Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 12:08 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Base game bed causing bugs when used
I love this bed but for months it is the only one that causes issues. First of all, the bed is forward outside of the grid so I can't place it without moveobjects, secondly, in life mode my sims constantly reset and are basically unplayable. At first I thought that the building or the family on that lot was messed up, so I deleted all suspicious mods, but no luck. After my sims couldn't woohoo or make out on that bed (there were options but they weren't reacting), I deleted it and realized that they weren't reseting anymore. I tried putting that bed in other families and same issue occured. I put it in a different neighborhood and the same happened. So it was the bed all along, but why? I only remeber having a bed related mod that removes deco pillows and blankets when sleeping on the bed and I have recently downloaded the inaccessible bed mod.
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 12:24 PM
Sounds like you have a mod or piece of CC overriding the bed or the code for the bed.

This guide should help, it shows how to backup your files and narrow down the cause of the problem.
Game Help:Game Problemwiki
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Sounds like you have a mod or piece of CC overriding the bed or the code for the bed.

This guide should help, it shows how to backup your files and narrow down the cause of the problem.
Game Help:Game Problemwiki

I actually have some bed that is classified as CC but it appears in no CC lots. I think it came with a lot cause I don't remeber downloading it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 12:40 PM
Update: I checked original pictures of the lot where those CC beds appeared and the original beds were the glitching ones.

https://modthesims.info/d/308982/ba...apartments.html

Should I delete the CC bed? Is that the only thing needed?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 2:08 PM
The very idea of bugs in beds is making me itchy. Neither I nor my Sims want bedbugs! Cockroaches are bad enough, but please no bedbugs!!

Back on topic, I'd try taking the CC bed out and see if it solves the problem. As always I'd say make a backup first, just in case!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__

If you follow the guide I linked you to, it states- backup, then remove most likely problems. So if you think that object is the likely cause, test it and see. I can't solve this for you, you need to eliminate possibilities until you find the cause.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 4:16 PM
Could be a GUID conflict with another item, meaning one item tries to override the other. Could also be that the CC item doesn't have the proper GUID numbers set, and instead uses the ones from the basegame bed for the "extra" GUIDs in a multi-tile object (beds and similar), which causes both beds to break (one isn't visible, while the other has all sorts of weird issues).

.SimPE has a GUID scanner (it's a bit slow and cumbersome, though), and I think the HCDU+ has one as well (likely a bit easier to deal with). Could come in handy for such issues.

https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...s/HcduPlus.html

GUID issues are very likely with basegame objects, since those tend to be cloned most often.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
Update: I checked original pictures of the lot where those CC beds appeared and the original beds were the glitching ones.

https://modthesims.info/d/308982/ba...apartments.html

That lot does not contain any cc beds.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 2:23 AM
Can you post the error log from the error you're getting?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th May 2024 at 6:19 PM
I've had this happen when a bed has been placed in inventory. It's something to do with ownable items having been in inventory. Did your sim bring the bed from one house to another?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th May 2024 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I've had this happen when a bed has been placed in inventory. It's something to do with ownable items having been in inventory. Did your sim bring the bed from one house to another?

Wouldn't be that, they tried the bed with other families. Sounds more like a GUID conflict.

OP that lot you pictured is CC free, so it wasn't from that lot. You must have already had the culprit when you installed that lot, did you install any other lots before it?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th May 2024 at 12:52 PM
Ah, I missed that. Yes, that would only be the culprit if it's one specific bed and would disappear if the bed was deleted and re-bought.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...