Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Harder Celebrity Difficulty & More (Late Night)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 4th Nov 2010 at 12:29 PM - Updated 13th Sep 2012 at 8:09 AM by HystericalParoxysm

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 109 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
Test Subject
#126 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 6:52 AM
ok nvm i found out how to do it but when i installed ur mod in my game it only let u do romantic interactions (only gove flowers) and thats it!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#127 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 10:02 AM
1evilcutie - This mod would not cause that. Something else you downloaded must be doing it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#128 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 3:11 AM
ty for anwsering back
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#129 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 8:47 AM
Absolutely fantastic! I liked the Celebrity thing, when I was playing Bridgeport, since it fit the big city. It is also okay in Sunset Valley, and in a small way in Barnacle Bay and Hidden Springs, but it is FAR out of place in Riverview a farming community, and Twinbrook, which to me, seems to be a poorer kind of town, that is recovering from bad times. I can't imagine any celebrities wanting to live in either town. I also find the "disgraceful" behavior thing to be ridiculous and highly annoying! It's an all around DUMB idea! A cheating celebrity is NO news to anyone, since they ALL do it sooner or later! And how big of news flash would it be if ANYONE accidentally peed themselves in public? Sure, some might think it was funny, or something to gossip about, but most would prefer to look away and not see anything at all, while others might feel very sympathetic. It COULD happen to anyone! What I'd really like to see changed is the celebrity for everyone idea. It's kind of dumb, when your elder Sim, who walks with a cane, gets a call from his "Agent" who tells him/her to go work out for awhile. These agent calls become very annoying very quickly, if you aren't wanting your Sims to be celebrities. Even worse, is the Paparazzi always lurking about on private property, snapping pictures of everyone in the household, and writing down juicy gossip. I try to fence in my families' yards and lock the gate, to keep the Paparazzi out, but this also makes it tough for family friends, repair people, and Maids to get onto the property. The Modder who can get rid of the Celebrity idea, and make it optional, for certain Sims ONLY, will be my hero!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 4:22 PM
Finally. Celebrity status is like a bad virus in my games, I hate it!

This is amazing and very very needed.
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:03 AM
Will this have to be updated for Pets?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#132 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:18 AM
Yes, it will need updating - I'm not sure if it's actually busted, but some of the text in the XMLs has changed so I'll be updating it soon. It's just a lot of text and I've been busy lately but I'm working on it.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Yes, it will need updating - I'm not sure if it's actually busted, but some of the text in the XMLs has changed so I'll be updating it soon. It's just a lot of text and I've been busy lately but I'm working on it.

I can confirm that it's not actually busted (or at least hasn't made my game go up in fire). Haven't done extensive testing though.

This signature has been censored because of the 13 year old badly written sentimentalism. -.-
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#134 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 1:52 AM
I am super relieved to hear you are doing an update - this is the one mod that I find it difficult to play the game without, as I just get so frustrated by how easy it is for sims to become a celebrity by accident and it messes up the whole neighbourhood for me. I love The Sims, but EA implement some good ideas really badly - celebrities was one, and memories are another.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 4:55 AM
Thank you! Favorite mod ever! Most annoying thing that came with Late Night was how unbelievably easy it was to become a celeb. Within one day the whole town are celebs!! Thank you for all of your time and effort! <3 Can't wait for the update
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#136 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 10:27 PM
It's great to see that you're updating this! I'm going to download the current version since someone's said above that it's not seeming to affect the game. I forgot all about this mod until my no-celeb sim just became a 2 star celebrity by delivering a serving of food to a random sim. This is more of just a test sim since I Just installed Pets and actually reinstalled the base game plus ALL expansions and stuff packs. So much downloading to do again.
Test Subject
#137 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 6:01 AM
Thank you!

It was crazy that the baby disliked a single mom right after birth, with a relationship penalty, loss of friendship and huge negative moodlet for the child (from losing a friend). Like a day-old baby would know or care what the paparazzi think! EA clearly didn't think this through.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#138 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 10:45 AM
I got the medium difficulty, default falsely accused chance and it works great.
This is an amazing mod, thanks a lot.
Field Researcher
#139 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 1:30 PM
Just a clarification on the update. so, this mod will also affect townies? so that not every sim is a celeb?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#140 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 1:32 PM
No - this only affects sims in your active household.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#141 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 5:18 AM
Thanks for the response.
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Majuchan
Just a clarification on the update. so, this mod will also affect townies? so that not every sim is a celeb?

Has it been updated for Pets?

Check out Pleasantview the Soap Opera 🎥
Field Researcher
#143 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Doons99P
Has it been updated for Pets?

I'm playing with Pets and using this, and it seems to be working perfectly fine. I've got the mod that makes it nearly impossible to become a celebrity.
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayleena
I'm playing with Pets and using this, and it seems to be working perfectly fine. I've got the mod that makes it nearly impossible to become a celebrity.

Thank you

Check out Pleasantview the Soap Opera 🎥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#145 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 3:44 PM
I've been hoping for a mod like this since Late Night. The celebrity thing gets old very fast! And there is no need for everyone in town to be a celeb of some sort. That's so lame! I also hate the Paparazzi...they're always spying on people, bothering them when the last they want is to be bothered by the media, sneaking around on private property. It's almost impossible to keep them off of your Sims' property! I DON'T want all of my Sims to be celebs, and i don't want the Paparazzi hounding them all the time. I also hate those stupid rumors that pop up to humiliate your Sims and give them bad moodlets. So, I opted for the download with the least likely chance for my Sims to become celebrities, and the least likely chance for them being disgraced. Thanks so much for sharing this with!
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 7:30 AM
Is this going to be updated for Pets? I had this in and my sim just had a blank page when I go to the check their celebrity status. The stars do show up at least. However they are getting punished for no reason. No pop ups as to why they the public doesn't like them.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#147 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 6:14 PM
I just got back into playing sims 3 and my first sim was a celeb by the end of her work day, then her husband when she kissed him, then the kids when they came along. Ugh! I just wanted a non-celeb family.

Thank you for this. Now, I can play my sims and they won't be 5 star celebs after just going to work for a few days.
Test Subject
#148 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:25 AM
Has this mod been updated yet? Does it work without the update?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#149 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 8:44 AM
I'm a little sad. I've got this mod installed, and it's working perfectly. I didn't have a sim becoming a celebrity by accident. But my sim just got a promotion to Music Talent Scout and suddenly gained a star. I've got the Ultra Difficult mod sitting in my folder.

... welp, I think I may have found the cause of this. He's friends with a 4 star and 3 star celebrity (both co-workers), while his boss is a 5 star. But he's not friends with his boss.

Is it possible for you, in your spare time of course, to maybe make an additional flavor of this mod and make it insanely impossible to become a celeb? This is more of an idea than a request. I'm certainly not going to be sad if you decide not to make an extra flavor.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 1:58 PM
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!
I don't think you quite understand how in love I am with you right now! I needed this extremely badly. I was considering just getting all the celebrities in one place and setting them on fire really quickly (you know, to end that horrid cycle) but NO! You saved them! Congrats, you're a hero!
xD
Page 6 of 9