of some of those memories... XD i don't need them, though... i just like them so much! XD
Page 2 of 4