Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Part-time Hermit
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 7:49 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 6th Mar 2005 at 8:08 AM.
Default Maxis object duplicates?
I've noticed that, in SimPE, sometimes two versions of the same Maxis object show up. So far, I've seen it happen with some doors (but not all). For example, there are two Walnut Doors, but their object numbers are different, and the preview images appear to be from different angles. Does anyone know why? And does it matter with recoloring? I tried recoloring the Walnut Door (just one of them), and it seems to work just fine in the game, from all angles.

Edited to add some screenshots.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 8:12 AM
I have a feeling that some objects require two different versions so they can function on diagonal walls... That would make sense with the doors duplicating at any rate.
One of those Maxoids
#3 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 8:19 AM
That is correct--we have one version for normal placement and one version for diagonal doors in most cases.
Part-time Hermit
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Mar 2005 at 9:17 AM
Ahh, ok, that's what I suspected. The recolor I made seems to work fine on both straight and diagonal walls, so it seems the diagonal version is automatically created, as well, when you recolor the regular version? Kind of like with some of the endtables and coffee tables that use the same textures?