Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#126 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 10:50 PM
I remember back in the 70's, there was some really dire prediction that the world would end at a certain day at a certain time in a certain year. My mother insisted I go to class anyway. Party-pooper!

At the time the world was supposed to end, I looked at my friend sitting next to me, whispered, "Nice knowing you!", waited for Armageddon, and ...

Nothing happened. Life went on. I still had to complete that project that I was trying to put off.

I'm one of the "old ladies" of the forum, and I've seen many predictions insisting (and providing lots of "proof", of course!) that the world was going to end, or something dire was going to happen, on a certain day at a certain time. But as my late father used to say, when it's your time to go, it's your time to go. Being worried about dire predictions will do nothing but give you heartburn.

Live the best way you can, take care of yourself and the ones you love, and be the best person you can be. That's all you can do.

And I LOL'd at this line by Sims3King:

"On the bright side, by late 2012, EA would have been done with The Sims 3, so we can at least play that, to its full potential."

With our luck, the expansion of all expansions, bug-free and wonderful, will be scheduled to come out ... on 12/22/12!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Revenant
Back a few months ago, a friend told me about Planet X coming to kill us in 2012. I was curious and concerned (because, quite frankly, he sounded like a crazy man) and began researching via Google. The strongest contender of Planet X was a woman who believed she was getting communication from an alien race through an implant in her nose, she was claiming that Planet X was coming in 2003. This woman has absolutely no crediblity, she spent a good long time calling real astronauts 'stupid', this woman also claimed that the Hale-Bopp comet was fake, a lie (stop laughing, she was serious). Her site is nothing but a shill (www.zetatalk.com), it's full of crazy so if you are amused by crazy like I am, check it out. Finally, the next time some idiot tells you that Nibiru is coming, tell them it's already here and has been for a long time just sitting around in our solar system before informing them that it means Jupiter and laugh at them.

BAHAHAHA!

http://www.zetatalk.com/
:iws: :P

Sims3King
Lots, photography, and machinima...
Coming soon

The star maker says, "It ain't so bad"
The dream maker's gonna make you mad;
The spaceman says, "Everybody look down!
Its all in your mind!"
Banned
#128 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 12:58 AM
Lol that zetatalk site is amusing(well the little I looked at, the planet x photos) It's amazing what a little bit of lens flare will do for a picture, not to mention poor quality photos!
#129 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 2:43 AM
ROFL. People like her die in a bed, dreaming of death. Yes, I know, they sound really bad.

But I'm mean. T_T
Scholar
#130 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 10:36 AM
Ok.

Wut?

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Alchemist
#131 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 10:41 AM
I'm not sure if I believe of this or not. Prehaps the mayans did predict it or maybe they just couldn't be bothered to write another hundred years on the calender... ?

On another note, this could actually be possible as there is supposedly a comet heading towards earth which is predicted to arrive 2012-2014 and it has a very very low chance of hitting. If it does hit though we will all die because it has the power of 77 hiroshima bombs.
Test Subject
#132 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 7:19 AM
I don't know how I feel about it. I'm very mixed. Mayans were incredibly advanced and when you look back at the great mysteries of the world people of the past clearly knew something we didn't. They are so many amazing things they did that can't be explained.

This is why some people think that something major (but not world ending) will happen on 2012, like a pole reversal, which will cause us to have to revert back to the ways things were done in the past. They think that this has happened before but over time forgotten about and that perhaps they did have technology and things a long time ago.

I don't know if it's true or not, but honestly worrying about it won't do me any good. I can't stop the end of the world. I do know that sooner or later though it's going to end because there are only so many resources on the planet.
#133 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 3:34 PM
I don't know whether to be afraid or not about the end of the world [whether it's true or not.]
Gah, goodbye childhood wantings. I remember when I used to want to be able to live forever. Now I realize why the hell I wouldn't want to, with all of us supposedly going to be dying on the 21st of December, 2012 and with 'global warming going to melt our icecaps' and all that shizzle.
Mad Poster
#134 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 5:14 PM
Nostradamus predicted world to end in 2000. Aparently iy didn't happen since there is still intranetz and we are all comunicating xD

I some what do believ it might be true since the way we treat the world and other people. war, siasaters, lack of food and money...So I don't know what to think really.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 7:21 PM
Oh, i'm not afraid of this Date, i'm not afraid of any Dates, because i think, that Future can always change, even if it's only a Day later or a Week... Or billions of years. Maybe it's too late for us, but maybe the ones who live after us can learn from our Failure. But if Earth... "Crashes down", i don't wanna be Witness, so i'm glad that i'll die before it. (I mean, look outside, Sun is still here and i just don't believe that the Apocalypse will happen in the next 80 years. And after that... Well, that's not my Problem. I do as much as i can do to give us a little bit more Time, but if this doesn't helps, then... )

And several Peoples predicted the Apocalypse, the most common Mistake in Switzerland was the one of Uriella. She said in the Year 1999 there will be big Catastrophes and war... and see - nothing what she predicted happened! Well... Even if her lies wouldn't be revealed i don't believe her. I mean - she told once that there's an UFO in Maggia Valley! (Italian Part of Switzerland) Who believes that? See...

That's why i don't believe in these Dates.
Alchemist
#136 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyle
Nostradamus predicted world to end in 2000. Aparently iy didn't happen since there is still intranetz and we are all comunicating xD

I some what do believ it might be true since the way we treat the world and other people. war, siasaters, lack of food and money...So I don't know what to think really.

I don't think he predicted the world to end , Didn't he just predict all the computers would fail at 0:00 1st January 2000 ? Apparently a lot of people thought this as they didn't know how a computer would react.
Field Researcher
#137 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 8:09 PM
I don't think that Nostradamus even knew what computers were (as he lived in the 1500s) when he predicted the end.
Alchemist
#138 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chibspan
I don't think that Nostradamus even knew what computers were (as he lived in the 1500s) when he predicted the end.

Oh yeah... Forgot about that.
#139 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 8:21 PM
The other week there was someone I know who know's someone who goes to a church, they said the world was going to end a couple of days after that. It didn't, I'm still alive and so are all of us.

The world is always 'ending' just because they said it would 'end' doesn't mean we're all going to die. Nostradamus predicted our world would end on 9/11-It did, but it CHANGED it moved onto another stage. People learnt from that. Ending doesn't mean death nessesarily, it can mean change.

If the world does 'end', you might as well just ignore it and LIVE your life for now.
Forum Resident
#140 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kusama
Most people take this thing rather wrong and this causes confusion. But if you read a lot abut this, thing becomes clear enough to decide what to think.
What's very clear, too, is how you won't give us any precise sources.

Quote: Originally posted by Kyle

Some crazy French fashion designer used to believe the Mir space station would crash in 1999 because of a fishy prediction by Nostradamus. Most French people considered it rather lulzy back then. :D

Quote: Originally posted by Dozo
The world is always 'ending' just because they said it would 'end' doesn't mean we're all going to die. Nostradamus predicted our world would end on 9/11-It did, but it CHANGED it moved onto another stage. People learnt from that. Ending doesn't mean death nessesarily, it can mean change.
Wha- Nostradamus didn't predict 9/11...
Mad Poster
#141 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 3:23 AM
Nostradamus knew everything! he predicted WW2, so ofcourse he knew what computers are! (lulz he didn't )
Top Secret Researcher
#142 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 4:14 AM
The world was supposed to explode from Armageddon. That passed.
On the Devil's Day (6/6/06) we were supposed to...die or explode or something. Yeah, we are all alive.
Y2K was supposed to kill the world. I lived passed Y2K.

One of my classmates said that if you are getting all frazzled from 2012 then you should go find Jesus.
To share my thoughts to his stupid comment:
No, Jesus can not help you. Jesus is dead. He died twice.
And if he could help you, he/his father would be the one destroying the world.

On Topic:
Human-kind will only fail by human-kinds own stupidity.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

#143 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 1:28 PM
Another 'the -world -is -dying-day'? Why do people always make up such stuff?
I agree to what DOZO said about an end does not neccessary mean dead. Just that Nostradameus predicted 9/11, I don't think so...
Inventor
#144 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:10 PM
i hope its not the end of the world, but i do hope it will be a change for the better.
i read the Alien idea from Haylifer, and i believe in aliens and i think that would be very cool (as long as they didn't just want to kill us)
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:14 AM
I think the Mayan calendar guy just got tired of writing... :P

The Barimen Legacy (complete) - https://zoxell.wordpress.com/chapters/
The Stacpoole Legacy (gen 1) - https://zoxell.wordpress.com/the-stacpoole-legacy/
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:25 AM
Self fullfilling prophecy. You act like the world will end, you say, "oh well, the world is coming to an end anyway, whatever" and that causes you to do things that could end the world, and eventually, all this comes true. So yeah, there's a good chance the world will end. See ya'll in heaven.
Instructor
#147 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 4:29 AM
I think that when the conspiracy theorists ( I think most of them were pro christian nutjobs predicting the end of the world) come up with 2012, they think of the NWO and the Illuminati taking over the whole world. Then they talked about the computer implantation (RFID) that would send people to hell unless they remove it and suffer persecution. However, I think most of them were talking bullcrap when it comes to the world ending. Yes, I believed that the world will one day end when it happens but Nostradamas said it was 2000 when the world will end. According to the time travel theory, what may have occurred in the other dimension did not occur here. But in 2001, it seemed like the beginning of the end until we found out that we were at the beginning of the end time. But we can always change it since we want to build and create things. BTW, NIBIRU will come close to earth but it would be either a huge planet or a dwarf star. But it will not hit us. So there is the chance if we want to change, we can beforehand.

God, please protect me from your idiot followers for they have blinded themselves with bleach.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you beer and coffee.

Life is like Go. Its takes smart and amoral people to make decisions based on their strategies of living.

Page 6 of 6