Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2024 at 5:28 AM Last edited by Lardez : 19th Jan 2024 at 1:44 AM.
Default Random crashes while saving? (Solved)
Hi guys! Sorry for my bad English, I first wanted to thank all the people who keep modding this great game after all these years, in particular Grim, ChickieTeeta (Chiquitita?), Snowder and others, you are awesome!

That being said, I came here to ask for help on a random problem I have. I don't use many mods, just CC and Grim-core, my game was always stable (as stable as this engine is) yet nowadays I have been having random crashes when I try to save the game.
It started happening after I installed some new clothes and a mod that adds buildings as decorations. I also heavily modified many of the non-accessible lots so maybe that has something to do with it. I tend to decorate/build/modify a lot of buildings and npcs and then save just in case, but sadly it seems the saving provokes the crashes.

Edit: I solved the issue. Apparently both the Create-A-Style and Create-A-Sim modes occupy RAM memory during the game session and the engine is limited to I think 2.8 or 3.8GBs, causing it to crash after many uses. The solution is to use the famous NTCore's 4GB Patch on the game's exe, I hope it helps.
Screenshots