Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 7:06 PM
My game isn't experiencing any of these problems.....curious.

I only have maybe ten sims on the campus tho. Two live in the same dorm, four guys in a private house.

How many do those of you that are having problems have on one campus?

And as for a cure: Do you DOUBT that these modders will come up with a fix??
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 7:50 PM
Mutantbunny,
I started getting problems with only TWO sims on campus. They were both living at the same dorm (with only six rooms), and they had the exam bug by the end of the first semester. Then, I moved them into a private house. Still had the same problems.

Thinking my sims were bugged, I moved a separate batch of two to a private house directly (they had enough scholarship money), and then I had them start a greek house. After the first semester exam, they already had the bug, and ended up failing that semester! (And these were supposed to be the genius kids of the neighborhood! LOL)

Little did I know that during that first semester they also got the No Credit for Class bug as well... I played them for two semesters straight trying to get their grades up... no luck.

Thus: When I first developed problems, I only had 2 sims on a brand new (user created) campus.

But thanks to TwoJeffs, my sims are happily breezing through college life! :banana:
#28 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 9:13 PM
All of my Sims have the same prob. I hate it. My b/f(we share the game) and I are going to write an E-mail asking for are money back or a quick fix or something. -the modthesims2 fix doesn't work for us.

Someone eles wrote an e-mail to Maxis about this, and they got back an E-mail explaining away a whole different problem about interests so I'm not very hopeful.
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 2:25 AM
what about a possibility of a problem with a Maxis download causing the problem? just another theroy to throw out there.
Test Subject
#30 Old 11th May 2005 at 1:54 AM
This isn't a problem with hacks, I have no hacks installed.

It isn't a problem with AMD Processors, I have an Intel Pentium 4 Processor.

It isn't a problem with downloads, I don't have any of those, either.

Maybe a problem for large neighborhoods? Both my College and Normal Neighborhoods are packed solid.

Also, I had one of my people request to join a greek house while they were actually in that same greek house which resulted in serious weirdness since the person was already a member. This is what I originally suspected as the culprit.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 11th May 2005 at 3:58 AM Last edited by themaltesebippy : 11th May 2005 at 4:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BetsyJayne
I have had a similar sort of problem. I sent 4 sims to college at the same time. They all got to their classes with no problems. Exam time comes, 3 sims have exams at 9am and one at 8 am. Sent the one to her exam at 8 am. Exam in progress. Send sims to 9am exam. Sim returns from 8 am exam, has 4.0 makes Deans List, whoopee. Other three sims return from exam, get 4.0 make Deans list, whoopee. Then I get a message saying that my sim who took her exam at 8am has missed her exam and now has a 3.3 GPA. I look at her progress, and she is in her first semester as a Sophomore! All my other sims are in second semester of Freshman year. Really weird. I am annoyed that she only has a 3.3 now and will now graduate before her boyfriend.

I doubt this has to do with any hacks because I had the problem and just started Veronaville over and have had no problems since. It's when too many sims are in your hood and some files get corrupted.

Did you ever download houses with families in them? This will eventually cause the 'too many interations' message in debug mode. When you download families/sims and they are not clean right out of CAS/Bodyshop they add all sort of junks to your game (memories of people which add extra unplayable characters.)

Best thing to do would be to start over w/a clean hood or try 2jeff's hack first.
Test Subject
#32 Old 14th May 2005 at 5:04 PM
Default Hacked object to fix this
:bump: I used to have the same problem but thanks to carrigon I used the helping hand hack for university. It does an excellent job. I now have sims that all make the deans list without fail. You can also set the gpa or year of university level. It's a great hack. You can find it here at this sight under hacked objects. I haven't had any problems with it so far and I use it all the time. Who wants to spend an eternity in university I just want to get it over with as soon as possbile so I can get a job make lots of money then retire early. I hope this helps you out. :howdy:
Instructor
#33 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 7:28 AM
With the problem of taking final exams, TwoJeffs has created a fix which is posted at VariousSimmers Forum:

<http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=436&highlight=final+exam>

Cheers,
KnightSkyKyte
Test Subject
#34 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 11:41 AM
Welp, it took 19 years for my sims to get this problem. I've been sending gobs and gobs of kids to uni for years and years. And this problem JUST started in 2024 lmfao. Because of course it would. Unfortunately, the links to the fixes in this thread are all broken now. I see there's a warning on this thread as I'm typing my reply that says, "Attention! This discussion has not had a reply for 18 years." XD
Mad Poster
#35 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 11:58 AM
TwoJeffs' stuff is available here. https://simfileshare.net/folder/92516/
Test Subject
#36 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Wow, thank you so much! This is amazing!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Which mod is it? There are so many and I'm not familiar with them at all.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 6:24 AM
It's in the retired folder, which generally means you probably don't need it if unless you're running a very outdated version of the game.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 9:15 AM
I notice that with both recent requests for the mod neither of them have Apartment Life and I've never had this problem, so maybe it was fixed in AL.
Page 2 of 2