Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 2:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Alternate Career Selecting
i'm not sure what to even what to make the title because I'm not sure how to really put it in short words.

Missyhissy posted the Medic Career and I want my sims to automatically choose this as the career instead of the medical career the game already has. I have other careers in my game but I have to make them have that job instead of them picking it themselves even if they have the prefect traits or skills.

Is there a way to make sims automatically select careers I've added to the game instead of the base game careers? And is it possible to disable them from automatically choosing the base game careers?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 6:30 PM
If you are using NRaas StoryProgression, you can disallow sims from entering/staying in specific careers at the Town (Caste, Household, Sim) Options level. But I don't know that sims will pick up custom careers on their own, especially if they have a LTW aligned with an EA career, except to be co-workers for sims already placed there. If sims are not going to flock to the custom career on their own, you could assign it using MasterController. Less convenient certainly, but still an option.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 7:26 PM
Thank you, hopefully if I disallow medical, they might choose medic since its the closest thing to medical other than science. I dunno, I guess just pipe dreaming lol