Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 12:27 AM Last edited by XBBCX7891 : 18th Mar 2014 at 10:55 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, University Life
Default RESOLVED: Keyboard Lag in-game only
Hi all,

Anyone know what would cause a delayed response from the game of up to a full second from keyboard strokes? I use my keyboard to adjust the camera in-game, and if I press and hold a button, it will do nothing until I release it, and it only adjusts as if I tapped the button.

Help, please?!?!

I should note that I am having this problem on both my desktop and laptop computers. The only folders I have synced between the two are the saved games folder and the mods folder. Again, the lag only happens in-game. Everything works normal in notepad. So it's definitely an issue with the game. Everything is up to date.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 7:37 PM
Notepad is less resource intensive than the Sims... does the sync happen automatically or only when you specifically tell it to?

Have you gone through the Game Problem FAQ? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem That would help track down what the source of the problem is. (You probably also need to compare your system to the System Requirements to be sure you aren't overtaxing it. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...em_Requirements

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 7:26 PM Last edited by mikey : 20th Mar 2014 at 4:54 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4347829, 4350440
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Notepad is less resource intensive than the Sims... does the sync happen automatically or only when you specifically tell it to?

Have you gone through the Game Problem FAQ? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem That would help track down what the source of the problem is. (You probably also need to compare your system to the System Requirements to be sure you aren't overtaxing it. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...em_Requirements

Yes, the sync happens automatically. I recreated the folders in dropbox, and manually linked them in command mode on both computers. It shouldn't have anything to do with the system requirements, because I have been playing the game on my laptop with no problems for years, it only started doing this a couple weeks ago. I tried updating everything, to no avail. I tried removing my mods folder, but the lag persists.

I will continue to look through the Game Problem FAQ, but in the mean time, has anyone else experienced this specific problem and knows how to fix it?

Quote: Originally posted by XBBCX7891
Yes, the sync happens automatically. I recreated the folders in dropbox, and manually linked them in command mode on both computers. It shouldn't have anything to do with the system requirements, because I have been playing the game on my laptop with no problems for years, it only started doing this a couple weeks ago. I tried updating everything, to no avail. I tried removing my mods folder, but the lag persists.

I will continue to look through the Game Problem FAQ, but in the mean time, has anyone else experienced this specific problem and knows how to fix it?

UPDATE: I tried everything in the Game Problem FAQ, to no avail. I should also add that when I use edge scrolling and the pan/tilt options in the control tray with the mouse, it works fine. The game is only reading the keyboard slowly.

Thanks in advance for your !!

The issue was a virus. If anyone else is experiencing this specific problem, open up your task manager, and look under the processes tab for 'stij.exe'. If it is there, you too have the virus. Search Google for the most up-to-date removal tool.