Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 2:31 PM Last edited by Nadziejka : 20th Feb 2024 at 2:51 PM.
Can't find the right XML
I want to make a mod that changes the maximum number of NPC sims of a certain role. For example, change the maximum number of available NPC maids from 2 to 5, so that if I manually added more maids than 2 in one world, the game won't just delete them the next time I load the save.
I know how to create XML tuning mods, but I have no idea which XML is responsible for these limits. Is it NpcRoles (0x1D845318317FFD35)? If so, why doesn't it contain all available NPC roles?

Edit: okay, it seems that each role has a separate XML where the sim limit is stored, ex. Maid_0xe8658e80a2013073. I can find most of the NPC roles now, but what's the name of the XML responsible for the regular homeless/townie sims?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nadziejka
I want to make a mod that changes the maximum number of NPC sims of a certain role. For example, change the maximum number of available NPC maids from 2 to 5, so that if I manually added more maids than 2 in one world, the game won't just delete them the next time I load the save.
I know how to create XML tuning mods, but I have no idea which XML is responsible for these limits. Is it NpcRoles (0x1D845318317FFD35)? If so, why doesn't it contain all available NPC roles?

Edit: okay, it seems that each role has a separate XML where the sim limit is stored, ex. Maid_0xe8658e80a2013073. I can find most of the NPC roles now, but what's the name of the XML responsible for the regular homeless/townie sims?

Nraas Register.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Inventor
#3 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nadziejka

This is what I have learned in my years of wanting to remove or have some control of the population of Townies/Homeless:

If you open the world you are playing in let's say Sunset Valley in S3PE. You see the families with lots and the townies are preloaded in the world package. One way around this is to find an unpopulated version of the world and use that. (This is why you do not see a gameplay file to have control over them)

Population control can be done with Nraas/Story Progression to limit the number. Master Controller can be used for total annihilation of the population/sim but on a fresh load of that world they come back.

Cawster has a bunch of the worlds unpopulated that I use (not just for caw)- https://cawster.wordpress.com/category/resources

A more advanced solution if you use CAW:

If you want to get more involved into completely altering the world and population this is what I have done.
1. found an unpopulated version of the world
2. Loaded the regular world and used - Nraas - Porter to save the families or sims I want from that world
3. Followed a tutorial on how to populate a world in CAW (I also have replaced some of the houses/fixed some routing issues/removed things I haven't liked about the world)
4. Use that as my replacement world.