Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 12:45 AM
Default Infected Politics
I didn't know the date. I don't think anyone did. It didn't really matter though. I guessed it was about 2053. But no one could be sure of anything anymore. Not after the government completely took over. The government controls everything now. Their soldiers hunt for people not in a uniform. Not on their side.

I've managed to escape to Washington, D.C. There the government has their tower. It's a tall, cylindrical building that reaches high into the clouds. It where they work, where they control the soldiers, the bombings, the conspiracies. All from that tower. And below them, thousands of feet, a once proud city, lies in despair. People fighting to just live another dreadful day. People starve as their families die. Others flee to another city hoping for something better, but it's not there. Sometimes they die on the way, sometimes they don't even make it out of the city. Hey, you're lucky if you're alive was what many thought at first. But now, at times, you wish you had a swift death like so many the night it first began.

At first everyone though the Russians, or Germans had attacked, but that wasn't it. When the government finally announced what had really happened, people began to revolt. And then the war began. Not just within the country, but all over the world. People pointing fingers at others to blame them just to get out of their own problems. It finally failed, and before long, the United Nations was gone. Third world countries became ravaged by war. And home countries became devastated by bombings, sometimes by their own government to get rid of revolter's and enemies alike. Soon, no one cared what happened to the innocent, and to the governments, why should they, they had to protect themselves from the enemy, and often, those around them. And over the years, things just kept going down. Entire cities were abandoned, whether it was death, illness, or lack of food or water, people just had to move on.

I thought I was going to die a few years back when I ran into some Delta soldiers. Genetically enhanced to be quicker and stronger than a regular human, you don't want to mess with them. But last time I saw them them, they were after an important government official who had hid refuge in an old bomb shelter. So when they came after me, I had no clue to why? It was after they punched me a few times, and threw me against the wall, that I realized they weren't after me. It figured though. After that I didn't want to mess with the government. Now, looking back on the whole incident, it just makes me wonder, have people really become this corrupted? Can we ever return to a regular society like before? I turned around and went back to the street. My jeans had several rips, my shirt was ripped also, my leather jacket had a hole in the left pocket and my shotgun hung on my back. I had been a mechanic before, which helped now to have a working vehicle, but gas was often hard to find. Being 6' 3', and having worked out when I got a chance, I would often have to push my truck to the nearest gas station. Often though, they weren't far. I got in the old modified F-350 and began to drive down the road. I pulled into an old parking garage. That's were I was going to stay the night.

It is a work in progress, but still, comment.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 1:38 PM
I love it! I enjoy dark stories such as this one!
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 3:00 AM
thanks you, also rest of the story to be continued at the following - http://storysharer.xphpbb.com