Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#10976 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 10:39 AM
I'm pretty sure BRY fixes all of the salary issues.
Advertisement
Instructor
#10977 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I think crashing the game is what it does by default, and Chris Hatch modified it in some mod or other of his so that it sends sims to the toilet instead.

I just tried it today and it seems it just does nothing. I think I did see somewhere that that interaction send Sims to the bathroom, just not sure where.
I would really like to know what developers were thinking during the making of the game sometimes. Mostly what's the idea behind every debugging interaction, they're really weird some of them.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10978 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I'm pretty sure BRY fixes all of the salary issues.

You are meaning this mod?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,3884.0.html
It does have quite a lot of requirements though, not everyone will need macrotastics for example.
Scholar
#10979 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 7:11 PM
dxvk works not only on TS2 itself but Body Shop. I needed it because I use AMD graphics. Booting times are less than a minute in both.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#10980 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 9:04 AM
Sims relaxing on a double bed can ask a pet to join.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#10981 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre

I didn't know that!
Forum Resident
#10982 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 5:34 PM
A visitor on a lot can autonomously spray cockroaches.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#10983 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 2:30 AM
If a Sim drowns, it might be impossible for another Sim to reach the grim reaper and plead for their life.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#10984 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre

That's awesome! I didnt know about that! I did know about Sims petting them while on the couch but not this.

Inventor
#10985 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 6:41 PM
They don't want to walk over a door square. The door and curtains have 0 route penalty and person intersection.

https://i.imgur.com/JzMtF9H.jpeg
Theorist
#10986 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 6:57 PM
I'm sorry, what? What causes that behavior? The door is literally 3 tiles away...
Inventor
#10987 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 7:38 PM
There is a door square between where she is and where she needs to go and she doesn't seem to want to step on it. When she wants to go to sleep into the left side of the bed, she also comes in from the garden. I was experimenting with gardening and noticed this when they needed to walk to a shrub and had to pass single tile gate they wouldn't want to step on it and would go around it. The problem doesn't happen if there is another free tile between the door and something else.

An object can have a property that makes people want to avoid walking over it (for example flowers) called a route penalty. But after I cleared it from the door (100), it still seemed to have one.

In Winter, the penalty seems to go crazy. They want to avoid stepping into deep snow, and can't distinguish other factors. But here there isn't deep snow.
Theorist
#10988 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 8:53 PM
Maybe it doesn't behave properly when the route penalty is cleared from an object/portal. Have you tried setting it to something extremely low instead, like 1?

The deep snow is sort of realistic. I've seen Sims climb up the stairs only to go down the stairs that are one tile further. Leaves the impression that they want to clear their boots of stiff snow.
Inventor
#10989 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 9:30 PM
Yes. I have not set it to a negative number. Idk if that is valid. Would be fun if they tried to cross this one spot anywhere they went.

I set the portal penalty on the door to 3000, and then she doesn't want to use the door to go to the bathroom. But she also can't go out into the garden through that door, even if I make the two other gates equal penalty.

Looks like Deep Snow might saturate the number, so that adding small amounts of other penalty makes no difference. I made a mod that makes people not want to step over a ground light, which is a "portal", and simply walk around it instead. It stops working when deep snow falls.
Mad Poster
#10990 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 11:00 PM
Do puddles have a penalty? I once had an extremely neat Sim take a very long route to avoid stepping in the flood left behind by a broken hydrobot.

Inventor
#10991 Old 19th Mar 2024 at 11:40 PM
It should be equal to 500 (normal range is 300-500). An object can set it based on its condition. You can see the current value with COE (All.../Misc Obj Data...). With portal the walking person can set it based on him (his neatness, his running, or whatever). With route there is no obvious place to do it.
Mad Poster
#10992 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
They don't want to walk over a door square. The door and curtains have 0 route penalty and person intersection.

https://i.imgur.com/JzMtF9H.jpeg
I'm fascinated by that picture, and the circuitous route Florence chooses to get to her toilet. I presume by "door square" you mean the tiles on either side of a door. And when you say she seems not to want to step on it, I think you must mean unless she intends to go through the door. Because the route she chooses takes her though five doors and a gate, rather than one door if she chose the obvious and direct route. That means stepping on a lot of unnecessary door and gate squares, but she goes through them all. I presume that the door square she doesn't want to step on is the one for the left hand side (from Florence's point of view) of the double door that leads from her bedroom to the garden.

All this made me want to go into my game, go to see Florence, and see if I can replicate the issue. So I opened my game, went to Florence's house, and when I opened her house, I found she had just got out of bed, and the very first thing in her queue was to make precisely that move from her bedside to her toilet!

The situation is complicated in my game by the presence of two Sims, who have obviously spent the night in her house. One of them, Don Ng, is in the bathroom she's intending to use, but I have a "no bathroom privacy" mod, so that shouldn't stop her. Don is one of the Tricou teens. It seems he must have been sharing Florence's double bed with her. I have Jenflower's "Woohoo Teens", but he doesn't seem to be in any sort of romantic relationship with her. More likely he has just decided to sleep in her bed rather than go home. Ever since I got a "Sleep on Community Lots" mod, my Sims often do this. When it came to her own bedtime, seeing that she's friends with him, Florence would be happy enough to get into bed beside him. The other Sim in her house is Bluewater townie Phoebe Rider (who I think works in Malcolm Landgraab's Electronic Superstore). Florence has a crush on Phoebe and they are best friends. I think she must have asked Phoebe to stay the night. She has made up a single bed for Phoebe in her own room. At the moment (6:12 a.m.) Phoebe is still asleep.

I'll let you all know what happens when I unpause the game!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#10993 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 2:15 AM
Walking across the door is clearly different from transferring through the door. Makes sense that they would be slightly reluctant to stand in front of the door and prevent it from being used. (But they avoid it at all costs.) Usually if you direct exactly behind the obstacle instead of some spot further, they will still walk across it.

https://i.imgur.com/n1uVB5i.png

https://i.imgur.com/APde83h.jpeg (the gate has been deleted)

The route calculation might work differently in another version. On a good day they can reach the Smooth Rock Spa hot springs, and on a bad they they cannot.
Mad Poster
#10994 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 7:52 AM
Well, in my game Florence just walked across by the shortest possible route and went into the bathroom. As she arrived there, Don was running a bath for himself and taking his clothes off. (Well, he wasn't wearing much!) Florence gave him a cheery wave and sat down on the toilet. No fuss at all! I have a "no blur" mod. By 6:24 a.m. Phoebe has got up too.

Sims? Don't you just love them?

I only have the first 3 EPs, and my SPs are Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life, Celebration! and H&M Fashion. If that makes any difference.

I checked the storytelling and it seems Florence had invited Don to stay the night. It seems he turned her down, but then decided to stay anyway. He's not her love interest (Phoebe is!), but she's thinking of taking him under her wing, teaching him flower arranging, and informally adopting him. In exchange he could help her with the shop.

Before I leave this topic, @jonasn , may I just ask about a couple of Florence's wants that I see in your picture. They're probably from EPs that I don't have. I've circled them below:

The first one looks like a kite, so I reckon I might have it with OFB, though I've never consciously seen it. What does she want to do with it? Buy it, fly it, or just talk about it? (It's in a speech bubble.) The second one looks to me as if it might be a wolf. What does she want to do with it?
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#10995 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 8:26 AM
Those are "Talk About Hobby" from FreeTime and "See a Wolf" from Pets. Seeing a wolf gets satisfied if a pet dog of a wolf kind comes to visit the lot even if the person is fully asleep and can't see the animal. Knowledge aspirants want to see wolves and play with them.
Theorist
#10996 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 1:37 PM
What if there's an invisible object on the door tile? Intriguing indeed...
Inventor
#10997 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 1:50 PM
There wasn't, I checked. In the park it's a fresh lot.
Mad Poster
#10998 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 1:57 PM
Nothing on the wall? I had a lot once where the door was stuck open because of a wall ornament.
Instructor
#10999 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 3:43 PM
If a Sim in BodyShop was made wearing any other outfit than Everyday, when selecting it in CAS' Sim Bin a pop up appears saying: "The Sim you selected was displayed in X outfit, which will be switched to the Everyday outfit until you go to the X tab in "Step 5: Clothing." ". Pretty neat!

Mad Poster
#11000 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 3:22 AM
Using the Tombstone of Life and Death to make an adult assume the age of child and then having them 'dance together' with an (actual) adult results in some absolutely hilarious animations.

Page 440 of 445