Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Apr 2024 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ed95
Guess she fell in love with Chad during his past as a male stripper -pardon me, "adult entertainer"- from the Chad Surprise Cake company.

lmaoooo yeah I forgot they have the same head and I lost it when Chad's doppelganger jumped out of the cake. I think Tiffany hired a look-alike on purpose.

Quote:
I love the alternative families you have!!! I specially like the Ippies, and wonder how would they behave on Old Town. They will NOT stand for the overcommercialization of it!! I would like to see more of the Traylors and their home; really interesting and, as said, you have amazing deocrating skills!!! Wonder where your ideas for playing and decorating come from.

I think most of my ideas come from things other people made. I'll find a piece of CC or just look at an item or a skin in the game and think "what sim would wear/use that?" Like the Traylors are carnies because I was looking at all the clowns and circus memorabilia in the game and I was like "what kind of sim would actually want all this stuff on their walls?" and voila.

I also think it's fun to decide on a particular JOB for a sim, rather than just a CAREER. I don't think every sim needs to grind and climb the career track all the way, and not every sim would want to! (Specially the lazy ones...) So Chris Roomies is the Fashion career, but she's specifically a photographer, not a model or a designer. I decorated her room with cameras and equipment and photos that maybe she took. The sim career tracks have a lot of fun things in them (animal acting coach? human cannonball???) that it's easy to just skip over on your race to the top, but really leaning into one can be fun.

That university campus is a VERY cool idea! I know there are school and apartment mods but I've never tried to use them, seems like it would be a fun challenge! I am gonna look at some school-at-home mods and see if I can steal adapt your idea. And I think the Denvers have the perfect house, since they're a "mile-high." Maybe John should look into becoming a pilot or a mountain climber?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 11:20 AM
Thanks a lot for reading me!!!!

@simsample, with that face and body Sim Sample was clearly made for modelling!! Unfortunately Maxis did really slack off on that one, since it only has two objects: the photoshoot kit and the catwalk, which you already unlock by the middle of the Fame career track. At least the catwalk is one of the more difficult fame objects!!! He could also compliment that with the Fashion studio kits (and money-making objects), thay have both at Sim Freaks and at Around the Sims, you know, as a side hustle.

On the subject of the Denvers, yeah, they definitely need more sims in town, and to have more relationships. There's only two more families and, I believe, one community lot. This actually has motivated me to build up the nhood, I got really dry on ideas on this one (guess I was starting it right before I started studying music...).

And thanks for complimenting my little university lot!!! @EphemeralToast, I find your ideas very entertaining, and I definitely will, ahem, "inspire" myself. There's some really quirky objects that pique my interest on the game -like the moosehead. Maybe a bohemian couple like the one @YoNonna did??? I also like assigning jobs to the sims, since careers get really grindy and, once they have some sure bill and food payment, you're really free to explore everything you can do with the game. I thought of John as a police officer, but the X-Treme career is one that turns up a lot on his newspaper... in any case, he has some of that "washed-out" worker vibe to me. Living on a, as you said, on a "mile-high" house gives me the idea of they thinking very cool themselves, or on a swamp. Two very intereseting ideas nonetheless. Maybe he, just as Tiffany, should look into the Bunny/ Chad Suprise Cake model...

Ah, the university!!! I didn't came around to it, but I planned to make a house with sims acting as teachers and for student sims to skill ─using Simlogical's visitor controller. It may be very intereseting seeing how they interact with each other, which is, in the end, the interesting thing about sims university. I actually have somewhere written down the careers, which were based on the game and expansions career tracks ─with an Arts& Crafts option for those sims that become workers-at-home. Maybe they would have paid tuition to the teachers household, I don't know which setup would have worked. I also have a completely built dorm house, which I will show here. Suddenly I'm very interested again on this nhood!!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old Yesterday at 12:56 PM
Not in my game today, but a video I was watching with Will Wright. I don't know if anyone else has seen this one, but he talks about fansites at one point, how many do you recognise?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c91IWh4agzU
Page 2 of 2