Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1326 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Where the heck is this dresser coming from ?

The Get Famous EP

You can tell easily by the icon in the corner of the thumbnail pic within the catalogue, btw..
the icon for Get Famous is a director chair.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1327 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 9:53 PM
Is there a way to choose which townies you see around the world? Whenever my Sims are out, they always run into the same game generated Sims and barely any of the ones I made myself.

At one point I didn't even realize one of my saves was HEAVILY populated with Sims that I made because I only ever see the same ten ugly NPCs

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#1328 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Is there a way to choose which townies you see around the world? Whenever my Sims are out, they always run into the same game generated Sims and barely any of the ones I made myself.

At one point I didn't even realize one of my saves was HEAVILY populated with Sims that I made because I only ever see the same ten ugly NPCs

There's a thread just about this issue (issue for some people..)
with a link to a mod by Coolspear (a series of mods) that deal with this exact issue
look at the recent threads..
Mad Poster
#1329 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:04 PM
Wow. That is literally right under this thread. How the hell did I miss that? "Stupid questions" indeed XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#1330 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Except...

May I say... GOTCHA!

You are right. it's from the free update with the fashion designer Career, or whatever it was called..
my bad
Field Researcher
#1331 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Drop the LE file over at MCCC discord
https://discord.gg/ezb6h2M
That link/invite is no longer valid, but I followed the directions over at the MCCC website. Took out all my mods, including MCCC, and I got the same error when I restarted the game. Repaired my game, then ran it again with all my mods installed -- and presto, no error.

I'm still somewhat intrigued by the thought of an "unpickling error" though. My Google searches have come up empty on it, and I've never heard anyone in the community mention this particular error. (They may very well have mentioned it, but I just didn't notice.)
Scholar
#1332 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 9:17 PM
More a question for the Trait Creator...? If I make one, how can I alter what 'animation' is played when picking the trait in CAS? I made the Sweet Trait, but picking it in CAS has the sim use the Athletic animation of jogging in place. I've seen the Feminine trait use the Family-Oriented trait animation. I don't recall seeing an option for that in the instructions for making a trait.

I also read someone managed to increase the speed their game runs by turning their internet connection off? (Not just the no-in-game internet connection thing, but just turning their pc's internet off?)
dodgy builder
#1333 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 10:08 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 14th Dec 2018 at 10:20 PM.
I have a little question. I wonder where the finished videos are kept. I have found the music tapes in the library or whatever it's called in English, but the videos are not kept in the same place. I just want to sell them, because I can't make anymore videos, it says the storage is full.

Nevermind, I had to click check the video storage, it's called something different in my language naturally.
Scholar
#1334 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 7:16 AM
I see Build Mode having an option to Move Lot. Is it actually possible to do that? I would like to grab this 15x20 lot (longer to the back) and turn it sideways (longer to the sides), but whenever I try that, it just reverts to its original position. If you really can't move the lot at all (because there is no room at all around the lot) why is this even an option?

On a different note, any tips on how to make more distinct Sims in CAS? I find it especially difficult to make a 'cute' Japanese character. I know it's difficult to make anime-ish characters, even in Sims 4, but I somehow cannot get a nice, round and sweet face in. There's always something... caucasian about them that shouldn't be there. This may sound weird, but I'm really trying to make a very Japanese-looking character, and it feels like the CAS moving/sliding won't let me. (I know there are sliders added, but is there like a slider x2 range mod yet, like in Sims 3?)
Scholar
#1335 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I see Build Mode having an option to Move Lot. Is it actually possible to do that? I would like to grab this 15x20 lot (longer to the back) and turn it sideways (longer to the sides), but whenever I try that, it just reverts to its original position. If you really can't move the lot at all (because there is no room at all around the lot) why is this even an option?

You should be able to do that, since the lot isn't a true square, turning it 90° with certainly clip the lot, (So you would want to make sure your most important parts of it is in the green zone), it's flexible this way, technically a 60x60 can be adjusted to be placed on a 15x20 lot but you will lose a hell of a lot of it...
Scholar
#1336 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
You should be able to do that, since the lot isn't a true square, turning it 90° with certainly clip the lot, (So you would want to make sure your most important parts of it is in the green zone), it's flexible this way, technically a 60x60 can be adjusted to be placed on a 15x20 lot but you will lose a hell of a lot of it...

Green zone? I tried to flip the 15x20 lot that the Cozy Cabana in Willow Creek originates it (bulldozed, so it's empty), and it just won't let me. I try, it always snaps back to how it was before.
Scholar
#1337 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 10:57 AM
Green zone? I tried to flip the 15x20 lot that the Cozy Cabana in Willow Creek originates it (bulldozed, so it's empty), and it just won't let me. I try, it always snaps back to how it was before.

You can't flip the lot itself, you can only flip what's on it (terrain/house/everything like that)
Scholar
#1338 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
You can't flip the lot itself, you can only flip what's on it (terrain/house/everything like that)

Crap. I hate that because most of the lots are just not a size I feel comfortable with building on. (I've gotten really used to making small houses)

I just got Parenthood, so I'm gonna look what mods might be good to have for that. I know there's one that lets adults play voidcritter.
Scholar
#1339 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 10:43 AM
Okay, am I being stupid? If I download a default skin/skinblend/skinwhatever replacement, I just need to place it into my mods folder, and it should work, right? But wouldn't this mean that the skins now have the wrench-icon on it, that indicates some custom content? If yes, that hasn't happened... and I sure as heck can't tell the difference between the default EA skin and what replacement I grabbed. I was hoping to find a good default replacement skin, so that all the townies would have it and look better, too, but... if they do, I see no difference. I might have to make do with getting a CC skin and just having my household use it. (Or go insane and manage every household around and give them the skin...)
Scholar
#1340 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 11:27 AM
Okay, am I being stupid? If I download a default skin/skinblend/skinwhatever replacement, I just need to place it into my mods folder, and it should work, right? But wouldn't this mean that the skins now have the wrench-icon on it, that indicates some custom content? If yes, that hasn't happened... and I sure as heck can't tell the difference between the default EA skin and what replacement I grabbed. I was hoping to find a good default replacement skin, so that all the townies would have it and look better, too, but... if they do, I see no difference. I might have to make do with getting a CC skin and just having my household use it. (Or go insane and manage every household around and give them the skin...)

Default = Override = no wrench icon, afaik
and you can use MCCC to set which percentage of the townies will wear cc skins, and set it to max
but if it's a default skin it won't be considered cc skin and everyone would wear it as default anyways

and if you're new to cc, you probably need to go into your game options > Other and enable CC usage. it's disabled as default..
Scholar
#1341 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 12:34 PM
No, the options are turned on; I know CC well, but not for Sims 4. It seems like several 'rules' for CC were vastly changed for Sims 4.
I dunno, I guess I will try out a non-default CC skin; see if I can even notice any difference. I'm not using a CC skin that looks very realistic, most of the CC I grab is supposed to be maxis-match-ish.
Scholar
#1342 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 1:51 PM
No, the options are turned on; I know CC well, but not for Sims 4. It seems like several 'rules' for CC were vastly changed for Sims 4.
I dunno, I guess I will try out a non-default CC skin; see if I can even notice any difference. I'm not using a CC skin that looks very realistic, most of the CC I grab is supposed to be maxis-match-ish.

The most useful creators will show in a picture the difference between EA's skin and their own version
the maxis match ones are mostly look just the same as EA's but with some minor differences, for the contours, highlights, redness etc.. nothing drastic really
if you could download the none-default version, you can change and see in CAS, how your sim look with and without it.. for easier comparison.

me personally like this skin by Ms Blue (none-default)
https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...t-v3/id/1346781
especially I like the fact that the lips gets a pinkier tone, and are not the same as the skin color like in EA's skin
but the darker swatches on this one doesn't look too good imo.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1343 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 12:32 AM
@CatMuto, if an item of CC only replaces textures then the game does not flag it as CC with the wrench icon.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#1344 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 2:41 PM
What causes this issue with CC clothes? I've noticed it before, and it's often a dealbreaker, meaning I delete the CC. I am pretty sure it's not my graphic settings because it's still there, even if I increase Sim detail or similar. Is it an issue with the bump map of the clothes? And this issue comes from her outerwear coat, not the tights, which are EA.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1345 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 8:21 PM
That's a weight issue which is a problem with the mesh. It has nothing to do with the textures. The dark shadowing around the lower part of the skirt is also caused by the edges not being split correctly when it was made in blender.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#1346 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 4:22 PM
Do huge smelly leaf piles appear even in the Winter, and every other season, because instead of waiting forever in case EA will even bother fixing it, I just use Shift-Click and delete them that way, but when I think the region is leaf-free I end up finding more everyday.
Scholar
#1347 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 12:03 AM
I've just bought Sims 4, having played 1 and 2 extensively but (apart from 30 minutes on a demo version) never 3. Is there anything in particular I should bear in mind about the game when I start playing with it, or any critical mods I need to install to prevent the game exploding on itself during the initial playing process?
Scholar
#1348 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 10:45 AM
Do huge smelly leaf piles appear even in the Winter, and every other season, because instead of waiting forever in case EA will even bother fixing it, I just use Shift-Click and delete them that way, but when I think the region is leaf-free I end up finding more everyday.

My experience is they come back either the next day after you burn them or the one after that, but I don't see them once Fall is over. I've had decent luck burning them away, but I've had to shift-click a few times to get rid of ashes because of there not being a trash can nearby. I try to stay on top of it, because I've yet to find a no stinky leaf pile mod that works consistently.

Knock on wood I don't start seeing the things all year, since I said I don't now. I tend to have crappy luck that way.
Scholar
#1349 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 5:40 PM
Just installed Get Famous, for the first time, I have not explored Del Sol Valley as yet, just played my regular families, I got 1 sim in the Acting career, but it's gig isn't till friday, and it is monday, so far played 3 sim days of the regular routines (work, school, clean, etc), and almost had no references that this pack is installed, (if fact forgetting half of the time it is), I even when to the Geek Festival, no references or anybody special showed up there, so i'm guessing the fun doesn't come to you, you got to go to it? Maybe on Friday I will get to actually get feel this EP's gloryness. Or should I be playing a household in Del Sol Valley nad visiting its community lots?
Inventor
#1350 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 7:13 PM
Just installed Get Famous, for the first time, I have not explored Del Sol Valley as yet, just played my regular families, I got 1 sim in the Acting career, but it's gig isn't till friday, and it is monday, so far played 3 sim days of the regular routines (work, school, clean, etc), and almost had no references that this pack is installed, (if fact forgetting half of the time it is), I even when to the Geek Festival, no references or anybody special showed up there, so i'm guessing the fun doesn't come to you, you got to go to it? Maybe on Friday I will get to actually get feel this EP's gloryness. Or should I be playing a household in Del Sol Valley nad visiting its community lots?

I have Get Famous and basically any community lot I go, there're some celebrities. So I guess you had no luck.
Page 54 of 86