Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#401 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
Oh my dear, why is it so?

Well, they're not exactly banned. But was done as protest against a policy.

Since January 2011 the Directorate General of Customs applied import duties/tax on distribution rights. So Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and Ikapifi (Indonesian Movie Imports Association(?)) protested the policy of the Customs applying tax on imported film distribution rights.

MPAA, Ikapifi and Indonesian cinema entrepreneurs assume tax on the distribution rights as something unusual. As a result of the policy, Ikapifi decided not to import films from outside Indonesia. While, MPAA refused to distribute Hollywood production to Indonesia.

And the decision not to show films is valid until the terms about the import tax on film distribution rights revoked.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#402 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 8:13 AM
Born and partly raised in Toronto, Canada! Mostly grew up in a rural area. In a small city for university, home for the summer.
Field Researcher
#403 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 1:47 AM
Raleigh, North Cackalacky! (haha, I mean Carolina. Southerners, southerners...:p) I live about 20 minutes away from the hospital I was born at.♥
Test Subject
#404 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 8:18 AM
I'm from Denmark, and I live in Denmark. Lived a few years in/ On Greenland, though.
Test Subject
#405 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 7:26 PM
Default Hi !
I'm from Algeria :D
Alchemist
#406 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 7:42 PM
Born in the Netherlands, Lived in a city/town for 12 years. Now living in the middle of nowhere in Germany

I come in peace
#407 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 7:46 PM
I'm from California and still living in California.
Lab Assistant
#408 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 7:58 PM
stevenage, hertfordshire in the uk
Lab Assistant
#409 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 8:43 PM
Oak Ridge, Tennessee. I now live a few miles away from there. Let me tell you something: I am NOT a hillbilly.

This is a signature, worship it and it will love you forever.
Lab Assistant
#410 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 12:47 PM
I lived many years in Barcelona but we finally moved to Reus, another city in Catalonia (at north east of Spain).
They said it's the craddle of catalonian modernism. Reus is the place of bitrh of Antonio Gaudi and some other modernist architech.
Going for a walk here is an everyday pleasure as you enjoy the beautiful "Casa Navàs" or the "casa Rull" and the "casa Serra" or the architechture museum . (and this is just the begining. Reus' streets are full of places like these).
I didn't knew living here was going to be a pleasure for my eyes. I'm still missing some shops or things of a big city like Barcelona, because Reus is just a small town but I'm doing well.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Test Subject
#411 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 9:33 AM
I was born in south Africa then moved to New Zealand at 9 and soon I am going to Australia next year
Test Subject
#412 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 4:50 PM
I'm from a little city in germany xD not so special, but my lovely home x3
Test Subject
#413 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 8:22 PM
I was born in Poland, Cracow and I still live here
Mad Poster
#414 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Julieryc
I live near another bridge connecting the US to Ontario...bit farther south than the Soo, though.
'

Would that be the Bluewater Bridge?

I've been to Port Huron, long time ago.
Scholar
#415 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 1:38 AM
Born in Montana, raised in Washington. Never lived outside the U.S.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Scholar
#416 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:54 AM
Southern North America.

I really want to move up North. Way up North.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#417 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:27 PM
LAANDAAANN, England.

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#418 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 7:54 PM
Born and raised in Stockholm, Sweden. I now live in a small harbor town on the southern east coast of Sweden.
Test Subject
#419 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by animera
I'm in Auckland, New Zealand at the moment, but I come from South Africa. It's winter at the moment and I miss sunny SA, but they say winter doesn't last for ever...

You're from South Africa too? :o Wow I figured I was the only one here.

A lot of us have been moving over to Australia and New Zealand. I like South Africa well enough but I wouldn't mind getting to see more of the world.
Top Secret Researcher
#420 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 10:15 PM
Budapest, Hungary

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Scholar
#421 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 11:57 PM
I live in Ohio.
Top Secret Researcher
#422 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 12:11 AM
Wokingham, Berkshire, England.

Not the most interesting town in the world, but we do have nice architecture and a surprising number of good restaurants.

Field Researcher
#423 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 3:28 PM
Im from just outside London in a county called Hertfordshire, i live on a fairly rough council estate, but its home

I go to Uni in Coventry.

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Test Subject
#424 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 12:25 AM
Oregon, California. It rains a majority of the year here. =[
Test Subject
#425 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Wokingham, Berkshire, England.

Not the most interesting town in the world, but we do have nice architecture and a surprising number of good restaurants.

I want to visit England!
Page 17 of 20