Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:15 PM
Default Happy?
Is everybody happy with ts3?? or did everybody expected more than it?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:17 PM
Expectations are NEVER fulfilled. Ever.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:23 PM
But i mean probably ts2 it's better than it! Thought it was going to be incredible.
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:26 PM
From a game of a serie wich is known to be really complete after the release of the 7th add-on ?
I think you were expecting A BIT too much from it then !

Think about it : when released, was TS2 ALONE really better than TS1 ?
Furthermore : Now that you've played TS3, can you even imagine going back to TS2 ?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:28 PM
I like it, it has a few things that i would improve but lets see if the upcoming eps make up for it...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:30 PM
I expected a game that wasn't completely and totally gutted with the intention to sell it all to us again. An unrealistic wish I know but... I can dream.
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:33 PM
ROFL @ Antipilor again.

Ok I'll make a wish too... EA gives up the game and all its code to the modder community as a license free software.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:34 PM
Isn't there already many similar threads on the subject matter?
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:34 PM
The whole trait system and going out to town to do things is really cool, but lots of things have been seemingly left out in the rain in the process of getting this done - Mainly build and buy mode. Build is almost as primitive as ever and buy mode seems uncomfortably sparse.
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:38 PM
@ Sim Simmer : I think there will be as much new topics on the same subject for the next two months to come. We're all excited/disappointed/puzzled/amazed/whatever about this game at the very same time, so its quite obvious there will be some redundance on the topics created.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by invock
@ Sim Simmer : I think there will be as much new topics on the same subject for the next two months to come. We're all excited/disappointed/puzzled/amazed/whatever about this game at the very same time, so its quite obvious there will be some redundance on the topics created.

Yes, but it just gets a bit repetitive and annoying. Doesn't anyone use the search function, or read through threads? If it's annoying for members I can only imagine how it is for moderators.
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:47 PM
Have to admit you got a point here. But it looks like the research function seems totally forgotten by newcomers.
I think HystericalParoxysm could put some indications about it on the Posting Guidelines he made...

(And I also think he's going to crush me for daring giving him directions )
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 8:39 PM
I think HystericalParoxysm is going to crush you for calling her "him".
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:07 PM
I think (a lot today!) I'm going to leave the board a few months for my sake...
Instructor
#15 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
I think HystericalParoxysm is going to crush you for calling her "him".

Agree! Poor invock, I will get the wreath's ready.

I am happy with the game but something is missing I feel. I am still in the "Give the game a chance" mind frame and the "You have spent loads on the game, the guide and store points..Steve will kill you if you don't play it" mind frame.

I probably won't have decided yay or nay until an EP comes out.

XD

^_^
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:18 PM
I love the game, but my biggest disappointment right now is not enough hair styles. Anybody working on some new hair??
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:21 PM
I happy with everything but downloads. I do not want to pay for the EA clothing, I want fresh new clothing and meshes!(for free!)
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:22 PM
@queenraven and pearlisthegurl : I'm pretty sure many people are dying for being authorized to create hairstyles/wears/items and so on for the game... but well... EA...

(*gets out crying a bit*)
Instructor
#19 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:48 PM
I love the open neighborhood. I love the focus being taken away from fulfilling needs.

I hate the hair and it took awhile not to dislike the sim models.

I hate hate hate what they did with custom content, hacks sometimes need to overwrite the current file in the sims folder meaning that not only are they more dangerous to use, they are more likely to cause problems in the game.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:03 PM
I have just bought the game after reading lots and lots about the game. I had some preconceptions and some expectations and after playing it non-stop for 11 hours straight, I have to say I am BORED.

Once you have created Sims with all the limitations of the sliders (I have downloaded the slider hacks), customised their clothing, put them into a lot and modified or built the houses, with customised rooms and matching furniture and wallpaper, built up relationships, explored the town, gone to the beach, swam in the community pool, etc. etc. etc. what else is there to do besides build your career, yawn.

The sliders in CAS make it almost impossible to make a celebrity Sim. There are some vital sliders missing aka, the eyebrow modifier, the ability to make faces thinner, the ability to make the faces longer. In Bodyshop all those things were there and I was able to make incredible likenesses. I am terribly disappointed. Thanks to the modders who have provided tools for the skin and the sliders, but EA really f++++++ up good with this aspect of the game which is so vital. No sliders for body mods is just incredible, fat, fatter, fattest. Thin, thinner thinnest!!!! All the hype they made about one being able to make anybody is just that, hot, bloody air. All my Sims did was sleep, eat, go to work, come home, make a meal and then the next day it began all over again. Thanks to Pescado for his Awesome mod for making the game at least playable.

All the new stuff, like going into a seamless town becomes tired and boring after you have been into all the community lots you are allowed to go into. Those rabbit holes are painful and you spend more precious time waiting for wht seems like an age for you SIm to emerge from work. You can't even swim or sunbathe by the sea.

I must say, however, after reading the posts about the minimal amount of furniture, I was pleasantly surprised to see quite a lot of stuff that I had not seen before, so I can't complain from that point of view.

The biggest dealbreaker in the game for me is the amount of time they take to sleep. That is just ridiculous!

We are still looking after all their needs.

I know I am comparing apples with oranges, between Sims 2 + expansions, and Sims 3, but all these things have to be fixed before I will play again on Sims 3. I am so glad I did not uninstall Sims 2. I will go back and make my beautiful Sims and customise my houses with all the custom content and I will curse that I gave into temptation to spend my hard-earned money on this game. Sorry for the rant. I know I don't have a right to be disappointed because I bought the game with my blinders well and truly off. I knew the pitfalls and the bugs.
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim Simmer
Yes, but it just gets a bit repetitive and annoying. Doesn't anyone use the search function, or read through threads? If it's annoying for members I can only imagine how it is for moderators.

i dont think there is a search function for the forums
but your right it does get repetitive and annoying. but it happens, this is how it is when all games first come out
Instructor
#22 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:17 PM
Love it! 100 out of 10
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:34 PM
I love it, but I really do wish there were more lots in the town because I like to make a lot of families. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied, even without expansion packs yet; and honestly i didn't expect too much more. though I did expect a few more hairstyles =/
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:47 PM
There are a few more hairstyles. On the store. So you have to give extra money. Or... find another way.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:08 AM
Well not that anyone cares, I think it is "CRAPPY", but there is hope. 5/10

"In the game of Life". It is better to aim at something and risk a miss, than it is to aim at nothing and hit.
Page 1 of 2