Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#14551 Old 27th Apr 2024 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Here's a tutorial to help you update it. https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=245117

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for, I'll take up the challenge
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#14552 Old Yesterday at 8:44 PM
A kind of pragmatic wish, but I'd like to see a set of "decorative" flower bed trims (that can still be walked through or over). Maybe similar fence objects as well - that don't create true partitions, and therefore can be used when building apartments, as well as in apartments that are currently lived in. Maybe it's been done - I guess I should go see?

On a related theme, a set of decorative dirt patches (as rugs maybe?) to place under apartment rocks and trees etc. So that sims living in apartments are better able to develop their gardens as they live there - rather than my envision in advance how the garden might look when setting up an apartment building.
Lab Assistant
#14553 Old Yesterday at 10:35 PM
Another one - which is probably not at all feasible! I'd love adult sims to be able to somehow earn degrees via the computer - submitting assignments, exams and schmoozing with professors via phone, internet chat or in person.
Forum Resident
#14554 Old Yesterday at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miriamnz
Another one - which is probably not at all feasible! I'd love adult sims to be able to somehow earn degrees via the computer - submitting assignments, exams and schmoozing with professors via phone, internet chat or in person.

That's really one of those ones that sounds good in theory, but in practice... it's very, very, very hard to make it interesting or fun. Your sim sits at a computer, typing away, decreasing hunger, fun, comfort, social, bladder, hygiene and energy, and you watch it all happen. And you repeat it for like, 3 days, to finish a semester... then 8 semesters, to get your degree. that's 24 days of your sim's life, plodding away on the computer after work. The biggest challenge won't be getting your sim's degree. It'll be not falling asleep and having them wander off to do something entertaining! I'd be a hard-pass on online degrees. No thanks, University of Phoenix /SNHU, or even Sally Struthers! ...lotta good that TV/VCR Repair certificate is doing me now! $%*#!@&

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop Sat. April 20. SimPE for Beginners part 2!!
This Workshop is part 2 on the Ins & Outs of SimPE! Join us and start creating!
Alchemist
#14555 Old Today at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miriamnz
A kind of pragmatic wish, but I'd like to see a set of "decorative" flower bed trims (that can still be walked through or over). Maybe similar fence objects as well - that don't create true partitions, and therefore can be used when building apartments, as well as in apartments that are currently lived in. Maybe it's been done - I guess I should go see?

Have you seen Buggybooz' folly garden?
https://buggybooz.blogspot.com/2012...lly-garden.html
Mad Poster
#14556 Old Today at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
That's really one of those ones that sounds good in theory, but in practice... it's very, very, very hard to make it interesting or fun. Your sim sits at a computer, typing away, decreasing hunger, fun, comfort, social, bladder, hygiene and energy, and you watch it all happen. And you repeat it for like, 3 days, to finish a semester... then 8 semesters, to get your degree. that's 24 days of your sim's life, plodding away on the computer after work. The biggest challenge won't be getting your sim's degree. It'll be not falling asleep and having them wander off to do something entertaining! I'd be a hard-pass on online degrees. No thanks, University of Phoenix /SNHU, or even Sally Struthers! ...lotta good that TV/VCR Repair certificate is doing me now! $%*#!@&

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's not worth making.
Forum Resident
#14557 Old Today at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's not worth making.

I never said it wasn't. I just said it likely wouldn't be my thing and pointed out the reasons why.
We watch them cook dinner and sit on the toilet. If somebody proposed that as an idea, I'd probably have a similar reaction, and yet we watch that all the time. So there's room to admit i could be wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop Sat. April 20. SimPE for Beginners part 2!!
This Workshop is part 2 on the Ins & Outs of SimPE! Join us and start creating!
Page 583 of 583