Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 1:08 PM
Default Population size question when planning a world
I didn't see another thread on this so apologies if done before.

Anyway, I'm creating a world based on a medium sized map and it has about 75 residential plots and about 45 community ones. I've been testing it and all the lots are occupied (sims moved in spontaneously) so current population is about 90 residents (and expanding since they seem rather keen on pairing up and having babies ). My world hasn't had any glitches so far (no routing problems etc) while testing nor anything else problematic has surfaced yet.

It would be good to get my population up to at least 150 (through families growing) to make the world interesting but was wondering if anyone has an idea of what a reasonable population size is or does it really depend on your computer specs/capabilities.

So interested to see what other people's population size is like and is it manageable for you?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 7:10 AM
I just have a vague memory of reading about population sizes on the EA caw forum. I'm pretty sure it was Wrttin_Reg that originally posted. I'm thinking she was saying the cap was around 90 sims, and at that point the game would start culling babies. I'm going to do a quick search, I might have it in my bookmarks..............................

This is what I found;
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/204606.page
This was back in May, so maybe with some of the new EP's, the cap has risen.

Hope this helps :D
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 1:18 PM
Thanks for the link auntielynds, I'll give it a read. I guess it's down to just continuing testing my hood. In that link to the Sims 3 website forum, they were talking about how you set up the houses which makes a difference. It mentions something about babies getting culled by the game (as you say) if the population "limit" is exceeded - so far all my babies are thriving so I'll just see what happens. Anyway cheers!