Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:32 PM
Default Mesh disappearing in live mode
Hi,

I made a mesh from cloning the bear toy, and it shows up fine in TSR Workshop and in Buy Mode in Sims 3. But in Live Mode, the mesh disappears into a shadow. I tried switching the two groups in Milkshape (since I know that can cause problems) but that didn't help either.

I made the mesh from scratch instead of manipulating a current Sims 3 mesh, so I don't know if that would cause the problem.

The programs I'm using is Milkshape and the TSR Workshop.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:41 PM
The toy uses a rig(skeleton) and the bear has boneassignements
Maybe forgot to assigne the mesh with boneassignements?

I once made a doll and making it animate correct is pretty time consuming.
Use the bear as reference in Milkshape
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 8:50 PM
I had no idea you had to assign bones to objects. Is it the same as assigning the bones to a hair mesh? If not, is there a tutorial or could you explain how to assign bones to the doll? Sorry if I'm asking a lot. When first making objects, I would manipulate the EA base objects, but this is the first object I did by making it completely by scratch.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 4:48 AM
Yup, it is
Have alook at the bear and click the joints in the joint tab, then selassigned.
The vertices will highlight, if i remember correct there are 10 or 11 joints
Head(and neck maybe)
body
upperarm
lowerarm
pelvis
thigh
calf

You can assigne the whole mesh to the body joint, but then it wont animate so nice.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 5:43 AM
Thank you so much.
Is there anything else that might have caused the mesh to become invisible in live mode, or is it just the bone assignments are not there?
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 7:36 AM
It think its the missing assignements, assigne the mesh to one joint and go check ingame
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 7:34 PM
Thank you for your help. I will assign the bones to the correct spot and see if that works.