Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 3:53 AM
Default Make your own wizard! (Or your wizard-self)
Note that there once, long ago, was a thread of this same type, but as we speak it's probably far, far away, where only the old threads go... lol.
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY ~NOW ACCEPTING STUDENTS~ Enroll Now to Enhance Your Future of Magic!
Attention, fine wizards and witches! The Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is now open once again! The school has recovered from damages and emotional distresses due to the unforgettable horrors caused by Lord Voldemort (now deceased, thanks to Harry Potter) and his followers, the Death Eaters, and has since been fixed up and reopened. We are now enrolling students again! Please send (by Owl Post, of course) your child(ren)'s registration form or, for newcomers, please patiently wait for their Hogwarts acceptance letter to arrive by owl. If your child has not received one, they are unfortunately not a witch or wizard. Also please note that we have new teachers and a Headmaster. Headmaster Randolph Poppyridge will welcome all new students inside the school on the day they come. So come one, come all, and send in your child(ren)'s registration forms now! Registration closes July 30th. Returning students will receive a different form by Owl Post.
-----------------------
Haha, I really wanted to write that introduction to give some unnecessary background following the last book/movie's events. (Note that the very last movie of Harry Potter is still not out.) Anyway, for the sake of this thread, I'm gonna reply later with my own witch/wizard. The basic "rules" about this are simple and reasonable: don't spam this thread with your wizards. I'm gonna have to say that six wizards/witches are enough to post about, you can't go over that limit for spam purposes. This isn't a game, just a fun thread where you make up your own witch/wizard. No creatures, all are human teenagers or pre-teens.
FORM:
-------------
Name:
Grade:
House:
On a Quidditch Team?: Y/N
If so, what role are they? (Seeker, beater, chaser, etc.)
Muggle-born?: Y/N
Favorite Hogwarts Subject:
Least Favorite Subject:
Wand (example below):
Background Story (parents, where they're from, etc.):
Some extra details (are they a bully, popular, lonely but smart, annoying but good-looking, etc. Be as specific as you choose.):
Picture (OPTIONAL; can be a drawing or photo taken off Google Images or something, doesn't matter who's in the picture as long as you mean for them to be your witch/wizard):

------
You can add more information if you'd like.
Wand example
For filling out the information about your wizard's wand, make something up. An example is, "A wand with a unicorn tail hair in it, some twigs, etc." Since I'm not very familiar with the stuff those wizards put in the wands they buy and use, I can't really give so much of a good example. If you haven't a clue as to what to write, either, you can describe what the wand looks like. For example, "shiny and white but with a hint of blue, its handle made to look like a dark gray snake."

ENTJ
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 3:53 AM Last edited by Lavaster : 24th Feb 2011 at 4:28 AM.
Note that there once, long ago, was a thread of this same type, but as we speak it's probably far, far away, where only the old threads go... lol.
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY ~NOW ACCEPTING STUDENTS~ Enroll Now to Enhance Your Future of Magic!
Attention, fine wizards and witches! The Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is now open once again! The school has recovered from damages and emotional distresses due to the unforgettable horrors caused by Lord Voldemort (now deceased, thanks to Harry Potter) and his followers, the Death Eaters, and has since been fixed up and reopened. We are now enrolling students again! Please send (by Owl Post, of course) your child(ren)'s registration form or, for newcomers, please patiently wait for their Hogwarts acceptance letter to arrive by owl. If your child has not received one, they are unfortunately not a witch or wizard. Also please note that we have new teachers and a Headmaster. Headmaster Randolph Poppyridge will welcome all new students inside the school on the day they come. So come one, come all, and send in your child(ren)'s registration forms now! Registration closes July 30th. Returning students will receive a different form by Owl Post.
-----------------------
Haha, I really wanted to write that introduction to give some unnecessary background following the last book/movie's events. (Note that the very last movie of Harry Potter is still not out.) Anyway, for the sake of this thread, I'm gonna reply later with my own witch/wizard. The basic "rules" about this are simple and reasonable: don't spam this thread with your wizards. I'm gonna have to say that six wizards/witches are enough to post about, you can't go over that limit for spam purposes. This isn't a game, just a fun thread where you make up your own witch/wizard. No creatures, all are human teenagers or pre-teens.
FORM:
-------------
Name: Gisselle Kachadorian
Grade: 4 (I think it's supposed to be 4, based on her age)
House: Gryffindor
On a Quidditch Team?: Y
If so, what role are they?: Chaser
Muggle-born?: N
Favorite Hogwarts Subject: Defense Against the Dark Arts
Least Favorite Subject: Quoted by Gisselle, "That dumb herbs class with the plants and the soil and whatnot."
Wand: A completely white wand consisting of unicorn tail hairs and other magical nature things. Its handle is the shape of a swan.
Background Story: Gisselle's parents are Bryce and Brittney Kachadorian. Gisselle has an older sister, Laci, who is 21 years old. Laci works with the Ministry of Magic in the artifacts department but is thinking of quitting to open her own wizard clothing store, which, as Laci says, is supposed to bring modern style and fashion into the wizard world by combining modern Muggle trends and such into wizard robes. Gisselle hope to join her sister when she grows older. Anyways, Gisselle doesn't easily fall in love. And when she does, it's usually either with a guy out of her league or a guy she later ends up not liking anymore.
Some extra details: Gisselle does not believe in fate and can be easily scared. She also currently is crushing on a sweet, funny wizard at school... if she could only get his attention... maybe Quidditch would help. After all, Gisselle makes an exceptional Chaser!
Picture: Maybe I'll post one later. For now, I'll say that Gisselle has light brown hair with golden highlights in messy waves. (But it doesn't look like she just got out of bed; it's the pretty kind of messy waves, if ya know what I mean.) She has bright green eyes and smooth, usually-a-bit-pale-but-tans-too-easily skin.

ENTJ
Forum Resident
#3 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 4:16 AM
This is a strange thread to start, since I'm sure most of us actually are spellweavers in real life.

... Right?

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 4:29 AM
What do you mean? It's based on Harry Potter, lol. Someone made a thread just like this a long time ago, but it's too old to add onto.

ENTJ
Theorist
#5 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 10:08 PM
I wanna play but I've never read a HP book, so I can't answer all the questions correctly.

Name / Sex / Age: Vhas Ektomi, Male, 17
Quidditch?: Definitely not
Favorite Subjects?: Arts of Illusion, Public Speech
Least Favorite Subjects?: Whichever subject requires too much talent
Role: Motivator and Crowd Rouser
Wand: Only as effective as it must be, the rest is ordinary material

It is a certainty that Vhas is not brilliant or excellent in any genuine way. Pressure and pride have granted his ordinary brain the power of success in devising the illusion that he can hang with his betters. His memory is a rolodex of canned, rotating reactions and his eyes and ears are always disposed to examine the personalities of others for bits and pieces that he can borrow and use for his own gain. That gain would be attention from others. Not too much attention, as to appear a stage hog, but enough to make an impression that he believes will add up as time passes.

Vhas does not care about being correct or wise, only to be interesting. But he will also go to great motions to avoid looking like quite the fool. This does not mean that he will risk trying new material frequently, but he will usually play it safe. If there is a situation where he must act or advise and there is a small chance that he could be made an ass, then he has already premeditated an excuse to worm out of it and recommend someone else to replace him. When called to do his job he knows that if he sounds convicted of his belief then the sheep will eat the ephemerally satisfying grass he throws them.

And now, a brief look into his future: It looked good for Vhas, as he had managed to butter up the right people, but he spent too much effort in impressing everyone and not enough in developing useful skills. He couldn't break out of the mold and had to work for the school doing their advertising and promotion. He may never escape Hogwarts and have to begin working as a teacher. This would be for basic classes like incantation enunciation or intermediate spellcaster preparation and stances.