Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:53 PM
Default making friends
so it seems to take forever to make even one friend, why? anyone have any tips on ways to help get the relationship up a little faster?

Pancake Bob for President!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:57 PM
Increase your Sim's charisma skill! It helps tremendously. Little things like texting or chatting on the computer offer small relationship boosts as well, which can help speed things up.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 5:59 PM
My Sim needed four friends to get a promotion and i made them in one and a half sim-day, so i don't think it is that hard. Maybe you chose the wrong options or had the wrong emotion to socialize?
Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:01 PM
And use the interactions which have a green bar in front of them. These will make their relationship go up faster.
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:06 PM
Question: Do all jobs require friends for promotion, or is it only some jobs?

I wouldn't mind this, if the relationship decay wasn't so brutal. Make time for your friends or lose them!

Relationship decay only adds fake difficulty. As a great English philosopher once said: "Make it last forever. Friendship never ends."

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Question: Do all jobs require friends for promotion, or is it only some jobs?

I wouldn't mind this, if the relationship decay wasn't so brutal. Make time for your friends or lose them!

Relationship decay only adds fake difficulty. As a great English philosopher once said: "Make it last forever. Friendship never ends."

I'm not really fond of this game, so i haven't played it for long. But the four friends were just for the second stage of the entertainer career. I got her up to level 5 (?) or so, and she never required any new friends and it wasn't a problem ,that she lost one. It was just one of these new requirement thingies, which could be anything (like washing three plates for the gourmet career lvl. 1).

Edit: Also, the friends of my sim come around each day like stalkers, so it isn't that hard to mantain the relationship. It is really annoying, though.
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:17 PM
Okay, that makes sense if friend goals are for some jobs only. A musician needs a fanbase. A bartender needs regulars.

It shouldn't make a difference if an astronaut or pro gamer has no friends or 50.

3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:49 PM
I think it's kinda odd that they require X number of friends for a job, but you can't interact with your coworkers to make friends while on the job. For that matter, you don't seem to have any coworkers at all...

Sims 3 version of this made more sense, where you had to have certain relationship value with your coworkers to help you advance, but in this game it's absolutely required for promotion.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:56 PM
I haven't tried to yet, but there's a cheat. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_12590153
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:57 PM
Really...? I've found that it's almost too easy to make friends. My sims seem to be making friends incidentally.

Quote: Originally posted by owi2000
I think it's kinda odd that they require X number of friends for a job, but you can't interact with your coworkers to make friends while on the job. For that matter, you don't seem to have any coworkers at all...

Sims 3 version of this made more sense, where you had to have certain relationship value with your coworkers to help you advance, but in this game it's absolutely required for promotion.

Click on your Sim's portrait while they're at work. It'll give you options to schmooze with your co-workers. Not sure how effective it is yet, haven't really used it.

Just another one of those nifty tricks that they don't tell you about, even with the frankly stupid amount of pop-up tutorials the game has.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BrilliantAzure
Really...? I've found that it's almost too easy to make friends. My sims seem to be making friends incidentally.

Click on your Sim's portrait while they're at work. It'll give you options to schmooze with your co-workers. Not sure how effective it is yet, haven't really used it.

Just another one of those nifty tricks that they don't tell you about, even with the frankly stupid amount of pop-up tutorials the game has.

I did it a few times, but there were no new persons added to my relationship-category. I think, it just rises your job performance, but i'm not sure. You can even flirt with them, if you go to work while being flirty.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
I did it a few times, but there were no new persons added to my relationship-category. I think, it just rises your job performance, but i'm not sure. You can even flirt with them, if you go to work while being flirty.

Hrm. I'll have to experiment with this myself.
Scholar
#13 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:24 PM

TS3 did have a friend requirement for some jobs. It's called the Charisma skill. Makes sense that a politician, teacher, or movie star would need to have a lot of friends.

Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BrilliantAzure

That's just a tone for getting a moodlet at the cost of work progress, it doesn't improve your relationship with anyone.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:09 PM
That's just a tone for getting a moodlet at the cost of work progress, it doesn't improve your relationship with anyone.

...wow, that is super duper lame...
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
TS3 did have a friend requirement for some jobs. It's called the Charisma skill. Makes sense that a politician, teacher, or movie star would need to have a lot of friends.

True, however many jobs didn't have any Charisma requirement at any level, but still expected you to have relationship levels with your coworkers. Which was what I was trying to get across.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:33 PM Last edited by divia : 5th Sep 2014 at 9:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sims3gal1013
I haven't tried to yet, but there's a cheat. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_12590153

Woot woot it works, as long as you have testingcheats true on.

Later on in the thread, he has a skills cheat too if anyone is interested.