Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 1:07 AM
Default The Ghosts. They Are Making Me Angry.
I've been waiting for a good 20 Sim days, and only once has a ghost appeared. x_x And in that time, I didn't get a good enough relationship. I want ghost babies. D;

Anyone figured out when they appear and if anything triggers them to? Only Erik has so far. Once. *Emosigh*

[Caps Lock] THAT SPAZZ [Is Cruise Control For Cool]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 1:23 AM
Kill of one of your SIMs, and keep his tombstone/ashes on the lot, that ought'll work
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 2:14 AM
I like to watch the Grave yard and the Goth house at night. I get ghosts everynight starting at about 2am. I will note that they appear before my sim gets there. In the grave yard there are about six and they stay around a good while. two of them tend to stay till like 7am! my sim goes to see them and is friends with the guy with a mohawk.

The ones at the goth house, i only get two by the way, show up about the same time but don't stay out as long. Maybe about 2 or 3 ingame house. Try watching the graveyard till the ghosts show, and then sending your sim over once they do.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 2:57 AM
I really want ghost babies too. But the problem is i am not sure if the ghost will follow me home and i really dont want to kill my simmies. But i think if u move into the goth house, u could probably try getting to a romantic level with one of those ghosts....
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spazz
I've been waiting for a good 20 Sim days, and only once has a ghost appeared. x_x And in that time, I didn't get a good enough relationship. I want ghost babies. D;

Anyone figured out when they appear and if anything triggers them to? Only Erik has so far. Once. *Emosigh*

I read somewhere, and was able to test (and succeed,) in getting my own ghosts for ghost babies.

What I was told, and what I did, made it necessary to create a new family. What I did was make a Male/Female couple (not spouses) and a third adult as a roommate (if they're married, for some reason the game "divorces" them when they die.)

Move into an empty lot, and using the 'testingcheatsenabled true' cheat drag the hunger bar all the way down. They will starve to death, and die immediately. Don't take the remaining Sim off the lot, and within a few minutes.. 10 or 15 real minutes... you'll get the opportunity to take the remains to the research facility. You can take both, res one, and then you pay 5000 simoleans to raise the other.

At that point, you can take them back and move them all into a bigger house, or build one there. Then you're good to go for ghost babies...

Peace

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 4:48 AM
Do ghosts age?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icu2richelo
Do ghosts age?

In a word.. yes. But it seems as though the ghost life span is longer than any of the others.

Peace

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 3:47 PM
This is very very very interesting!!!! :O
I wants me some ghost babies...
but the prima guide says ghosts can't have romantic interactions, or move in with people or anything like that.
Like you can only be friends with them. :O

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.
My exchange page (50+ creations)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mbunnell
This is very very very interesting!!!! :O
I wants me some ghost babies...
but the prima guide says ghosts can't have romantic interactions, or move in with people or anything like that.
Like you can only be friends with them. :O

I think they mean the ghosts at the graveyard... that's how I started trying for playable ghosties... and it never worked. I think you have to have an actual sim die to get one yourself.

Now... if only someone could create a mod that insta-kills your Sim with all of the ways they can die, I'd be happy... the starvation cheat I use now is getting old... lol. I want different colored ghosts. heh

Peace

Forum Resident
#10 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 7:39 PM
which starvation cheat is that?
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:40 PM
Default Ways to die
as far as i know there are 5 ways for a sim to die:
Starvation
Old age
Drowning: get sim to full tired ness in pool and keep telling the to swin in a direction or they get out (can get out without ladder now) or build walls around the pool
Fire: hardish, but i cook a meal and box my sim in infront of the cooker with beds and counters (can just cancel the cooking action when infront of stove)
Electric shock: make sim tinker or repair an object and i *think* will get an electrical fire (this is by far the hardest)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:01 PM
The only death I have had other than old age so far is electric shock. I tried for ages to kill Agnes Crumplebottom, my sim had the wish to see the ghost of his wealthy spouse. I tried fire and didn't box her in good enough, made a pool etc ....anyway a few days later the trash compactor broke, I thought ..... perfect! I had her try and repair it, and she did with little skill and no shock. I gave up and figured we'd just wait till she died of old age. The stereo broke next and I had her repair it, she got shocked and got a negative moodlet from it, the moodlet said I shouldn't let her repair anything else till the effects wore off, so I made her try again, and it worked!!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 12:22 AM
Try clicking on all the tombstones at a graveyard and see if you get the option "pick up". If you can pick up a tombstone it will be in your sim's inventory and you can go home and place it in your yard. This ghost will then appear at your home; possibly you must "mourn" at the tombstone but I'm not sure if this is necessary. Then you can do the normal interactions with this ghost like with other sims, although some of the interactions vary. And yes you can do the woohoo with a ghost (my sim has done it so I'm not just typing stuff I read somewhere). My best luck with going all the way with my ghostie was doing fun stuff first, like stereo and dance together or turning on the TV, because ghosts are sad and in a bad mood because they're dead, right? So your sim can improve their mood first and then attempt to turn on the charm.

I also received the interaction to invite this ghost to move into my household, but this option wasn't there all the time, so I think this was dependent on the other stuff we'd been doing that specific night or if she were in a good enough mood. When I invited her to move in she became my girlfriend (also listed as partner). I found out a few sim days later that she was a ghost who had died of old age so she was this elder old lady, ha ha, so chances of starting a family with her were probably limited. So I had my sim break up with her and then had her call on the phone and move out.

I also invited a ghost home from the graveyard once and she came home with my sim just like all the other lady sims always do...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Try clicking on all the tombstones at a graveyard and see if you get the option "pick up". If you can pick up a tombstone it will be in your sim's inventory and you can go home and place it in your yard. This ghost will then appear at your home; possibly you must "mourn" at the tombstone but I'm not sure if this is necessary. Then you can do the normal interactions with this ghost like with other sims, although some of the interactions vary. And yes you can do the woohoo with a ghost (my sim has done it so I'm not just typing stuff I read somewhere). My best luck with going all the way with my ghostie was doing fun stuff first, like stereo and dance together or turning on the TV, because ghosts are sad and in a bad mood because they're dead, right? So your sim can improve their mood first and then attempt to turn on the charm.

I also received the interaction to invite this ghost to move into my household, but this option wasn't there all the time, so I think this was dependent on the other stuff we'd been doing that specific night or if she were in a good enough mood. When I invited her to move in she became my girlfriend (also listed as partner). I found out a few sim days later that she was a ghost who had died of old age so she was this elder old lady, ha ha, so chances of starting a family with her were probably limited. So I had my sim break up with her and then had her call on the phone and move out.

I also invited a ghost home from the graveyard once and she came home with my sim just like all the other lady sims always do...

Haha! I'll have to try that! I have been trying to have my one sim start a relationship with one of the ghosts from the graveyard, but he's always in a bad mood. Thanks for the tips

I fall up stairs.
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:32 AM
How do you get a playable ghost? Does it have to be one of your sims, or can you get one ghost to "move in" with you?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnieBonnie
which starvation cheat is that?

To have them die of starvation quickly:

1. Shift+Ctrl+C and enter: testingcheatsenabled true
2. Left-click the mailbox and select "Make Needs Static"
3. Open the Needs tab, and drag the Hunger bar all the way to the left.

The sim will die immediately.

Peace

Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by metaman
as far as i know there are 5 ways for a sim to die:
Starvation
Old age
Drowning: get sim to full tired ness in pool and keep telling the to swin in a direction or they get out (can get out without ladder now) or build walls around the pool
Fire: hardish, but i cook a meal and box my sim in infront of the cooker with beds and counters (can just cancel the cooking action when infront of stove)
Electric shock: make sim tinker or repair an object and i *think* will get an electrical fire (this is by far the hardest)

Anyone know if they can get hit by space rocks and die? I started a new family last night and as i bought the house and selected to move in I got a pop up saying "the house was hit by space rocks and a number of small fires had happend, do you want this challenge?" I said yes and the house was a mess.. small and big rocks eveywhere and dirt piles in all the ground floor rooms.

LE102071, how do you get the needs to stay low? when i use that cheat "make needs static" the needs move up to full and i can't drag them anywhere they just stay full
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:28 PM
Kill a sim take tombstone to the lab they make ghost playable without having to use a cheat code you can have children with them.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boneys26
Anyone know if they can get hit by space rocks and die? I started a new family last night and as i bought the house and selected to move in I got a pop up saying "the house was hit by space rocks and a number of small fires had happend, do you want this challenge?" I said yes and the house was a mess.. small and big rocks eveywhere and dirt piles in all the ground floor rooms.

LE102071, how do you get the needs to stay low? when i use that cheat "make needs static" the needs move up to full and i can't drag them anywhere they just stay full

Oops.. forgot that part.. turn the stats back to dynamic, and then you can drag the bar back... sorry about that...