Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 6:32 PM
Default .Fbx in 3ds max
Ok here is a pic of .fbx import of the simbody.smd. I try putting it in 3ds max and here what i got. I dont know if i need to shrink the bones ,so i can animate them or what. But this is for anyone who can help me sniff
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 10:13 PM
Ok what r ya bone settings , the version of 3ds max im using is 7. When i importing the file in 3ds i dont get the invisible mesh with the skeleton . i get a skeleton that either to big or the skeleton is to small. Sniff
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atavera
Its in the game units, so it looks very small in MAX. You can scale the auskel bone to make it bigger, but I think you would have to scale it back down before exporting again. I just set my units to cm, set the grid 0.5cm squares, and lower the field of view angle in perspective view.

And after I imported it, I set the body mesh as see-through(select and alt+x), then froze it so I don't accidentally select it while moving bones.

You set your units to cm in what. In 3ds max or simpe. If it 3dmax can u show me how by put pics of what u did. i change the grid to 0.5 . Im just wondering how can i get my model to look exactly like yours in the pic. If i get it that way . Hee hee hee hee ha ha ahahahah.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 6:36 AM
which versions of 3ds max u have.