Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:22 PM
*Vent* Not a Happy Customer
I played sims 4 for 40 hours and I had an issue where I couldn't move young adult sims out so I wrote to EA and EA requested that I repair my game without backing up my game I trusted them, sooo all my sims that I had in the game prior to the repair all aged up from adults to elders and all adults are now considered dead, all babies and children were now either children or adults Some of my family members were missing.from certain households.

Apparently when I installed my game it was already corrupted

As you might be gathering, y..e...a...h. I've lost all my legacy families that I built from scratch and I had 2 legacy families that I was bouncing off from each other planning to marry the children into each family, all that hard work all gone *cry a river*

I can't get a refund from the store I bought it from because its a PC game (the code is a one time use) and EA won't give me a refund or a partial refund either (I called them up directly). I've decided to *theoretically* bin the game, as much as I would love to, I might as well put $140 cash in the bin, yes in Australia we get ripped off and it was the collector's edition with a USB (that I have no plans of using) I have no intention of playing this game as EA can't guarantee that this reinstall could be corrupted as well... Ridiculous...

I'm not sure if the demo sims being transferred into the game was the cause or just sheer bad luck, it seems ever since after sims 2 I've had no luck with the sims 3 installing expansion packs and sims 4 being corrupted <.< *mumble*

Definitely not a happy customer.

I appreciate the thought however please don't try and help by suggesting to repair the game and uninstall and reinstall, I've already been through these steps and the repair twice.

If anyone can learn anything, don't listen to EA if they say don't back up your game prior to repairing because you could loose all your data
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:24 PM
Ouch. You have my compassion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:28 PM
Worst thing is, all my old data comes back to haunt me after the reinstall, all my old families are still looking at me begging me to play them and all I want to do is run in the opposite direction.

I can't delete my old data either *bangs head on the wall*

Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Ouch. You have my compassion.
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:31 PM
Actually, someone was saying in another thread that you can delete the whole town and start from scratch, if that's what you want. I haven't tried it myself, but apparently deleting the directory does the trick.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 12:40 PM
There you go, yeah, quite frankly I ain't gonna touch a game that apparently has the potential to be corrupted again... ...

Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
Actually, someone was saying in another thread that you can delete the whole town and start from scratch, if that's what you want. I haven't tried it myself, but apparently deleting the directory does the trick.
Alchemist
#6 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 2:28 PM
@elysian4 Yeah, I think a whole lot of us will end up picking shrapnel out of our gaming hides with this game pretty soon. Too bad, really. It has so much going for it, but a rush job just never pays off in the end.
Too bad we aren't recompensed for being beta testers.