Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 1:16 PM
Default Editting Visual Object Effects
Hey all,

Recently, I ventured into making functional CC and so I arrived at my wish to create an irrigation system for my sims because I hate manually watering plants. Using the water emitters as my base, I already have a reference object from which I can clone my system that both does what it needs to do and has a visual effect.

The problem I am having is that I am trying to create floor, tap, and drip irrigation systems which means that I would like to change the object's original visual effect so that is starts higher up, or is inversed (ceiling-hung drip). Important to note here is that I am not looking into editting the visual effect itself (I would try if it could be done but one step at a time) but simply wish to change its point of origin and orientation. I tried fiddling with the object's rig and slot rotation and orientation values but neither changed the in-game visual effect of my emitter.

I think what I have to do is, somehow, change the visual effect recall (originating from the effect slot) of my object. The problem is, I can not find any reference object to help me achieve this, neither can I find the referencing information in the original emitter object file, nor can I find the original file that holds the information of this visual water effect. This is furthermore important because, without this information, I do not know how to add an additional state to my object without its visual effect so that I can have sims turned the system on or off (ideally the system could search for plants that need watering within its area of effect but I doubt my coding skills are good enough to achieve this).

I have no idea how to continue with my objects because I can not figure out how to edit (or edit the recall/position/orientation) of the emitter's visual effect. I figured someone here might be able to help me look in the right direction so that I can continue on my irrigation system adventure (yes this is a real thing!).

Thanks in advance for your time and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Kinds regard,
Phyre