Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2005 at 1:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default Plz Help [ep Installation]
I bought The Sims 2 University about a month ago and I still can't install it on my computer!
-I have uninstalled and reinstalled The Sims 2 base game.
-I have copied all the files from the CD to a folder.
-I have made sure th disc's were clean.
-I have made sure my computer is met all requirments. . . many times.
-I have tried about every trick out ther [Even the background tasking thing]
But EVERY time I install it around 65% it an error message occurs and says could not copy 'D:\TSBin\Sims2EP1.exe' from the media.
So I'm begging someone to tell me how to install it!

Thank you for helping.
Advertisement
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th May 2005 at 2:26 AM
It might help if you read this article that Daysies wrote. It's called "How Do I Get Ready for University?"
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47692

If you haven't followed all the steps she has listed in that post, it could explain your error.

If you have any other questions, you may get a better response by posting in the "Sims 2 FAQs & Support" forum, located here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Good luck :P
Faster kill pussycat
#3 Old 25th May 2005 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eyes_lit_up
I bought The Sims 2 University about a month ago and I still can't install it on my computer!
-I have uninstalled and reinstalled The Sims 2 base game.
-I have copied all the files from the CD to a folder.
-I have made sure th disc's were clean.
-I have made sure my computer is met all requirments. . . many times.
-I have tried about every trick out ther [Even the background tasking thing]
But EVERY time I install it around 65% it an error message occurs and says could not copy 'D:\TSBin\Sims2EP1.exe' from the media.
So I'm begging someone to tell me how to install it!

Thank you for helping.

Yes do as Tkd said. But if none of that fixes it then I might be a BAD disk. The store where you got it should trade you for it. I had to get a new disk my self. It sucked. But After I got a new disk all was fine. Also delete ALL sims files (not you downloads) befor you rerereinstall it.

Now I'm not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions. Try walking in my shoes. You'll stumble in my footsteps.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th May 2005 at 2:37 AM
I had similar problem with Rush Hour it turned out to be a faulty disk. The only way I found this out was by trying to install it on anouther computer.
If possible I suggest you try installing it o a nouther computer and if the same problem happens you know it is the disk.
Scholar
#5 Old 25th May 2005 at 5:12 PM
I have read that if all else fails, try installing the game in safe mode on your computer.

To get safe mode... restart computer, hold the F8 key as it restarts. This should load it in safe mode. Try installing the game. If it works, then just restart computer to get out of safe mode.

Good luck!

Teresa