Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#16026 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carpedentum
Was the big news about the demo? Or are we still waiting for it? And is that all we're due to see of TS4 at Gamescom?

she lightly touched on how the demo was now free for everyone, but that was already this morning before the conference (is how i got mine)
And it seems like if they didn't bother to show anything big on stage, that's all we'll see that is "new" to this game at this point... verry sad for this franchise
ah well my dog needs surgery next week anyway :3 guess me not buying Sims 4 i have a mini sponser for that surgery now... ty maxis
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#16027 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carpedentum
Was the big news about the demo? Or are we still waiting for it? And is that all we're due to see of TS4 at Gamescom?

That is what I wondered and pissed I was up for that. I am going to bed! Another embarrassing presentation. Ugh.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#16028 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I think we really should make a thread that showcases your Sims creations and post all your CAS Sims pictures there... At first, it was essential to have CAS screens here (although we did admit we were sick of them at one point) as part of TS4 new info about which people are curious, but now... not so much anymore. With the demo now available for everyone, I don't think everyone here wants to see every single post about CAS Sims and not about actual TS4 info (or on-topic discussion posts). I particularly don't care if you make the most beautiful Sim or Emma Watson Sim in this thread.

There is a thread,

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=528437

It might be better if it was stickied on the main forum rather than tucked away in the Pictures section.
Top Secret Researcher
#16029 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emeraldzephyr
So does the cowplant no longer eat sims? Just spits them out? Is it just a very low chance of being eaten?

Hoping it's a low chance and not a complete removal.

I used to be scared of the cow plant in my games. Now it's like. Ehh.

Another way EA dumbed this game down.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Field Researcher
#16030 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:54 AM
As boring as every vanilla Sims CAS options has ever been, again lacks 'personality'. I want to make a slob, someone who doesn't care about what others think, that lives in their own comfort-zone but I can't create that personality with their hair style or clothes. I can't create my next door neighbour because he 'wears' his personality, not an over 'emotional' guy but brimming with personality and 'his' style.

I just wished they had broken out of their own damn comfort-zone and tried something more unique, like instead of having the same ole same ole categories they made an effort to have clothing and hair style sub sections that matched the emotions they have impended.

Build/buy mode will be just the same - all nice little ticky tacky modern average suburban.

The most excitement and joy lately I have got out of the Sims is when I have spent hours downloading all that personality from CC creations if they had tried to blended personality with the emotions then that would have been something to buy again.
Lab Assistant
#16031 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka

Yeah if it's a complete removal I don't understand what that point of it is anymore?

I dunno if I'd prefer a low chance but I'd take it over no chance at all.
Field Researcher
#16032 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:55 AM
Well, that was underwhelming. But exactly what I expected.
You have to remember, those events are, sadly, not for hardcore fans, but for mainstream and mostly press. You will never see in depth gameplay or talking about very specific aspects on those life presentations.
Do I still wish they had announced something like 'Pools are back in!' Heck, yeah.
Top Secret Researcher
#16033 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TullyKat1
As boring as every vanilla Sims CAS options has ever been, again lacks 'personality'. I want to make a slob, someone who doesn't care about what others think, that lives in their own comfort-zone but I can't create that personality with their hair style or clothes. I can't create my next door neighbour because he 'wears' his personality, not an over 'emotional' guy but brimming with personality and 'his' style.

I just wished they had broken out of their own damn comfort-zone and tried something more unique, like instead of having the same ole same ole categories they made an effort to have clothing and hair style sub sections that matched the emotions they have impended.

Build/buy mode will be just the same - all nice little ticky tacky modern average suburban.

The most excitement and joy lately I have got out of the Sims is when I have spent hours downloading all that personality from CC creations if they had tried to blended personality with the emotions then that would have been something to buy again.

Could you give an example of items you've downloaded to give your homes and characters personality?

I understand what you mean about ticky tacky all-modern stuff but I'm kind of at a loss by what you mean with personality CC? As it can be interpreted as taste rather than personality.

Also, totally not trying to be sarcastic or mean here. I'm genuinely curious about what you mean. (Not to say that the rest of my posts are intentionally sarcastic or mean. Not all the time.)

Alchemist
#16034 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ProfPlumbob
There is a thread,

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=528437

It might be better if it was stickied on the main forum rather than tucked away in the Pictures section.

Oh, nice. I didn't know TS4 forum already had its own pictures section.

Quote: Originally posted by siletka

EA thinks it'd be a shame if your Sims accidentally died in this tragic accident so they made the cowplant safe, made the fire safe, made it impossible to drown anymore, but decided to make laughter lethal (??????)

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#16035 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:58 AM
Hmm, judging by these comments on the official Sims Facebook page I'm thinking maybe the demo announcement was not the news.

Simmer: Well... We already got the Demo out today, so... YAY MORE NEWS
The Sims replied: Yay! What Sim will you create first?
Top Secret Researcher
#16036 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Oh, nice. I didn't know TS4 forum already had its own pictures section.

EA thinks it'd be a shame if your Sims accidentally died in this tragic accident so they made the cowplant safe, made the fire safe, made it impossible to drown anymore, but decided to make laughter lethal (??????)

Death by emotions is also safe, since you need to push your sim to that point, and the game will actually warn you that you are about to kill your sim. The Gurus have already stated its not as easy as they made it seem in their "unscripted" walkthroughs.

Lab Assistant
#16037 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:01 AM

G'Night everyone.
Field Researcher
#16038 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:06 AM
Three new little videos: http://simscommunity.net/the-sims-4-the-academy/
Dont know if anyone has already seen them.
Lab Assistant
#16039 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:10 AM
Had myself fooled thinking that I might actually get to see a live gameplay with freewill turned ON for a change.
I also thought that Peter was going to actually try to play the game, not just stand there while she "showed" him it. smh
Lab Assistant
#16040 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Candacis
Three new little videos: http://simscommunity.net/the-sims-4-the-academy/
Dont know if anyone has already seen them.

oh my that swagger one
also "how weird do you like your weird"...
I guess not verry...
anyway i'm gonna do something with my day besides sit behind the PC... have a good night to those who are heading to bed~~
Forum Resident
#16041 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:22 AM
I thought this game was a life simulation, not a weirdness emulator.
Test Subject
#16042 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:25 AM Last edited by queeninthenorth : 13th Aug 2014 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typo
This whole forced weirdness in TS4 just reminds me of all the people who move here to Portland because they've seen an episode of Portlandia and think that they're so weird and wacky and unique when in reality they are exactly the same as every other 20-something transplant with bad dreadlocks, tattoos, a bike and a dog. I'm sick of it IRL, I don't want to have to deal with it in my favorite video game as well.
Forum Resident
#16043 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:29 AM
Maybe EA should introduce some ganja or something to explain all the weirdness that happens... Because, honestly, I'd have to be stoned to find most of this crap funny.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16044 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
Maybe EA should introduce some ganja or something to explain all the weirdness that happens... Because, honestly, I'd have to be stoned to find most of this crap funny.

Oi, stop insulting stoners like that! :P

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#16045 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:43 AM
I made a dude. His name is Thomas. I don't usually make dudes, let alone like the result, but I'm in love with this one. Nothing 'new' or special about him, and I'll probably keep tweaking him, but I really like the way he currently looks.

The 4th Thomas on the second pic looks naughty, but that was totally not the intention
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16046 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiAnkhiar
I made a dude. His name is Thomas. I don't usually make dudes, let alone like the result, but I'm in love with this one. Nothing 'new' or special about him, and I'll probably keep tweaking him, but I really like the way he currently looks.

You have a very distinctive facial style that you gravitate to. He looks like he could be the brother of your short-haired blonde sim you posted before. Not that it's a bad thing, ofc, just an observation.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#16047 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:50 AM Last edited by DiAnkhiar : 13th Aug 2014 at 11:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
You have a very distinctive facial style that you gravitate to. He looks like he could be the brother of your short-haired blonde sim you posted before. Not that it's a bad thing, ofc, just an observation.

He actually is! Genetically anyways. Brian's real brother is blonde like her, and his face is a bit different than Thomas', but I actually really liked him, so I decided to use him as the template. However, yes I do have a distinctive style, and that can be very restricting at times, so I gotta practice more.

EDIT: Here's a picture showing all three of them. From left to right: Brian, Albert, and Thomas.

Albert and Thomas are almost exactly the same in appearance because they're pretty much the same sim, although different people. I'm just experimenting with CAS at the moment, so I tend to do a lot of that.
Forum Resident
#16048 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 10:59 AM
Just watched The presentation. The "king of CAS" (did i hear that right O.O) created a Angela Merkel, that actually looks more like hillary clinton. Total. fail. That was the most interesting part of it.
Test Subject
#16049 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:19 AM
The "king of CAS"? Wha...?
Field Researcher
#16050 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:21 AM
I swear all of the male hair is either slick backed or a shaggy mess.
Locked thread
Page 642 of 920