Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 8:35 PM
Default Susan Boyle.. Britain's Got Talent
Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

Susan Boyle, 47 year old church worker, lives with her cat, never been kissed, gets on Britain's Got Talent. You need to see this to believe it
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 9:02 PM
I saw it, she was amazing. Everyone was thinking she would be awful but it was such a surprise when she opened her mouth and that voice came out! I love Britain's Got Talent, it's so funny.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 9:05 PM
I think it's a great story, and she has an exceptional voice. Just shows that we all shouldn't be so judgemental.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 9:24 PM
I loved this, especially seeing the scoffs and eye-rolls people were making before. Can't judge a book by its cover!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 9:42 PM
I thought it was amazing. When my BF sent me that clip I wasn't sure what to think. Some people who get on those shows are so tacky and try too hard, it was good to see someone who seemed to genuinely have talent.

Elaine Paige? Pssh... she could kick Elaine Paige's ass IMO.
#6 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 9:44 PM
Yeah, she's incredible. I'm so happy for her
#7 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 9:50 PM
Amazing.
I was gobsmacked.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 10:38 PM
Okay, gotta cry. Stupid hormones.

That's amazing. We always sing this song in music class, but she sings it 1000% better. And it's just so stupid of us people to only look at the outside. But that's just the first thing that we see, so I couldn't really blame us. It's still stupid though, because then you won't see such beautiful things like these.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 10:42 PM
Oh I love this show. Susan embraces everything about it. The surprises are the best - like Andrew from last series who sang Pie Jesu. :D

And yeah, the audience come across as a nasty bunch towards her. D:
#10 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 11:55 PM
I think she's wonderful -- she comes across as a real person, which seems odd to say, but so many people who sing just don't. She is warm, funny, and I have no idea why she's not married! Or with someone. I just want to hug her and give her a kiss and say thank you for being who she is - A middle-aged woman with a sweet smile and some real talent.
Instructor
#11 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 11:37 PM
There is a link on the 30 million plus YouTube video page of Susan Boyle, that lets you hear how she sounded 10 years ago on a limited release Charity CD...

Another superb performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ
Theorist
#12 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 12:52 AM
I've seen it, it's nothing short of amazing! I don't pay attention to these shows but it got my attention when I saw a news story on CNN about her and the instant Boyle started singing I was like WHOA!
#13 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 3:30 AM
I saw it and it amazes me how she's making the news across the world, I mean, who'd have thought it?

She has an amazing voice though, when she started to sing I think my whole family's jaws dropped to floor!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 4:37 AM
Just goes to show you why you shouldn't judge anyone by the way they look. She was amazing, pure and simple. It was nothing short of a big surprise.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 11:56 PM
I almost fainted.
I was also quite embarassed.... at the beginning of the video, I sent it to all the friends I was talking to at the time, commenting on how.... interesting she was, and was making guesses on how bad she was going to be...

Needless to say, those assumptions were very wrong.
Just goes to say you can never judge a book by it's cover.

potterhead
call me bria