Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 5:59 PM
Default 3 games I choosing for my Birthday.
Greetings geeks. :moo: Yes, I had a cow in my mouth. :jk:

Ok, My Birthday is coming up, and 1. You aren't invinted :down: 2. I need help choosing 3 games for my birthday.

1. The Sims 2 Nightlife
2. Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
3. Rise of Nations or Homeworld 2? (I have a PowerMac G4 so no Rise of legends)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 6:05 PM
Oh... I'm not invited? That's mean... *Pouts*

What did you mean actually? There's already 3 games? I would pick Rise of Nations myself, my cousin has it and it is quite interesting.

*Glares* >:( What are you looking at?
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by I_likeup@S2C

Ok, My Birthday is coming up, and 1. You aren't invinted :down: 2. I need help choosing 3 games for my birthday.

1. The Sims 2 Nightlife

Homeworld 2 for my money... I'd also avoid Jedi Academy like the plague.

Souless, boring, evil piece of Raven built software.

Eugh.

Okay there are millions of worse games out there but it really is an average game.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElPresidente
Homeworld 2 for my money... I'd also avoid Jedi Academy like the plague.

Souless, boring, evil piece of Raven built software.

Eugh.

Okay there are millions of worse games out there but it really is an average game.

Jedi Academy did use an outdated game/GFX engine. I should had used the Doom 3 Engine :D. But then I wouldn't be able to run it.
Still, The Jedi Knight/Dark Forces series has been the best Star Wars FPS out there.
Inventor
#5 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 2:47 AM
In your opinion yes. But Jedi Academy was really not the greatest game. There are better. Try the Battlefront series (I know you already have it.) Republic Commando is'nt bad, either.
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 3:58 AM
Jedi Academy did use an outdated game/GFX engine. I should had used the Doom 3 Engine :D. But then I wouldn't be able to run it.
Still, The Jedi Knight/Dark Forces series has been the best Star Wars FPS out there.

Nothing to do with the engine... the engine used was fine though not astounding. The game simply sucks.

Jedi Knight was the last good Dark Forces game released.

Outcast was banal and Academy even more so.

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 9:33 AM
Have you ever tried sneaky types of games like ....

Hitmat series (Hitman Blood Money is the latest) or Theif series (Theif 3 is the latest) ....

Oh wait, nvm ... You are probably not old enough to play those games.

Maybe you can still play Theif series.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 11:37 AM
The Shalebridge Cradle level of Thief 3 has more disturbing content than all the Hitman games put together IMO.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 4:07 PM
I liked Republic Commando much more than I had expected, immensely more so than Battlefront. My Battlefront experience was on PS2 however, maybe it was a greater game on PC.
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 9:29 PM
Jedi Academy?

Hmm....better than Outcast, if only because the saber combat is far superior.

It's a shame how much the Dark Forces series has fallen.

Also, I'd choose Homeworld 2 over Rise of Nations....there's a very sweet mod available for it, even if it'll probably never be completed. Seems like you're a bit of a Star Wars fan, anyway.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
retired moderator
#11 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Synthesis
It's a shame how much the Dark Forces series has fallen.

We may disagree on the relative merits of Outcast versus Academy but we can certainly agree on this.

It's a damn damn shame.

Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 10:04 PM

1. The Sims 2 Nightlife

Geeks? How rude....I think the list you got is fine although i wouldn't go with the star wars but thats me because i don't like star wars or SCI-FI really.