Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:15 PM
Hi Guys! I am very sorry, I was busy myself and didn't check on the forums I am extending round 1 and apps till tuesday! Hopefully I will get 2 more contestants and round ones :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:19 PM
Thanks for the extension KyleTA

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Site Helper
#53 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:22 AM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 23rd Jun 2009 at 3:38 AM.
As I said before, I don't really have time for this, but I love the concept of the contest. So I've gender switched Goopy. Now you only need one more application. Pictures will follow when (and if) I have a chance to get them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Struck out again! They are always willing to tell me they don't like me, but nobody will say why. I don't understand it. I may be a slob, and kind of lazy, but I'm very friendly and have a great sense of humor. Isn't that supposed to be enough?

Maybe painting the night sky over the park will cheer me up.

What's that noise? AARGH! I'm being kidnapped! I haven't got any money for a ransom; why would they take me?

Thank Heaven it was only a dream!

Hey, there's a woman in here! Cool! Oh, wait! That's the mirror!

Well, I suppose this is one way to get to see what a woman is like...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I just need to build his house. And a park. And get them to sit still for pictures. And figure out where the house and the park are going to be, anyway.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:00 AM
I will ask BP if it is okey to let this contest going with 9 people. it is almost 10, plus since sims 3 came out it is hard to recruit D:

Ghost sdoj:
summon him with insim in a random house and pretend backyard is a park. :D
Field Researcher
#55 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:41 AM
I will have my app in in an hour.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:42 AM
It started out as a pretty normal day.I put on my track suit and jogged through the neighborhood.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/...Snapshot-40.jpg

I hooked up with one of the girls who has fallen over me

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/...Snapshot-41.jpg

But,I broke it off with her.One Caliente was already too much to handle.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/...Snapshot-42.jpg

I decided that a walk in the park would clear my mind of all this stress.After all,a man can only take so much.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/...Snapshot-43.jpg

Suddenly,I felt breathing on my neck,and then something hit me on my head.I woke up in my room,but feeling oddly different.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/...Snapshot-44.jpg

Wait...How...When...Why...?

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/...Snapshot-45.jpg

I'm a woman...A hot woman!!!

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/...Snapshot-46.jpg

While I figure out how this happened,I think i'll enjoy being a girl.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/...Snapshot-47.jpg
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:54 PM
I just got reply from bP she said she would pass this on with 9 people but winner won't get a star. I guess winner will still get a star since We just got a tenth contestant :D

Guys you also have till tomorrow 8pm for your round ones.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:23 PM
I'll be a judge

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane. - Anymonuse
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 7:35 PM
Cabrini:Welcome! :D
Scholar
#60 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:27 PM
Good for you Kyle!!! At last, a contest with ten contestants!

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
#61 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:32 PM
I'll be an EJ!

I can also make a Sim as a prize if you'd like (?)

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 9:19 PM
Sure wgroome :D
Field Researcher
#63 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:00 PM
Default Dustin Broke - Round One
To be honest it took me ages to get a grip on myself. I must have sat shaking on the bathroom floor for at least an hour before I pulled myself together enough to start thinking straight again. I realised that I had to do something. I mean, what was Angela going to think if she came in to the bathroom and found me as a woman?
I came to the conclusion that clothes were the best place to start. Maybe if I looked better, I would feel better too. I certainly couldn't keep walking around in this skimpy, black catsuit-thing that I had woken up in. I walked back in to the bedroom and being as quiet as possible, started rumaging through Angela's clothes in the wardrobe, trying not to pick out anything that I knew she really liked or that felt too feminine. I just wasn't ready for that yet.

Eventually I stood in front of the mirror in a fairly hideous pink outfit that I had never once seen Angela wear. This was mainly because as a woman, I was slightly thinner than Angela and none of her clothes fitted me very well but also because I didn't feel at all comfortable in a lot of Angela's clothes. I just kept looking at them and thinking how beautiful she looked in them, knowing how ridiculous I would look in them, even as a woman.
It occurred to me that I would have to go shopping for clothes after this.
I looked down to the vanity table beside the mirror, considering Angela's make-up bag. Maybe I should put some on. Women wear a lot of make-up right? At least it would mask how wrecked I looked...

After I was done, I decided to go ahead and call a taxi before I lost the confidence to even leave the house. This was just as well because I practically had no nails left on my right hand at this point. My nerves only increased when I looked down and saw Angela's sleeping figure on the bed. She looked so peaceful and unaware. She had no idea that I had somehow transformed in to a woman overnight. Hopefully I could get it all sorted out before she had to know anything. I bent down and kissed her forehead, then turned on my heels and left before she could wake up. I climbed in to the taxi, trying to fight away the feeling of betrayal settling in my chest.

I arrived at the local shopping mall ten minutes later, now missing most of the nails on my left hand as well. Seriously, this was why I kept my nails short as a man. Suddenly aware that people seemed to be giving me funny looks, I darted in to the nearest clothes store I could find. I must have looked even more stupid than I initially thought upon entering the store judging by the reaction I got from a sales assistant sorting through clothing rails by the shop door.

" Going to a Barbie doll convention then?" he asked, smirking at me from behind his sales rail.
It took all my effort not to snap my reply to him, " No." I said gritting my teeth. " I'm just...browsing."
The guy stood back and raised his eyebrows at me, " You know," he said flicking his eyes up and down my repulsive pink get-up, " We got a stock in a few weeks ago that you would really suit the look of."
Before I could say anything, he was sprinting down to the other end of the store, beckoning at me to follow.
Shrugging, I chased after him. Surely this stock couldn't be any worse than what I was wearing at the moment...

An hour and a half later, I found myself standing in front of the shop mirror again, only this time I was unrecognisable as the confused, pink clad figure I had been the last time. Following that shop assistant had set me on a wild goose chase all through the department store, involving new clothes, new shoes, appointments with a hair stylist and make-up artist and spending a lot of money. But, as I looked in the mirror now, it seemed to be worthwhile. The woman staring back at me had nice clothes, neatly applied make-up and pretty hair. She was definitely stylish, quite feminine even. Actually, she kind of reminded me of myself before I became female. She looked very calm, very together, as if she knew where her life was going and was in total control of it. My only worry was that she would soon discover that she wasn't, just like I had. But I forgot about it just then. For the first time since this transformation, I was satisfied and besides the shop assistant apparently had an extreme case of verbal diorrhoea that was becoming very hard to ignore.

" So how do you like your new look miss?"
" Well I-"
" You like it? I thought so!"
" Thank you ver-"
" You're very welcome! Please come again soon!
" I will."
" You know you look a lot like Abby - that's one of the store models only she's not here because she's ill at the moment, hey how about you give me your phone number? We have a really big fashion show coming up here in a couple of weeks and if Abby isn't better by then, I'd be really grateful if you would consider modelling for us, you're a pretty girl underneath all that clown make-up..."

Eventually, i told him I would think about it and left before he could start talking again. Although, I didn't like to admit it, his asking me to model had given me a really big confidence boost. In fact, as I dialled up for a taxi again, I was starting to feel a lot more positive about this whole gender swap thing. So, I still hated it and I still wanted out but maybe I could make it work until I did get out. Maybe it was all going to be okay.
Maybe seemed like a good word at the moment.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Site Helper
#64 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:19 AM
Default ghost sdoj round 1
I suppose it was a good thing that I was too lazy to clean out my mom's bedroom after she died. I was able to go through her old clothes and find something that fit.

After checking myself in the mirror, I guessed I probably looked as good as I usually do.

I decided to wander around downtown and see if my luck had changed. But when I went into one of the shops the shopkeeper looked at me and shuddered. He quickly apologised, and I asked him what was wrong.

"Don't get me started!" he laughed. "That skirt went out of style 15 years ago, that blouse went out of style 20 years ago, the blouse is way too dressy for the skirt, and you have nothing to tie that pink with that green! In short, young lady, you are a fashion nightmare! Although it isn't my place to criticise, so if you'll trust me I will find you something that suits you better, and give you a discount as an apology for my earlier rudeness."

"How much of a discount?" I asked.

"New clothes, new shoes, and a makeover, all for $ 25.00. How does that sound?"

That was affordable, so I agreed. I almost made the mistake of taking the clothes to the men's dressing room, but caught myself in time. I'm actually expected to go into the women's dressing room! I may buy clothes more often now!

I came out in the dress that he picked out for me, and he led me to the salon chair.

When he was finished, I really liked what I saw.

Apparently he did too. As he was getting ready to ring me up he commented that he wished he was 30 years younger!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

("Reflections" was greyed out for me. Still trying to figure out why.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:08 AM
you need to check reflection on int he settings :D
Site Helper
#66 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 1:51 PM
That was where it was greyed out.

I need to turn detail down in order to do anything with it, which is weird because the less powerful graphics card on my (old) computer did not make me choose between reflections and mitten hands. I suppose I need to check for a driver update, but this is my husband's computer.

On a side note; I like making animated avatars. I would be willing to make ones like this for anybody who wants one, but I need a reasonably good face shot from before and after.

Field Researcher
#67 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:22 PM
I'm sorry.I am going to have to drop out of the contest.My computer freezes every time I play the Sims 2.Sorry.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 6:25 PM
it's okey, BB.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#69 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 1:58 AM
Round one and apps is officially closed. if you decided to drop out pm me.

I will be nice: if you simply forgot and still wanna do it, you have the judging duration to PM me round one. if you don't wanna do it, PM me I will take you name out.

Judges, I sent you the cards, If you didn't get them PM me. :D

Good luck guys.
Scholar
#70 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 7:48 PM
When will Round 2 be posted?

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#71 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 9:26 PM
after i receive the both round one and app score from judges.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#72 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:31 PM
I shall post round II in a bit since One of my judges and EJs cant judge( since I am an EG I will judge)
Site Helper
#73 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 3:13 PM
I was just in the emergency room a couple of days ago, and it turns out that I have a small BENIGN brain tumor. The neurosurgeon is out of his office until Tuesday, so I will be calling then for an appointment to get it removed. (They said that they can probably get it all with a Gamma Knife procedure.) I am on the prayer chains at my church, my parents' church, my husband's parents' church, and my sister's church, and I have vicodin for the pain. I'm hoping that I will be able to continue with the contest, but if I vanish without warning it is not because I lost interest and was too rude to tell you.

Scholar
#74 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:12 PM
best of luck to you. I am so glad for you that it is benign. One of my favorite cousins died from one last year.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:13 PM
ouch I'm sorry ghost D;

Page 3 of 5