Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 1:03 PM Last edited by toxicboy : 27th Jan 2024 at 1:21 PM.
Default Is it safe to delete Icecream Stand
Hello everyone.

I've read here that deleting custom food may corrupt your hood. But I was wondering about this particular one TS1 ice cream stand by Crisps&Kerosene sims Is it considered custom food since you technically cannot cook on the stoves (not sure how to describe it).I was wondering if it is safe to delete?

Thanks for your contribution!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 5:13 PM
I have that ice-cream stand in my game, and while I haven't used it, there is also an ice cream cone that is separate from it-I think you can safely delete either. It doesn't spawn an NPC and I don't think the object it spawns can be corrupted.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#3 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 8:29 PM
It would be safe if a 'buyable' custom food is cloned from pizza.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jan 2024 at 9:18 AM
Thank you, guys!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 9:34 PM
It is indeed safe to delete as the ice cream cones aren't truly "foods" like meals are. They won't leave memories or hidden tokens.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Jan 2024 at 11:28 PM
@Azelanne I absolutely love your ice cream stand, and all of your Sims 1 recreations!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 2:57 PM
Oh, @Azelanne I love that ice cream stand too. The only thing is that I reached the object limit and the poly count is a bit too much for my poor old computer to handle! Other than that I'm in love with your 1to2 conversion! I would like the cafe cart from Sims 1 Old Town.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 3:52 PM
I thought that there was no object limit anymore?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 10:43 PM
There isn't an object limit that I am aware of, unless you're talking about individual computer memory for objects. For instance if you have a older graphics card and it takes forever to load the game, that means you might have too many objects in the lot or your game to process it properly.

For instance, I have 15,000+ objects in my game but it requires adequate memory to process them, which in my case is 8192MB RAM.

I really should cut down on them but it runs properly.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 11:46 PM
Some people have noticed that they're having troubles with objects that contain OBJDs - that is, not CAS items, recolors or other non-OBJD items (and it's a bit unclear if it's only main OBJDs or if multi-OBJD objects like for instance cars count extra). When they get to a certain point of adding objects, their game will crash - no matter what kind of objects they add, whether those items have issues or not, or whether they try other objects instead (as in, they've done their best to rule out other tpes of conflicts first). Removing the new items stops crashing (so keeping below this limit seems to be what keeps their game from crashing). They seem to still be able to add CAS items and recolors.

I've never reached this limit in my own game, but there has been some discussions on this, and some of those who had these issues and tested out scenarios seemed to agree the issues appeared around 10.000 OBJDs or individual object meshes, but I'm not sure if they came to a concrete conclusion on this.

At least one person had issues with a mod that let you dig up treasure via OBJDs (removing the mod solved the issues, but so did removing CC but keeping the mod in, to the point where they outweighed each other).

Apart from that, each person's computer/game is going to have some sort of limit where the game gets too slow, or you hit the pink-flash wall, or you just get too buried in CC to find anything at all ingame.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Some people have noticed that they're having troubles with objects that contain OBJDs - that is, not CAS items, recolors or other non-OBJD items (and it's a bit unclear if it's only main OBJDs or if multi-OBJD objects like for instance cars count extra). When they get to a certain point of adding objects, their game will crash - no matter what kind of objects they add, whether those items have issues or not, or whether they try other objects instead (as in, they've done their best to rule out other tpes of conflicts first). Removing the new items stops crashing (so keeping below this limit seems to be what keeps their game from crashing). They seem to still be able to add CAS items and recolors.

I've never reached this limit in my own game, but there has been some discussions on this, and some of those who had these issues and tested out scenarios seemed to agree the issues appeared around 10.000 OBJDs or individual object meshes, but I'm not sure if they came to a concrete conclusion on this.

At least one person had issues with a mod that let you dig up treasure via OBJDs (removing the mod solved the issues, but so did removing CC but keeping the mod in, to the point where they outweighed each other).

Apart from that, each person's computer/game is going to have some sort of limit where the game gets too slow, or you hit the pink-flash wall, or you just get too buried in CC to find anything at all ingame.

Yes, I'm experiencing exactly this. But it's my fault sinceI have too many CC. I've gone to a point where I trick the game and delete the OBJDs from some deco items (thanks to Huge Lunatic for the amazing tutorial ) such as the big rocks from Castaway Stories (it saved me over 200 Objds). I know I am CC-holic and I admit I have a problem
Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 2:27 AM
^ It's a bit unclear whether reducing the OBJDs in the objects help, but it's possible.

If you want to keep the footprint, Deedee has a quick method here that you can use together with the other tutorial: https://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post...a-mini-tutorial
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#13 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 12:06 PM

If that mod was my "Mod 'ur Dig", then the issue was 100% not an issue with my mod. The mod does not contain any additional OBJDs or objects. It's simply a text list with GUIDs taken from the game.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 1:15 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 31st Jan 2024 at 1:32 PM.
If I understood it correctly, it wasn't really an issue with the mod itself, but likely more to do with how the Downloads folder reads the mod (extracted/changed OBJDs = additional OBJDs, regardless of whether those were from CC or extracted from the game), so any mod with extracted OBJDs would in theory count toward the limit. The treasure one was just an example because it was spesifically mentioned, and since it contains a large amount of OBJDs. I would think the mod (and other OBJD mods) work perfectly fine as long as you stay below the object limit.

A couple topics on the matter:
https://sushigal007.tumblr.com/post...ct-limit-in-ts2 (mentions the dig mod)
https://celebkiriedhel.tumblr.com/p...55-per-category
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 3:23 PM
^ It's a bit unclear whether reducing the OBJDs in the objects help, but it's possible.

If you want to keep the footprint, Deedee has a quick method here that you can use together with the other tutorial: https://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/post...a-mini-tutorial

It helps in my stituation and I've tested it excessively. For example if I reduce the OBJD number on a object and add some windows with more OBJDs the game is ok with that. But if I keep adding objects, it just immediately crashes when I go into Build / Buy Mode and select an object which is with 2 or more tile footprint. And of course I've tried every method with 50/50, checking GUIDs, etc but this is the only thing that helps in my situation.

Thanks for this tutorial, I might try it since I do have lots of rugs, paintings and deco items which are just one tile atm which does not bother me that much espeically if it's a wall object or a rug. If I don't want a sim to go through an object I simply put a walk around omsp or invisble fence. What I realized is the Castaway Stories conversions had tons of objds (ruins, rocks, barracks so I either delete them or reduce the OBJDs) We simmers are inventive.

I don't want to go too off topic I currently have 21.6 GBP of CC and I merge and categorize everything. My game loads in about 2-3 minutes.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 4:08 PM
21gb and loads in 2-3 minutes. You lucky duck

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
21gb and loads in 2-3 minutes. You lucky duck

Seriously, merging CC changed the game for me. But again it requires a bit of testing and patience.

It's very easy to merge hair, clothes and CAS assets though.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 31st Jan 2024 at 8:29 PM
TeaAddict is also a big advocate for it being a game changer on load times. I merge new CC, but I doubt I'll ever have energy to go back and retroactively merge old CC. Do not have the patience to test every file to see the merge worked smoothly And that's only with 4gb CC, very impressed you had the patience to do 21gb. Good for you

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.