Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2023 at 5:01 PM
Default Hawkins From "Stranger Things" made in Sims 3
Hi everyone! This is my first ever post here so please be kind
I'm a huge fan of Netflix's Stranger things and a huge sims fan and so I wanted to create the town called Hawkins from the show and include all the major landmarks, characters and even recreate parts of the story if possible.
It was very confusing to come up with a layout since there are many confusing refrences and inconsistencies so I took a little bit both from offical maps seen on the show, distances traveled in the show and also the real life areas that were filmed (for example I based the downtown layout mostly on the layout of Jackson, Georgia). Overall I tried to make it work but if you have any issues do let me know what I could change
Also since I'm opting for maximum accuracy I'm going to use a lot of custom content and I don't really know how to compile it with the world? My game was fresh when I started so there not a lot of unrelated CC but obviously I won't be using every single item or set so if you have knoweledge about it lmk.
Finally if you have any suggestions I would love to hear and it would be amazing if you shared some links to show related content or even made some yourself (like lots or sims would be great).
One final note, I really think the century manor set and the regal set would work amazing for creel house (the house where vecna is in s4) but I'm not sure how much would that affect the accesibility, I'll already be using all packs and I have all store worlds so I'm not sure if that's too much.
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2023 at 10:23 PM
I absolutely love this!
For the custom content question, I would link the sets/ items you use and let players download them for themselves, rather than including them with the world. Also, decide what your primary aim is for this world. If you are building it for yourself, then include all the custom content that you want. But if you are building it primarily to share, maybe limit the CC to free items.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2023 at 9:46 PM
Default Progress on downtown and Hawkins Lab
Some progress, still working on the deco around the lab
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2023 at 10:45 PM
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Sep 2023 at 12:06 AM
Great idea and wonderful start! I agree with Simsample about CC. Some players (like me) use no CC or only things like the rabbit hole rugs for small lot worlds. If you include links, the downloader can decide what they want to use. I'm looking forward to watching your progress! I'm still struggling with getting everything to work since the whole EA player debacle. If I can get things fixed, I'd be happy to make some house/lots for you, maybe some sims, and/or be a tester. However, I don't use any CC but I do have all EPs and some SPs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Great idea and wonderful start! I agree with Simsample about CC. Some players (like me) use no CC or only things like the rabbit hole rugs for small lot worlds. If you include links, the downloader can decide what they want to use. I'm looking forward to watching your progress! I'm still struggling with getting everything to work since the whole EA player debacle. If I can get things fixed, I'd be happy to make some house/lots for you, maybe some sims, and/or be a tester. However, I don't use any CC but I do have all EPs and some SPs.

I mostly used a lot of exterior cc (windows,fences,architecture pieces,roofs etc) so a lot of these will be must. I'm not planning to use much interior cc with exception of maybe special lots like stores or city buildings that are lore important(like police station,melvald's).
I would probably need to use a lot of cc with starcourt so I'll probably have it be downloaded seperatly and those who want to place it in the world can and those who don't can just not have it (maybe i'll have a burnt version without interior or smt as default). I would love for you to help as well! Currently still working on the downtown area and I would need a lot of suburban houses (just general ones for now) to surround it so if you can make any that would be great, try to keep things 80's appropriate as well (like no high end-pc's, laptops or flat screen tv's etc).
And also speaking of progress here is some:
Screenshots
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Oct 2023 at 5:24 PM
Looks great! What size lots are you needing suburban houses for? I'll try to make some CC free with 80s appropriate architecture/decor.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Oct 2023 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Looks great! What size lots are you needing suburban houses for? I'll try to make some CC free with 80s appropriate architecture/decor.

Mostly 40x30, 30x30,20x30 (both vertical and horizontal).
Will also need a couple larger houses (40x40, 50x50) for the richer areas.