Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 3:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default Can't see items
I have a problem of not being able to see some items. If an objected has been dowloaded (including from Maxis) it is displayed black in the purchasing sction, but is "normal" when used.

Also, when a sim changes/plans an outfit, they're clothes are black, making it hard to figure out what is what. And when adding/changing make-up/hair, the preview faces are black so that you can't see how it looks until you have accepted the changes and goes into play mode.

Another thing is when a sim ages or changes (clothing/hair/make-up) from their original picture box, their clothes and hair are black, but their face remains visible.

What can I do to correct this???

Thanks!!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 5:22 AM
You can try this... go to your my documents/ ea games/ the sims 2/ thumbnails/ folder and copy and paste it to your desktop. Now go back to the thumbnails folder in you my documents folder and delete the contents. Load your game, it will regenerate the thumbnails. Not promising this will solve your problem, but it will not hurt your game. Good luck!

Teresa
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 1:58 PM
Thanks for your advice. I did try it, but now every object is black, and so are the clothes when changing outfits...

Any other ideas???
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 12:53 AM
What are the specs of your computer? Do you have the newest drivers for your video card? If not, might try updating them. Also check your ingame options and see if lowering or raiseing them might help. Good luck!

Teresa
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 10:09 PM
Do you still need help with this?