Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 2:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Desperately need help with deleting a fence that I accidentally put underwater in Edit Town
I really desperately need help with deleting a fence that I accidentally put underwater while trying to replace some fences in Edit Town. Due to the lack of control I have when rotating fences, I lost control of the fence I was placing in the world. And I had no choice but to release it. And as I predicted it had been placed somewhere where I couldn't simply grab and delete it.

These fences aren't the sort that can be deleted using NRaas' Master Controller or Debug Enabler. Because most unclickable objects don't appear on the list of available objects to flush in NRaas > Master Controller > Town > Object Stats.

I tried purging objects with the maximum radius. But apparently the fence is too far under for me to purge. And even if it were close enough, these fences are immune to purging. It might be possible for me to try deleting it by placing a lot over the area where the fence is. But I'm not prepared to do it because when I bulldoze the lot there will be a dark patch where the lot used to be.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 2:43 AM
I've just tried placing a lot over it out of desperation. And surprisingly there doesn't seem to be a dark patch where the lot used to be. I don't know if that's due to how deep the water is. Or what. Also it turns out that the fence wasn't in too deep for me to purge it. It was just immune to purging. Still it would be nice to have a backup option available in case something happened and I wasn't able to place a lot over it and bulldoze it without a dark square patch appearing where the lot used to be.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 1:04 PM
Not sure it works with fences but testingcheatsenabled and then Shift click on it and Delete?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
Not sure it works with fences but testingcheatsenabled and then Shift click on it and Delete?

Already tried that. It didn't work. There are certain objects that can't be clicked on. Fences being one of them.
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Feb 2023 at 12:10 PM
Try placing and bulldozing to see the result, then reload if it's too bad to handle. That's all I've got atm.

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr