Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 1:21 AM
Default Am I Doing This Right? (Lots Built In Game)
Hi, this is probably an easy one, but I want to double check before putting too much time into it. In my world I'm making the major community lot spaces with the same sizes as in Sunset Valley. When I'm not working on the world, I'd like to work on the lots themselves in game. So to do that, all I'd have to do is use a Sunset Valley, bulldoze the community lot, flatten it, then build on it, copy it to the library, then when I go into "edit in game" they'll be available and able to be placed. Yeah?

If I've got that right, I'm also wondering about the lots in Sunset Valley that were created on hills. When I flatten them they've got that wall-like edge, so will that present major problems when doing it the way I described? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 4:01 AM
Well, reflattening em after you place em in your game should work... but I'd try it with one lot first to make sure before you do em all.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 8:09 AM
Why not use a working copy of your world with all flat lots and build on that? I don't think the lots created on hills will work how you want - you want a perfectly flat lot.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 6:10 PM
Well I was looking for the easiest way, but if no one's saying "oh yeah, those lots will work fine," then I should do it the way you're suggesting. I haven't tried a copy of my world in game yet, and was sure I'd mess something up if I did that now, but I'll have to test it at some point. Might as well get used to it before my world gets even more full. Thanks.