Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 9:58 PM
Adding polygons on clothing/shoes?
Hello, hello!

I have made some Sims 3 stuff in the past, all pretty basic. Now that I developed my 3D skills some more I would like to start making stuff again soon. I have seen some great clothing/shoes I want to make but they don't look anything close like the base models which you can choose from. So my questions are:

- Can you add/delete polygons/vertexes to a clothing or shoe mesh? I remember something it was only possible to move the existing polygons around because they are bound to the joints in Milkshape. I do know you can make any desired furniture you want as long as you keep an eye on some basic rules.

- Can you export your clothing/shoes to a 3D Studio Max file to edit them? Or will that make you lose the joints from Milkshape? That would make adding polygons and unwrapping a LOT easier for me.

I have seen some amazing stuff lately and It's pretty hard to imagine they only made that with the base models So if you can only move the polygons from clothing/shoes meshes can anyone please point me to a nice tutorial? I am not a newbie to modeling so feel free to link the expert tutorials if you have any

Any help would be appreciated a lot!

Regards,

Kliekie
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 11:34 PM
If you have a recent version of 3DS MAX you can create clothing using this plugin:
http://forums.thesimsresource.com/i...texport-script/

You basicly can mesh watever you want as long as you uvmap the parts on the correct spot.
The joints and morphs you can do later with Toolkit, very simple with a few clicks.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/481950

Toolkit can also convert the WSO format to GEOM, depends wat you prefer using:
TSRW uses WSO format
s3OC/s3PE/CTU uses GEOM format.
I personal prefer TSRW

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 12:56 PM
Well look at that, they made a plugin and program for it! This is amazing, thank you very much!