Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#20276 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LouiseBelcher
Mortimer tried to use the toilet multiple times but he refuses to follow the action in the cue. And *finally* does try to use it and sits down for .5 seconds and then gets up again because he needs to go but doesn't WANT to go. Mortimer doesn't play by your rules.

We found out today what smarter sims mean. Smarter meaning they ignore what you want and do whatever the hell they feel like doing regardless of cue and needs.

So back to TS1. I remember my Sims making plate after plate of food even though their hunger bar was totally full and their energy/sleep bars and fun bars were in the red ..

In other news I found something kind of amusing on Amazon, okay apparently you have two choices for TS4, Limited Edition for 59.99 USD or Premium Edition for 79.99 .. apparently if you pre-order the Limited Edition you get an upgrade to the Limited Edition for free..

I am thinking that one of two things is going on,
A) there is a cheaper standard edition that EA hasn't listed yet that consumers are not aware of so they can force people to purchase the Limited and Premium Editions,
B) its a typo, Amazon and EA are desperate and are trying to coerce people into pre-ordering the game by giving them the shiny booklet and plumbob whatever you get
this time, and the 4, outfits, silly party hats, and bar you will never use in game for free.

Personally, the second option is more believable
Advertisement
Instructor
#20277 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:05 PM
I just don't undestand why he refused to pee. He sat on the toilet and the got up, several times. Was the uncomfortable emotion(or whatever his emotion was) preventing him from sitting? I don't get it
Scholar
#20278 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:05 PM
You know you're at a crappy party when you end up in a corner browsing the Sims4 chat

I can't wait till I get home so I can watch the live stream

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Top Secret Researcher
#20279 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
I just don't undestand why he refused to pee. He sat on the toilet and the got up, several times. Was the uncomfortable emotion(or whatever his emotion was) preventing him from sitting? I don't get it

Maybe the toilet was dirty? But even so, if the toilet were disgusting and I had to pee, I'd wipe that bad boy down. Edit: Or do the Bum Hover.

Weirder Sims. They pee on lawns.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20280 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:08 PM

In TS2 toilet cubibles (not normal toilets), sometimes if they were about to go into bladder failure, it would trigger the "stress cancellation" limit all interactions have and they would leave the toilet cubicle in order to pee on the floor directly outside! A sort of design failure. Sounds like it might have been repeated here.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#20281 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:09 PM
@gwynne Oh it got much worse. You probably weren't there for the most awkward situation there has been thus far. We thought no 'yell at' was extreme but actually gurus aren't allowed to watch sims woohoo because that would be indecent of them. They literally shielded their eyes. I wish I was kidding.

@siletka Yes, its now more sensible to actually watch rather than play since they won't listen to you anyway. I have no idea what setting freewill was on but if that was 'no' freewill, I can't even imagine what it would be like on.
Forum Resident
#20282 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
That's even worse. I thought someone mentioned a fountain toilet, like it was broken.

/sigh

One was broken and one wasn't. It was so weird.
Instructor
#20283 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:19 PM
Maybe the toilet was dirty? But even so, if the toilet were disgusting and I had to pee, I'd wipe that bad boy down. Edit: Or do the Bum Hover.

Weirder Sims. They pee on lawns.

I'm very picky about my toilets, it took me a while to "become friends" with the toilet in my bf's house, and his toilet is always pristine clean, and i avoid the public toilets like the plague, but if you have to go, you have to go, it's better to do your stuff on a dirty toilet than having an embarrassing moment

I know that in sims 3 neat sims won't go on a dirty toilet, but what if their bladder is totally full? I don't remember if they go anyways or just pee themselves
Test Subject
#20284 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:20 PM
I still don't like how they were randomly arranging themselves to do something that they were already doing before, like Torso and the blonde chick flirting at the table... That would annoy me, especially since it kept happening with others.

For some reason, he also kept avoiding the fact Mortimer was trying to pee but it kept stopping, which led to him peeing himself. And this was the upstairs toilet, not the broken one.
Field Researcher
#20285 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:24 PM
The producers are probably quite familiar with which parts of the game are glitchy or problematic, and the stuff they're showing us is taking that into account.
Test Subject
#20286 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:28 PM
Yeah you're right! I just want to see Bella's pregnancy. Hopefully they added some little things to that since they took out toddlers, I mean it's not such a big deal but I am going to miss how adorable they were when you taught them skills.

Created double post earlier but I'll just edit:
Also, the failed flirts... did they up the game in the Sims compared to how easy it used to be to flirt lol not sure if I like this or not though
Alchemist
#20287 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:30 PM

I don't get it either, but that same thing happened in the video with the twin guys with hats, if I remember correctly.
Mad Poster
#20288 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:33 PM
So, wait. What was the big thing about today's video?

Somone (almost) peeing himself because there's no one to fix the toilet?

Why didn't they just call the repair man- Ohh.

Edit: What kind of chaotic high-class suburbia is this? People can man space crafts but there's no one in town to call for a broken toilet or a fire?

He didn't almost pee himself - he did pee himself. Mortimer went to eat on the sofa and the 2 gurus were focused on Bella and Cassandra in the dining room. Then when they went back to M, he had the stinky sock thought bubble I think and was sitting in his own piss. I would make a joke about smarter sims if it didn't seem like beating a dead horse. Then they sent him to take a bubble bath.
Field Researcher
#20289 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000
The producers are probably quite familiar with which parts of the game are glitchy or problematic, and the stuff they're showing us is taking that into account.

Well, how could they avoid the glitches when the whole thing's a glitchfest? I don't think they're trying to accept the glitches and show us what the game is all about, I think there are just so many glitches that by simply playing the game they'll be noticeable. I think at this point the game is so glitchy that they can't avoid catching at least five glitches per unscripted game play session.
Top Secret Researcher
#20290 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
He didn't almost pee himself - he did pee himself. Mortimer went to eat on the sofa and the 2 gurus were focused on Bella and Cassandra in the dining room. Then when they went back to M, he had the stinky sock thought bubble I think and was sitting in his own piss. I would make a joke about smarter sims if it didn't seem like beating a dead horse. Then they sent him to take a bubble bath.

Good grief.

Welp, that's what you get for disobeying your overlord. You sit in your pee.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
#20291 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:37 PM

Seriously, smarter sims would have just meant he would have made a toilet paper nest for himself before using the toilet, like any sensible person would do.
Field Researcher
#20292 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistressofcats
Well, how could they avoid the glitches when the whole thing's a glitchfest? I don't think they're trying to accept the glitches and show us what the game is all about, I think there are just so many glitches that by simply playing the game they'll be noticeable. I think at this point the game is so glitchy that they can't avoid catching at least five glitches per unscripted game play session.

I mean, they're trying to avoid showing us the WORST glitches. This is why they keep showing us the same stuff over and over; they know that stuff isn't totally broken.
#20293 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Seriously, smarter sims would have just meant he would have made a toilet paper nest for himself before using the toilet, like any sensible person would do.

Or seeing as he was only meant to be peeing he could have remained standing. But no, they're not smarter. I've noticed the weirder stories is now mentioned by gurus far more often than smarter sims. It's like the truth is dawning on them.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#20294 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000

I think that would be creative, especially if the sim is neat, or snobby. Nah, we must listen to the self pat on the back for the "I've gotta pee" twisty walk that has become annoying already and I haven't played the game.

Proclamation
First modder to cut that walk out will get a special gift from me. I will PM you and yes...I do follow through.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#20295 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000
I mean, they're trying to avoid showing us the WORST glitches. This is why they keep showing us the same stuff over and over; they know that stuff isn't totally broken.

If that's the case, I'm scared for September 2nd. What could be worse than, well, Sims sitting in eachother? Perhaps something so terribly game-breaking as to corrupt entire saves. I've already heard about crashing at Gamescom.
Alchemist
#20296 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:53 PM
If that's the case, I'm scared for September 2nd. What could be worse than, well, Sims sitting in eachother? Perhaps something so terribly game-breaking as to corrupt entire saves. I've already heard about crashing at Gamescom.

Heh, heh. I'm just evil. I can't wait to watch the first Let's Plays and reviews. Now that is going to be good.
#20297 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:53 PM
If that's the case, I'm scared for September 2nd. What could be worse than, well, Sims sitting in eachother?

That's a point - why didn't Mortimer just sit on some other sim and pee on him? Would have been warm, clean and comfy.

Mad Poster
#20298 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
That's a point - why didn't Mortimer just sit on some other sim and pee on him? Would have been warm, clean and comfy.

And weirder...a bit more entertaining.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#20299 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Or seeing as he was only meant to be peeing he could have remained standing. But no, they're not smarter. I've noticed the weirder stories is now mentioned by gurus far more often than smarter sims. It's like the truth is dawning on them.

Of course their "Weirder stories" are things that some of the us consider pretty normal like stepfamilies, gay people, nerdy, fat middle aged female gets a life (Amber) bros hanging out with their friends playing Sims (okay so maybe that is a little weird because most males I know of any gender preference who subscribe to the whole "bro" culture thing tend to hang out and play Tekken or Street Fighter, Borderlands, NCAA College Basketball, or WWE Wrestling games together.. not Sims), or you know the boring middle aged male nerd who stays at home all the time playing videogames (Pancake Bob).. not weirder stories folks that's everyday life for about 80% of the population..
Forum Resident
#20300 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
After they went into build mode to grab the playroom and placed it next to the house, I saw this.

That's a wall inside of an arch. Why is there a wall inside of an arch? It actually looks like the space next to it is where a door is. This game is so glitchy.

horrible....
Also can someone explain me what the hell is this orange circle on the action menus is?
I wondered from TS3 era...

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Locked thread
Page 812 of 920