Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 8:31 PM
Default Vampires.
I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but, how do sims become vampires?
Do you have to really annoy a vampire or something. I'm not really sure. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks. Wez x

Rainbow Street: colourful starter homes.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 4:55 AM
Go downtown and find one of the Grand Vamps (they're blue and wear stereotypical vamp clothes) and befriend him/her. If your relationship is high enough they will bite you. and BAM! your a vamp.

of course I could be a little off, I usually just use insim to turn them into vamps
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 5:33 PM
Okay, thank you! I'll try this.

Rainbow Street: colourful starter homes.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 5:55 PM
Either that or you could get another sim to use their influence points on the vampire when you find it and choose "Influence to - Bite neck" That's how i got my first one

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 4:36 AM
you should definitely 'befriend OR build up relationship to invite over' a vamp first. this is what i did. once you spot a vamp on a community lot, (you will know a vampire when you see him/her, there is no doubt) then... invite the bloodsucker over and build up relationships from there. and...as the previous poster suggested, it was the easiest to just use another sim in the house to use their 'influence' to persuade vamp to bite me!

i'm a hazard to myself
Site Helper
#6 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 3:55 PM
Be careful with influencing a Grand Vampire to bite someone. It has been known to make that Grand Vampire extremely bloodthirsty and they run around biting everybody they have ever spoken to.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#7 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
Be careful with influencing a Grand Vampire to bite someone. It has been known to make that Grand Vampire extremely bloodthirsty and they run around biting everybody they have ever spoken to.

That's kind of what's happening in my game right now. Whenever a vampire shows up on a community lot, he or she keeps on biting every sim they can get their claws on. It's quite annoying when those sims are my playables I had no intention to turn into vampires. :smash:

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 4:35 PM
I remember seeing the first time the Grand Vampire bit someone in my game. It was Mortimer... actually I was evil and influenced him to bite Mortimer. I hate Mortimer so much and thought it was extremely hillarious to see Vampire!Mortimer
#9 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 11:28 PM
there is even a quicker way... but I wouldn't reccomend it because the cheat is "known" to mess up your game play. It dosen't for me, but it does to some other people apparentley. If you really want it just PM me, it's quite simple. You might know it already, very popular!
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 2:08 AM
If you have insim there is an option in there to turn your sim into a vamp without needing the grand vamp just not sure the name of that part.
#11 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 10:10 AM
Strangely, but Vampire host viela not in the game has not seen any ... Maybe they do not come to me?))), I do not get them too. Maybe I do not do so? Forgive me for my broken anglish ... :howdy:
Site Helper
#12 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 1:54 PM
You need to have set up a Downtown district. It does not need to be the default Downtown. They will only appear on a Downtown community lot, and in my experience the first sims I have who will see one are sims who I had intended to never meet one.

And of course they only happen at night. If they haven't shown up within an hour, you can try a different lot.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Instructor
#13 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 6:31 PM
My question regarding vampires though- Every vampire I have had has turned into ashtray fillings... Is there a trick as to how to keep them alive during the day? I love the idea of someone being a vamp, but they just seem so fragile compared to the other monster races in game. I can force them to stay in the house, but then I have to ignore the other characters in my house which isn't good. I have had a total of 3 vamps go outside to fetch the paper or take out the trash and poof!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 6:34 PM
There are hacks out there (check the Wiki) that make it so they can survive in the day. However the easiest way is to just get them a coffin and have them sleep until sundown; vampires are creatures of the night, after all.
#15 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 7:59 PM
Or have them meditate if they can do that. It seems their motives are static when they are doing that, even in sunlight.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 11:22 PM
When my playable sims go downtown, I look with "6 eyes" for vamires. If I see one, I make him selectable, click on the public phone, and order him to "go home".
Site Helper
#17 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 4:00 PM
If you have a vampire sim who randomly showed up on a community lot during daylight, they can be fatally sunburned the next time you enter their lot, even if the lot is at night. Bring up the cheat console and use MaxMotives. Then either have them meditate if they can, or send them to their coffin. Use MaxMotives again to finish stabilizing them. Then you can send them back to whatever they were doing.

If it is a playable vampire who decides he would rather run around outside in the sunlight you might be able to get away with simply sending the silly vamp back to bed without MaxMotives. Or have them meditate all day in the sun. (Surrounding them with snapdragons is optional...)

As you can probably tell, I consider meditation to be a crucial skill for vampires.

Field Researcher
#18 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:43 AM
Question about vampires and makeup - I know there are issues with this, and I thought I had a fix for it, however my vampires are unable to wear lipstick...? They can wear all other types of makeup just fine without any problems, it's just the lipstick that doesn't show up at all...
Site Helper
#19 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 12:39 PM
Their vampire coloration is probably overwriting the lipstick. I do know that everything I put onto a vampire picks up an interesting shade of blue overlaying the original item. I have one poor knowledge sim who desperately wants to be a vampire, but I like his beard and stubble to be black, not blue.

Field Researcher
#20 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 2:39 PM
The rest of his makeup looks fine though; he wears black eyeliner and can wear stubble or a beard just fine. It's just the lipstick... it doesn't even show up blue, it just doesn't show up at all.

It's not too much of an issue right now though, 'cause I don't particularly want him to wear lipstick, I'm just thinking ahead to any female vampires I get in the future. I'll be sad if they can't have any.

Edit: Just realized it's due to the particular default skin I have for them. Guess I'll either have to find new defaults, or deal with it...

Edit again: Nevermind, I found a tutorial on making lipstick work. Yay!
#21 Old 28th Apr 2008 at 12:27 PM
you could use boolprop... deep inside there it has a vampirise option
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 17th May 2008 at 8:08 AM
I'm not patient enough to mingle with vampires...so I cheat and use the Boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true cheat to get the task done. :3
#23 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 11:03 PM
I have a mod from MTS2 that disables the ugly blue-like skintone. Makeup is then visible and the vampires look really nice.
Instructor
#24 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:12 PM
I made a sim lastnight and used an ivory/alabaster skin tone when creating him. It was off MTS2, but I can't remember the name. Anyway, then I used the Insim Mortality object and made him a vamp- his skin wasn't blue toned. I am planning to make him a happy room with a special door that only his "keeper" can unlock. So during the day he can read, play music or whatever he wants to do without running into the light. I remember I played one house and every day a NPC Vampire (not a grand master) would run past her house smoking. It was so funny. He finally bit the dust though when he stopped to read her paper and got blocked when she had to go to work and her car kept him from running off the lot in time.
Vamps are interesting to say the least.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
That's kind of what's happening in my game right now. Whenever a vampire shows up on a community lot, he or she keeps on biting every sim they can get their claws on. It's quite annoying when those sims are my playables I had no intention to turn into vampires. :smash:

But if they aren't friends with the vampire, they wouldn't let him bite them, I thought?
Page 1 of 2