Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 5:09 AM
What are these
Hello. I am creating a world that used one of my other worlds as a starting base. I have noticed these areas appearing. I can't figure out how to remove them as in the game it means no lot will go there. Please help. thank you. Happy New Year
The first picture is where they appear when checking the routing data. The second picture is when it's turned off.
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Dec 2022 at 10:43 AM
Do you have objects hidden? Try rebuilding the routing data.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do you have objects hidden? Try rebuilding the routing data.

I tried that. I coloured it with no sims,, rebuilt routing data, then removed the no sims rebuilt data and it still stayed.
I have even placed lots over it, but in the game it means that the lots don't work properly.

I unticked all the layers and its still there.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Jan 2023 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deeney
I tried that. I coloured it with no sims,, rebuilt routing data, then removed the no sims rebuilt data and it still stayed.
I have even placed lots over it, but in the game it means that the lots don't work properly.

I unticked all the layers and its still there.

You're supposed to do the opposite of that, which is to tick all the layers. The screenshot looks like what simsample is talking about, like you have a layer unticked in CAW, making the objects invisible. If the objects layer is unticked, it will not show up at all in CAW. However, you will see its "footprint" in the routing data, indicated by a red outline.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
You're supposed to do the opposite of that, which is to tick all the layers. The screenshot looks like what simsample is talking about, like you have a layer unticked in CAW, making the objects invisible. If the objects layer is unticked, it will not show up at all in CAW. However, you will see its "footprint" in the routing data, indicated by a red outline.

I tried both ways. With everything ticked and showing the routing data these appear
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 12:41 PM
Here is what I would do to try to drill this down:

1. Make a backup of your world (call it Test2 or something, but just keep it safe).

2. One by one, eliminate each layer, rebuild routing, check data. So, for example, delete "Objects" layer, rebuild routing, then check routing data. If the problem disappears, then you know that there were objects in this layer that is causing the issue.

3. If the problem is still there, then delete your other layers and do the same thing (rebuild routing, check data).

It's about using the process of elimination to find and get rid of troublesome objects. Remember, you'll be doing all this to your world with a backup in place, so you can take your experiment and use it for the "good" copy of your WIP.