Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 11:53 AM
Default Switching Computers
Its a VERY long story. A lot of lies Dell told me, three wrong video cards (two of which Dell reccomended), game crashing, very loud computer, etc etc.
In the end, we just gave up and I'm getting my mother's computer and she's getting mine.
Side Note* Don't EVER buy a slim-line computer! Don't EVER buy a computer with an intergrated graphics chip! And don't EVER go to a Dell sales representative when you're looking for a computer! EVER! If you can, stay AWAY from Dell! :eviltongu

Now, my mother wants to keep her original speakers, and I want to keep my printer. Is that going to be a big hassle? Can I just take the plugs out and put them into the other computers without a problem? Will I need the CDs?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 1:01 PM
Not sure, alot of hardware is plug and play, and personally I've never had any problems doing that. In fact I still use the speakers and printer from my first computer that I bought 9 years ago, and I've never had to install any software to use them. I can't guarantee it will work with your though.
shiny!
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 3:08 PM
Sorry about your Dell experience I also had a nightmare experience with them and won't ever use them again either..

Changing speakers should be totally plug and play. The printer may and prob will require you to install drivers. You should be able to go to the manufacturers’ website and find everything there. If you need help locating them, you can simply tell me the make and model of your printer and I can point you directly to them.