Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 9:23 PM
Default diary retexture help needed
ok ive been at this for ages im trying to retexture the stock diary with one of my own but i just cant seem to get it done can someone help
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 10:46 PM
Wooah, wooah, slow down there! What can't you seem to get done? Are you having problems finding the diary in OBJ workshop? Can't find the texture?

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 12:47 AM
sorry i should have explained better
ive found the texture(i think) using SimPE and edited the texture but then its getting that texture to replace the stock texture ingame
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 1:57 AM
I believe it's a more involved process than just changing the texture. Because it's not a stand-alone object, but part of another (the bookcase), you're probably going to have to clone it and replace the old GUID references to the new ones. Echo's written a great tutorial on fixing self-referencing objects here.

Good luck!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 11:46 AM
megas - are you trying to create an override for all diaries in the game, or are you trying to make an alternative diary for one particular bookshelf?