Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2024 at 12:00 PM
Default Jokes
A question I've been wanting to ask for quite a while: has anybody ever understood any of the jokes Sims keep telling to each other?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jan 2024 at 2:26 PM
I haven't but I'm sure the jokes aren't meant to be deciphered, like their chats are not really understandable either.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2024 at 2:42 PM
Not the jokes the sims keep telling each other, no. But I've found the penguin to be a proper jokester, if you interpret its talk bubbles while chatting with the snowman (it loves talking about hot soup, fried eggs, and gets really excited about skiing (Potentially a Super Mario thing, with the penguin level...?)

Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2024 at 6:49 PM
The jokes they tell each other are absolutely hilarious to other Sims, but we players are too stupid to get them. At least that's what Andrew told me.

There's one dirty joke though, and I'm sure you'll know which one I mean, if you've seen it, that I'm sure is about an absolutely gorgeously sexy girl -- or boy!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2024 at 8:11 AM
I distinctly remember a joke in Simlish that, while impossible to understand the words, followed the meter of a limerick perfectly (though the fact that I remember dialogue means it's probably from TS1 not TS2, come to think of it...)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.