The Sims 2 Bon Voyage Patch
Instructions: Save the file to disk and then run it to install the patch. Please make sure you have your game CD's available during patch installation.
Download The Sims 2 Bon Voyage Patch (Note: This patch is compatible for all languages)
Complete list of changes:
Note: Not all fixes will take effect on existing The Sims 2 Bon Voyage saved games. If you have an existing lot, Sim, object or neighborhood that does not seem to be improved by this patch, we recommend that you replace the affected object, or create either a new family, lot or neighborhood, depending on what is affected by the bug.
- Sims will no longer have the option to call vacation service NPCs after acquiring the business perk "Head for Numbers" which was causing a crash.
- Sims will no longer have the option to "Call Taxi" using their cell phones if they have driven to the community lot with an own-able vehicle which was causing a crash.
- If the Sim misses the shuttle, it will no longer return to a vacation lot without the Sim at the end of the vacation. Sometimes, this caused the vacation lot to become unusable.
- Game will no longer create new vacation NPCs each time a lot is visited which was causing many issues due to character file overload. Any existing extra NPCs will be unlinked and their character files greatly reduced in size.
- Periodic Events Controller will no longer loop twice per hour through each neighbor which was causing extreme lag on certain machines.
- Autonomous water-balloon and snowball fights have been tuned so the interaction will occur less frequently.
- Housekeeper no longer repeatedly spawns.
- Children will no longer go on a vacation alone if their parent dies before van arrives.
- Riverblossomhills townies will no longer be invisible when The Sims 2 Seasons is uninstalled.
- Sims no longer pop out of hammock when WooHoo is rejected.
- Sims no longer get stuck during logrolling when trying to exit while another is entering.
- Children can now drink served juice.
- Undo and Redo can now be used on ClubCubes.
- Vacation guests no longer leave when a party at a vacation home ends.
- Locals now change back into native outfits after exiting water.
- Housekeeper now fills holes and fixes broken objects.
- Housekeeper now repairs servo.
- Sims no longer fall in love while chatting in a tent.
- Sim can now repair stereos.
- Pets no longer show platinum mood in thumbnail background.
- Bigfoot can no longer change appearance on the vanity table.
- Hotels no longer become Community lots after being visited by a Young Adult.
- Make Furry Friend vacation memento is now achieved by making friends with Big Foot.
- Souvenirs only restock when Sim has them in inventory.
- Sledgehammer Tool can no longer be used on Hotels by pressing "J".
- Sim no longer wants to learn a massage if they have already been learned.
- Polish Only: Fixed issue with hotel room pricing.
- You can now queue up multiple Dig For Treasure interactions.
- When clicking "Ready to Play" the Launcher now launches first.
- Sims can now be added to a group when "Walk To…" interaction is canceled and re-queued.
- Sims no longer become stuck in vehicle when transitioning from a Secret Lot to a Vacation Home.
- Customers reject a massage if the purchase price is set too high.
- Bigfoot can no longer be asked to go on Group Outing.
- Fire Dancer Mat and Food Stands cannot be placed in a Sim's inventory.
- Seating can now be removed from the Food Stands.
- Fire dancer mat cannot be set for sale.
- Having the Business Perks interface open when the vacation loading screen begins will no longer cause the game to freeze.
- Young Adults who are staying at a vacation home no longer have the option to Get Married or Move In another Sim.
- Sims can no longer assign others to be a masseuse.