Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 8:11 PM
Default Transparency Issues with Accessories
hiya!
I have converted objects that are hair accessories for a hair I converted my problem is transparency the areas where it is supposed to be transparent are not transparent it looks like paper. I have tried numerous times recreating the alpha for the multiple and saving it as dtx5 as the other images . I am a complete noob when it comes to CAS creating so I honestly do not know if I am creating everything properly. I have been going looney trying to figure this out

Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 1:32 AM
I had several attempts myself and failed and i am not sure if some else discovered already how to make accesoires transparant yet.....
Transparancy within hairmeshes is possible tho, not sure wich one you looking for.
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 2:19 AM
it 's so beautiful i hope you finished it and sharing with us
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 3:00 AM
As far as I know, there is no way to get the alpha channel working on accessories.
(too bad, cause I love your accessory ''/) You could try to make it attached with the hair, so, you could have an alpha channel.

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it's run over by a car, you don't want it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 1:21 AM
is the pattern on the forehead done sharoncry?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 1:28 AM
That looks similar to an issue I had with an object. I have not explored further to make it work since the mesh asploded.

This was a plant from a shelf, the texture part had the image of the leaf the rest was black. The alpha on this had white where the texture is and black for the rest of it, except for the part on the alpha where the plant leaves are, that was black. Make sense? Look at the the knick knack wall shelf. I also have no idea how this relates to clothing/accessories.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 1:59 AM
thanks HL I am going to try looking at that shelf to see what the alpha looks like hopefully I will get an idea how it is set up I have been racking my brain for the last 4 days over this issue.

lcbxl I have 2 more patterns for the forehead then I will release them I am sunhair over @ Gamesir
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 12:55 PM
I have tried so many times.....
The male beard also has transparancy enabled and ofcourse the glasses but cloning these will not give you a transparant accesoire as the glasses transparancy is somehow linked to boneassignements(altho it uses a transparant texturefile) and the beard you cant recolor as it is linked to the haircolor.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 4:57 PM
I hope that it can be figured out sighs it is strange though that accessories can not maintain transparency I have tried using just about every accessory and not one has worked
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 8:49 PM
I've had the same problems myself Jillian, I'm trying to convert my transparent curtains that I made for Sims 2 to Sims3 files, but I just can't get the transparency to work no matter what I do, I tried it with accessoires too, and had the same problem, but it must be able to be done, Rose has done some accessoires and so has Peggy, and they all work. Just wish I knew which file to change, i've tried them all. By the way the accessoire looks really lovely, hope you can get it sorted out

Lifes all for living it and i'm all for giving it a try.
Lifes all for living it and i'm all for giving it a try.
Alchemist
#11 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 8:55 PM
If you're trying to make your curtains transparent look here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments

at post 64. Hope that helps.
Sockpuppet
#12 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MysticVelvet
I've had the same problems myself Jillian, I'm trying to convert my transparent curtains that I made for Sims 2 to Sims3 files, but I just can't get the transparency to work no matter what I do, I tried it with accessoires too, and had the same problem, but it must be able to be done, Rose has done some accessoires and so has Peggy, and they all work. Just wish I knew which file to change, i've tried them all. By the way the accessoire looks really lovely, hope you can get it sorted out

You made me curious and i opened a few of Rose her accesoires, all her accesoires are high polygon meshes and not made with a alpha edit.

I have not seen any one do it......besides for objects.