Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2024 at 11:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Questions about infants /toddlers
Hello, first of all, happy new year 2024, and we continue rocking with the sims 2! I am a newbie and I still have to discover many things about this fantastic game... I was doing a difficult challenge, and I had to have many children with aliens... Ok.. So I had more actions with the toddlers than I had so far, in my house / home, I don't have bathtubs, the sims are taking a bath or bubble bath and they are half their lives in it, so only showers, it curiously, infants /toddlers cannot be washed in the sink or in the shower. Is there any option to wash them?… I sometimes have the option to change a diaper, but it doesn't always appear… this is curious, newborns can wash in the sink without problems. I have also noticed that if a newborn gets dirty, you wash it in the sink and it doesn't stay clean, is there a mod or something that fixes that? How is it possible that after washing a baby, it is not clean?... also since there were many children/toddlers to take care of, one of them had fun at 0, I don't know how to increase that fun, they have toys, but he starts to cry and it doesn't calm down... what is the best way to have fun for a toddlers?... Thank you
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jan 2024 at 11:56 PM
For the newborns- you need to change their diaper first, then wash them in the sink. Otherwise the silly sims put them back in their dirty diaper, and they are stinky again!
Inventor
#3 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 12:38 AM
In FreeTime I never ever have to change the diaper separately. I go and wash the baby in a sink or toddler in a bathtub, and he becomes fully clean. The fear to change the diaper can be completely bypassed. I wonder if this exploit has been "fixed" in Apartments or by some modder.

For fun they can beat a kiddie musical instrument, preferably after taking smart milk. If he stops using the toys maybe he needs another motive more.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 2:06 AM
Toddlers can only be washed in bathtubs. There are CC toddler baths available if you don't want the adults using them.

For fun, not only should you leave toys lying around where they can get at them, fill a few of those "play with" wants. Tickling is fastest; tossing in the air gives the most fun (but you risk the toddler throwing up on them). If you do it in combination with changing a diaper (though I hardly ever have to change diapers as I focus on potty training on the first couple of days) or taking them in or out of a high chair it's pretty time-efficient. Also, leave a stereo on in a room where no one's going to try to sleep. My toddlers love to "dance."

Although it's possible to manage even multiple toddlers vanilla with some dedicated micromanaging and suspension of non-toddler-related goals - I never worry about promotions during toddler years myself - most of us have favorite toddler-specific custom content that we swear by. My own favorite is toddler beds that they can put themselves to sleep in and get up on their own. Other people like never-ending sippy cups, booster chairs, mods that allow sims to take toddlers to community lots, or what have you. Identify your biggest annoyance and target that. There is, for example, a bathable water fountain that allows toddlers to improve their hygiene motive and I believe also adds fun! I think they can use the OFB water wiggler, too, but I haven't had enough toymakers to swear to that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 2:40 AM
There is a showertub that sims can use to take showers and also use to bathe toddlers. There's also a custom toddler bath that can only be used for bathing toddlers that I often use in situations there isn't space for the showertub: https://modthesims.info/d/528650/ru...oddler-tub.html I find you pretty much never need to bathe babies and it's generally a waste of time. Just change their diapers when they need it and that will satisfy their hygiene needs.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
I have also noticed that if a newborn gets dirty, you wash it in the sink and it doesn't stay clean, is there a mod or something that fixes that? How is it possible that after washing a baby, it is not clean?
AFAICT, the baby is actually clean, needs-wise, the game just doesn't remove the stinky diaper effect. Gammi's "Bathing changes diaper," available over here, can take care of that.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 11:49 PM
First of all, thank you all very much for the answers, since it is a challenge, I cannot put the mod, unless it is a bug in the game, for example, if I am going to put the one with the dirty diaper, since it is an error from Maxis, thank you!, on the bathtub for infants, I think I can put it... but it is curious that they cannot be washed in a shower, because they are older than newborns, I also agree that it is better to change newborns diaper, but when it's not a challenge, the sims have more contact with those babies when washing them. About the fun, that infant sim was really difficult, I gave him all the toys allowed (the original ones from the game) and he didn't want to play with anything, it was exasperating... in the end I think the most fun thing for him was throwing him into the air like 5 times and it went up enough for me to want to play with a toy, I swear nothing like that ever happened to me!!... again, thank you very much
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Jan 2024 at 12:01 AM
Toddlers can be washed in bathtubs, no mods needed.

Changing diapers is only an option when babies/toddlers are wearing a soiled diaper (they get a green cloud around them). You can do it simply by clicking on the baby/toddler and choosing that interaction from the pie menu or you can use a changing table.

What toys did you give your toddlers? How did they refuse to play?