4 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#33576 Old 8th Apr 2024 at 11:06 PM
OK! I'll finish adding the GUIDs to the images, and put them up there.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#33577 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I didn't realise, but in creating some custom careers, I found out that career outfits are made into a "set" (male/female/elder) which has a GUID rather than specifying the GUID of the clothes themselves.

In order to save myself some work, I decided to check all of the vanilla careers to see what outfit sets they are. I now have these saved as images. Where can I upload them, that they would be useful for any other career creators?

I would say add it to the existing thread that has career outfits listed if it contains different info. I thought I had a fuller list, but I can't find the accreditation so perhaps I had done it. I think having them in a list that is copy-able would be nice.

https://modthesims.info/t/293495
Mad Poster
#33578 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 1:10 PM
Oh good idea. In fact, that saves me loading up SimPE trying to find all the individual GUIDs!

It doesn't contain different info but it does show you what these outfits look like. I didn't bother to check the elder or teen outfits, as I felt like the adult ones give enough of a sense of what they are.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#33579 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 2:20 PM
Turning young adults into townies makes them the dormies on the university campus, right?

EDIT: I also attempted to move Sims between households (changing family IDs) while they were still in the bin with SimPE, but the game shows them as all in the original family. Should I put them all back and just do the manipulation in-game or will they place properly?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#33580 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Turning young adults into townies makes them the dormies on the university campus, right?

Yes.

Quote:
EDIT: I also attempted to move Sims between households (changing family IDs) while they were still in the bin with SimPE, but the game shows them as all in the original family. Should I put them all back and just do the manipulation in-game or will they place properly?

Back up your game and find out! If you're just looking at the thumbnails, those show the family as it was when they were last open in game.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#33581 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Back up your game and find out! If you're just looking at the thumbnails, those show the family as it was when they were last open in game.

Whew, I placed them all and it was safe, they were in the correct households.

I'm now moving the original Belladonna Cove townie teens to college (and have generated more teens to repopulate the town). I'll also experiment with turning playable Sims in a dorm into dormies when the time comes.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#33582 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 6:45 PM
Do any of the various traits mods around include traits for pets?
Mad Poster
#33583 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Do any of the various traits mods around include traits for pets?

Pets don't have inventories, which I think is required for the traits mod.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#33584 Old 9th Apr 2024 at 7:47 PM
Why no inventories? Traits are something you are given programmatically and have more or less permanently, and not what you need to pick up with the mouse. You can store stuff in pets inventory just the same as with other people.
Mad Poster
#33585 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 2:07 AM
The point of putting them in the inventory is so that you can see which traits the sim has by looking there.
Mad Poster
#33586 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 11:32 AM
So, no pets traits mods then, I'm guessing.
Instructor
#33587 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 8:38 PM
What's the interaction "Look At Suds" on a fountain? Sims keep doing this on free will with a fountain but they instead play the failed routing animation.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Mad Poster
#33588 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
What's the interaction "Look At Suds" on a fountain? Sims keep doing this on free will with a fountain but they instead play the failed routing animation.

It comes up when someone soaps the fountain.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#33589 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 5:31 AM
I FINALLY thought of what this could be, as old as this discussion was!
When Sims finish craftables, confetti pops up. I've seen it happen today with a pottery wheel.
I don't know if that lot had one, but maybe it was this after all?

Interesting info, and again thank you for the input, though that wasn't the case either. BUT, I finally figured it out!

This is the reason of my random question:

The spiral lights (and confetti) from when a sim ages up! But why does it show up in the far corner, with no aging sim? It turns out it's because of a couple of mods. The thing is: I've been playing with story progression, and every night at 6pm townies age up, and a pop up shows up for me to choose the aspiration of recently aged teens, which I thought it was a SP feature but later realized it's the townie aging fix. I noticed the lights appearing immediately after the choose-aspiration-window showed up. So, since it detected that sims were aging, it activated and acted as if the townies were on the lot. It baffles me how I didn't realize it sooner, I guess I wasn't feeling like paying attention to the far corner back then.

So that's it. Mystery solved! I hope I was able to make it clear, sorry if the explanation got messy
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#33590 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 6:34 AM
Sims actually can't age off-lot, so Story Progression teleports all aging sims to the lot in the off-world room in order to age them up. When I was using it, this would sometimes cause controllable sims to try to say goodbye to them (because it was late at night) and then throw an error when they couldn't route to them because they were off-world.
Mad Poster
#33591 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 10:54 AM
Additionally if you try to follow a Sim that's off-world, the camera will zoom to one corner of the lot.

Instructor
#33592 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mocuna
Interesting info, and again thank you for the input, though that wasn't the case either. BUT, I finally figured it out!

This is the reason of my random question:

The spiral lights (and confetti) from when a sim ages up! But why does it show up in the far corner, with no aging sim? It turns out it's because of a couple of mods. The thing is: I've been playing with story progression, and every night at 6pm townies age up, and a pop up shows up for me to choose the aspiration of recently aged teens, which I thought it was a SP feature but later realized it's the townie aging fix. I noticed the lights appearing immediately after the choose-aspiration-window showed up. So, since it detected that sims were aging, it activated and acted as if the townies were on the lot. It baffles me how I didn't realize it sooner, I guess I wasn't feeling like paying attention to the far corner back then.

So that's it. Mystery solved! I hope I was able to make it clear, sorry if the explanation got messy

Oh wow! Finally, mystery solved. Would've never guessed that was the case.
I thought about it being growing up but it wasn't reasonable if there weren't any Sims, only sparkles.

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
It comes up when someone soaps the fountain.

Does it even work? On my game they just play the routing failure animation.

Inventor
#33593 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 5:09 PM
They might not be able to walk to some fountains, but in general it works. Without mods to limit it, this action is annoying. On a commlot without much else to do, they will put soap in fountains often and call out all NPCs from inside buildings to react.
Mad Poster
#33594 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 6:30 PM
Does it even work? On my game they just play the routing failure animation.

It works, I constantly get soaped fountains on several community lots. Something might be blocking your fountain.

Instructor
#33595 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
It works, I constantly get soaped fountains on several community lots. Something might be blocking your fountain.

Maybe, I can't think of anything else that would stop the interaction.
It also explains why Sims play the routing failure animation.

Mad Poster
#33596 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 6:43 PM
I've noticed some objects might routefail if you use building cheats (snapobjects or quarter-tile) for placement, but not tested fountains specifically.

Inventor
#33597 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 6:48 PM
You might have multiple fountains on the lot and only some are inaccessible. You can see which object they are trying to walk to using COE (select person, select object ci: [active], cn: [next in q] or route: [what they last walked towards]). If it's a custom cloned fountain, its current size might be incompatible with the target slot that worked with the original.
Scholar
#33598 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 8:45 PM
Apologies in advance if I could have googled this--I tried.

I have not added a custom downtown before. If I want to add a custom downtown I downloaded--for example, Emerald Heights--that says it's *empty* to a new neighborhood, will it still generate the standard Maxis downtownies when it's added? Or will it be completely empty?

And following on that: if I add the *empty* version to a neighborhood that already has the standard Downtown attached, will I get duplicate Downtownies or should it be fine?

I do understand that if I add the version with *playable* Sims to a neighborhood where there is already a Downtown attached, then the playables won't appear. My concern is having two versions of the same Downtownies--like when you add all three universities and you have 3 versions of each dormie.
Mad Poster
#33599 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 9:18 PM
If you add an empty premade custom downtown, downtownies will start to generate from the downtownie templates. This may go quickly or slowly depending on how you use the downtown and what spawn-suppressors you have in place. The test Bigg City I added to my Widespot years ago still hasn't generated a Mr Big or a Diva, but it's given me a Count and a Contessa. Nor can I find any Tricous, alive or dead.

The only way I know of to get duplicate downtownies is to have a downtown, delete it, and add a new, different downtown that hasn't taken steps to be empty - if you use the standard "make your own downtown" option without using mods to suppress or replace the downtown template. I have done this, so I know it happens! The second Drama Acres downtown had all the same townies as the first, including Tricous alive and dead, but only the dead Tricous had the same names, so it was really just a matter of gussying them up to look different. All the townies I'd made playable were now significantly older than the new ones that came in.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#33600 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 12:10 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 13th Apr 2024 at 12:20 AM.
Is it possible to evict specific nonplayables from an apartment unit?

Two nonplayable Sims keep getting into brawls in the common areas, which would be fun if they didn't keep blocking the exits.

Page 1344 of 1348