Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 4:42 AM
Default I am so lost!
So after years of playing the Sims/Sims2/Sims3 I finally decided to come on here and start to see how the MOD stuff works because, well honestly, it looks pretty cool.
I started to try and download a Mod the cigarette smoking one. I read all of what to do when downloading and even downloaded 7zip.
My problem is Norton Security. When I went to download I got this:
'No cookies found!

No valid MTS login could be found. Please note that you must be logged into MTS to use this server.

Reasons for this not working are:

If you are logged in, then make sure you aren't using any kind of cookie blocker, like Norton Internet Security.
Try allowing "modthesims.info" in your security software for cookies.
MAKE SURE you have ticked the "Remember Me" option when logging in. If you do not, then you will not be able to download.
Generated by getfile.php'

Now I am lost and don't know what to do. I have looked up other anti virus software but I have no idea what one would work best, nor do I want to spend a lot of money or money at all.

I also understand after looking up stuff for an hour and having experience myself, Norton sucks, I know. So if you could help me that would be greatly appreciated, if not well.. thank you anyways

-Kayg9

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 5:55 AM
Did you try logging in using the "remember me" option that you mentioned?

Did you try looking under the "Site" section (in the blue bar at the top of the page)? I went there and found this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=240672.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 6:40 AM
If you think norton is the problem, right click the Norton icon in the taskbar area, and turn off NIS (Norton Internet Security) then try to download again.
If that is the problem you need to configure the NIS to allow cookies (should be able to, haven't worked with NIS or any Norton product for ages tho), and you should be solid again.

If you have a legal windows installed and don't like Norton, you can always try Security Essentials, its a good avarage and its free if your windows is legit.

The 3D Studio Max Meshing guides: Part 1: Simple Meshing in 3D Studio Max
Iff freedom was outlawed only outlaws would have freedom.
True piracy is an art, having a Amiga tune doesn't make you the old school pirate.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 7:48 AM
AVG and Avast! are two of the best anti-viruses available, and both are free. Of course, I'd always recommend replacing Norton f you have it - but do remember that it could be your browser settings, not Norton, which is preventing you from downloading.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.