Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 11:30 PM
Default Finding Store items for cloning
Pretty straightforward question, I hesitated posting this for fear I might be violating some rules, I just want to know, where I could find the store items in s3oc.

For example, if I wanted to clone and remesh or recolor a fence, where could I locate it for cloning?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 8:21 AM
Peter's tools do not offer direct facilities for pirating store items. However there are indirect routes people have discovered, which I am not going to describe here.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#3 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 8:47 AM
But Inge, it is not piracy, if you did buy the object in the Store and installed it with the launcher in your game, it will be included in the DCCache and the downloaded file in your Downloadsfolder.
I think she wants to know if it is possible and how to acces them, to make a clone or recolor for it.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 10:31 AM
It is piracy from the point of view that EA specifically made the store items encrypted to a different file format, with the intention of making them non-clonable. That is to say, their licence terms for store items can be assumed to forbid copying, and would certainly forbid copying and sharing with others.

It would be possible for Tammy Trauma to research a way round this, but probably not on this site.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)